Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Open Letter to Ahmed Ould Abdallah, the UN Special Envoy to Somalia

^^Waxaa igu maqaalaa 3 allifle Duke did that!

Mr fast horse, again you make false silly assumptions. :D

Sophist, will forward you a line , check your PM.

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Name one reasonable and practical
thing
that should be done in order to bring them to the peace process
dirrin
?

Sophist awoowe think through on this one.

Pardon the interception. Don't make this seem like mission impossible. Public pronouncements of "we will not negotiate until..." are made all the time by different parties. Yet, backdoor, unofficial, secret and informal meetings occur all the time.

To have no backdoor talks with the Shabaab is disastrous. The Shabaab are not interested in grandstand conferences in 5 star hotels. They have one request, namely the Ethiopians exiting the country. Meet them half way. Order the Ethiopians out of major population centers and force the Shabaab to make the next move.

This stalemate is killing us awoowe.

Fabregas   

^^ AL Shabaab is not the only group that hasn't been invited to this deal!

In any case, I think he's referring more to the ARS and military wings of the ICU,as Alshabaab has even distanced themselves from the ARS. It's pretty much impossible to bring them in the current process, as they have labeled the ARS as heretics(the secular folks) and qowmiyeen!

And I don't think there is anything( right know) that can persuade that youthful mujahideen group to join any "peace process", save announcing the return of the Caliphate, :D The equation is more of Shariff convincing the mainstream of the ICU and ARS to join his caravan! Those are the men that can't easily be dismissed as unreasonable "warmongers".

waits for Sophist :D

RedSea   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Baashi:

Name one reasonable and practical
thing that should be done in order to bring them to the peace process
dirrin
?

Sophist awoowe think through on this one.

Pardon the interception. Don't make this seem like mission impossible. Public pronouncements of "we will not negotiate until..." are made all the time by different parties. Yet, backdoor, unofficial, secret and informal meetings occur all the time.

To have no backdoor talks with the Shabaab is disastrous. The Shabaab are not interested in grandstand conferences in 5 star hotels. They have one request, namely the Ethiopians exiting the country. Meet them half way. Order the Ethiopians out of major population centers and force the Shabaab to make the next move.

This stalemate is killing us awoowe.
Very very reasonable way to put it Castro. I hope these 'isla saxaanayaal' in here understand anything reasonable.

Peace talks with someone who has no control to change the dynamics will simply result in nothing. If you want talks, half way as Castro said, attended by both parties in driver seats. Yes drop the 'war on terror logo' and adress the human rights violation commited by the parties concern. Wonderful article sxb.

I don't think Shirwac can come up with logical explanation to the question posed by senior Baashe.

That is a good question.

Thanks Shirwac for sharing ur article with us.

RedSea   

Only the reasonable understand, the unreasobles don't.

Baashi, Xiin faniin would like to see TFG led by their uncle stay. That is the truth unfortunately.

RedSea   

^then how come you can't have your way with them. how come they keep chasing the Ethiopian stooges all over Xamar and in the country side every day and time. How come the TFG hasn't been able to muster a force to oppose them to this day?

They have killed thousands and thousands of Ethiopian soldiers and hundreds of their lucky's mostly from Mudug and they are still kicking to this day.

They are the ones who give hell to your uncle, they are the reason he can't seem to attain his dreams of being a 'somali president' someday. They constantly attack him even on his way to the airport. The old man is stressed out and under 24/7 armed guide via the Ethiopians, the AU forces.

If they didnt' matter the Americans wouldn't have their navy in somalia, they wouldn't have put them on the so call 'terrorist list'. Now would they duke?

Castro   

Originally posted by Ceyrow jr.:

Only the reasonable understand, the unreasobles don't.

Baashi, Xiin faniin would like to see TFG led by their uncle stay. That is the truth unfortunately.

lol @ "the truth"

Did I ever tell you that the president of Somaliland is "my" uncle and he's also a bona fide dabodhilif?

So, what has "your" uncle been up to lately? :D

P.S. I hope you see my point. There's a dabodhilif in every branch so I'm starting with myself to not use "uncle" with anyone, going forward. I hope you and others do the same.

Cayrow: They have killed, maimed and have been killed and maimed. They and their supporters have raised funds, they and their Eritrean/Arab friends have sent money and yet they have not liberated a single town. they do not hold a single city, set up a single admin.

Its been a year and they are not only stuck in Asmara. They have lost their greatest fighters and their Amir has signed an agreement with the devil.

Dont convince me, talk to Sharif Ahmed, Shiekh Janagow, Abukar Cadaan, Sharif Xasan These people belived more than you, and today have fled Asamara. ;)

Apart from your talk what have they given to their population? Yes they have made the resident of Mogadishu, into refugees. The Mogadishu folks had their homes before Al Shabaab

But hey you are from Burco and its ok up there right Mujahid. :D

RedSea   

Castro,

Some are wise enough to see that and some aren't. Xiin faniin has been good sport mostly, but lately he seems to have been pursuaded that the other side not the TFG is refusing 'peace'.

Duke,

What do you mean a single city? They are in the neighborhoods of Xamar, killing and chasing around the TFG thugs. They have taken control of more than 40 cities and villages and military bases on daily basis including balidoogle, Jawhar, Bacaadley, Buulo burde but as always you are in denial.

On the flip side, the TFG with all that internation backing hasn't been able to once again put together so form of militia in its defense, or at least cleanse teh city from insurgents but as usual is in life support. Tell the last time that the TFG's lackies won a single battle alone without their masters, how bout never!!

You call them a government yet they can't even defend themselves from few Al shabaab fighters who lightly armed.

Again, you are missing the point. The Alshabaab=ICU. In case you might forget, gave all they had to the residents of Muqdisho and much of southern somalia: kicking out the warlords and bringing back peace to Xamar before the invasion of allied evil forces came.

Its' the invaders that brought destruction, death and forced people out of their homes. It's the tfg thugs many from Mudug who are hiding behind the Ethiopian arsenal and secretly taking revenge on what they percieved as an enemy clan. Now isnt' that truth without being sugar coated?