Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

A Day of Infamy

Castro   

^ Che, quick. Watch PBS right now. They have a segment on Somalia.

Horn & Hiraale are in a league of their own. Even general duke would be envious of such love affair. LOL.

Baashi   

K-didy, try again. Obviously you failed in first attempt. Stop tailgating the man Lander. Come up one of your own. I'm expecting you to deliver the goods. You got all night long to do your nitpicking. Good luck for your assignemnt :D .

Castro, No I don't think TFG is driving the kareeto but it is riding it big time. BTW, no offence is taken buddy. I don't usually take offence in these type of exchanges. But next time engage me in my views instead of questioning my loyalties. That was not your style last time I checked.

Castro   

^ Fair enough. But you do admit that in this environment, declared loyalties shall save us all the mistake of accusing someone of that which they're innocent.

I still maintain your call to a ceasefire is unrealistic. As it stands now, the ICU has little to bargain with. It's best to negotiate from a position of strength. At the height of its strength, the ICU was wishy-washy on negotiations. That train has now left the station.

What's next? Save face? Prepare for a guerilla war? Blend in with the population and regroup for a later time? Anything but coming to a hostile table and get routed politically as it has militarily.

Too many poisonous pills to swallow for the ICU at the moment, I'm sad to say.

The hardcore ideologues like Ayro iyo Turki coupled with the tribalist buffoons like Indhacadde became the court's undoing. Sad ending to a promising movement.Guerilla warfare will be the likely outcome here.

Baashi   

^^True that. But I made my stand crystal clear at least more than three times in this thread alone.

As for that train has left the station assertion, I guess there is some truth in that. And that addresses the feasibility of the ceasefire not the need for it. From what I understand, the offer is still on the table. EU is spearheading this effort. If and when UIC takes up the offer, the onus of refusing (with diplomatic consequences) is on TFG and its Ethiopian ally. The least this play achieves is the opening for Arab League involvement. As things stand now that opening is shut close by UIC call for "Jihad" against Ethiopia statement not being retracted as of today. UIC strategy is military in nature with no diplomatic effort complementing the military strategy.

Castro   

^ Baashi, darintii waa laguu diiday caawa.

Retracting the call to Jihad won't change a thing. Even if they do, that cat is out of the bag and the Ethiopians are already here. Do you think they'll say, "oh ok" and turn around and leave?

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Sad ending to a promising movement.Guerilla warfare will be the likely outcome here.

I agree but Xiin will disagree with you. Let's see what he comes up with tonight. :D

GB, How can I tailgate him when I'm a bigger keyboard commando than he'll ever be? Just to indulge you tho, who do you think made the bigger strategy mistake ICU or TFG? Cover all grounds please. And keep it realistic.

The war has begun now. the wishful-thinkers who envision the surrender of the Mujaahidiin to the stinking ethiopians are the most ignorant about the nature of this conflict.

We all are going to die, and we choose to die for this cause of defending our country from the invading Christians of Ethiopia. Nothing less will make us satisfied.

Ethiopia will take more deaths from us, Geeri sharaf leh iyo Gobonimo wax u dhexeeya ma jirto!

Gabar gabadheed naga hari meyso inta uu gaal ku sugan yahay dalkeena. Waxaan ku faraxsanahay inaan ahay Muwaadin Soomaaliyeed oo taariikhda baal dahab ah ka gali doono, iyadoo ay jiraan dabadhilifyo gaalka u shaqeeyo oo diintooda iibsaday!

NGONGE   

Sometimes, I think that people can’t see the wood for the trees! What is all this talk of gorilla warfare as being an acceptable alternative? Has it been successful in Afghanistan or Iraq? Is it not but another stalemate? In my opinion, the worst outcome here would be a gorilla warfare. Might as well bring back the warlords.

As for the TFG, love them or hate them, they do wield some power, even though I would concede that they’re Ethiopian puppets. However, I also believe that they have their very own agenda that is separate to that of Ethiopia. For the moment, the Ethiopian project and help seem to suit their purposes. However, the minute they feel that Ethiopia has betrayed them or is not working towards the same goal as theirs, they’ll all suddenly extend those beards and shout ‘tooba tooba’!

Those that are part of the TFG are, at best, madmen. Surely they can see the level of hatred and unease (to put it mildly) their cooperation with Ethiopia has created. Surely they’re not blind enough not to notice how people from all over Somalia are condemning such a war and such cooperation! Even if they win, how in the world do they dream of ruling such a people? How do they propose to calm such anger? How do they expect to win the trust, hearts and minds of the people? It’s nigh on impossible (then again, there is nothing impossible about Somali people).

Which brings me to my fellow citizen, Lander! Here, the impossible seems to have finally taken place. How can a Somalilander support the Courts against Ethiopia? If I didn’t know any better I would have said it was duplicitous. But, seen how charged the atmosphere is with all these events, I’m certain that, here, emotion rather than logic has taken place. Having said that, maybe this war would be a time of reflection for the people of Somaliland and new ideas will start to spring forward from that part of Somalia. Ideas such as understanding the relationship that republic has with Ethiopia for example. One might be daring enough and wonder if people might even be receptive to having an open and frank discussion about unity with Somalia. Still, that’s a discussion for another day.

Today, the only and most important discussion to have is the one about the war. Pick a side, say the angry people. If you’re not with the Courts then you are with the enemy, they accusingly point out. How could you think of analysing anything when the Ethiopian fighter jets are bombarding Somali lands and Ethiopian soldiers are defiling our territory with their illegal invasion, they shockingly plead!

Do you really not see that this is the beauty of it all? We are sitting here on a discussion forum. Distant and detached from all the fighting and killing. We are at a liberty to keep our heads and discuss the matter at our own leisure. In fact, and as the first post of this thread shows, we can even be frivolous about it all. It would be the height of madness to try any of this inside Somalia. There, one would be obliged to toe the line. Backs to the wall. All for one and one for all. I might as well borrow from our very own Tolstoy and talk about the Dunkirk spirit for all it’s worth.

Pointless accusations, mind reading and anger is not going to get us anywhere. A calm discussion might give us an idea of what will happen next and what sort of Somalia we will have when the dust settles. It’s really your choice though on how you wish you conduct your own discussions. I still believe that an open one is much better than one littered with accusations and counter accusations.

^^Your remarks are ridden with cowardism and you shouldn't be engaging with this sort of discussion so long its based on warfare and death!

Keep away from war-zone debates! lol

NGONGE   

^^ Let us go together to Somalia and fight, dear charlatan. Don't worry, I'll pay for your ticket and the nice sunglasses (so you look good). :D