Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Open Letter to Ahmed Ould Abdallah, the UN Special Envoy to Somalia

^^Maad daysid Castro markuu apologise gareeyo baan ugu jeclahaye'e!

Sophistow, as the somali terse says, Minjo dhooqo, midba marbaa la saaraa. Given where we somalis are now, Ahmed Walad's efforts are all we have to work with. Even Geelle of Jabbuuti, a man I have never doubted his somaliness, said the same thing. Adeer cuquushii soomaali lahayd waa soo hijrootay, way idinkaa kan idinkugu sokkeeyaa London joogo! Castro & Baashi caruurtooday ku korsadaan Westiga. al yacni dadkii fekeri lahaa ee mushkiladan wax ka xallin lahaa meel u dhow ooy wax ka beddeli karaan ma joogaan. I for one have promised to my Allah that I will work for peaceful settlement in somalia---saas bay iigu badisaa, and suspect most people would say the same.

Take the Jabbuut agreement as the proverbial masalle ey! And please never give up adeer...

Castro   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Mine I had hoped will let the Genie out of the bottle. I simply told him that it was
easy to make peace with friends, but the challenge is making peace with your enemies as such it seems what has happened was simply the former rather than the later.
I followed with,
“What will become of the ‘real’ opposition, those whom large numbers of Somalis believe to be the real insurgency? Is your office going to reach out those influential actors within the Somalia or will it implement what many think to be Bush’s policy and that is to isolate the military wing of the opposition?

Xiin, what say you to this? :D

lol@Castro. Adeer, and i repeat, Minjo dhooqo, midba marbaa lasaara . Haddaadan fahmi karin please qoftii kartida badnayd ee reer Zeylac weydii :D .

A & T, Xadriyo xamid eebe kaama ahee,

Xinkay baad usoo xam leedahay.

Weligaa nimaad kheyr u salaantay lama arag.

Sophist   

Generale, I hope all is well. I have tried to make contact but to no avail. Send me your number old boy- pm.

Xiin, I am very aware of that old chap. What we need is a concerted effort from those fortunes had favoured to get together and indeed work towards ending this hideous cycle.

As I said, this is the beginning of what is an exigent journey towards lasting peace. But we cannot genuinely ignore facts on the ground if what we want is the rebirth of our nation. To ignore the problem is to prolong it. All parties involved have to sit with individuals that they may detest; they have to look at what is at stake here.

Coming back the point you have raised about thinkers. Yesterday, there was a chap whose name I am sure many are familiar with. This chap introduced himself as a Secretary of some sort within the opposition group—those who have signed the agreement. He then continued to ask a question that sought the clarification of THAT CLAUSE; … Sufficient number. His question was who determines this number?

I thought about this guy’s predicament. He is a member of the ARS executive committee and he is seeking a clarification of that obscure clause; one he either had signed himself of his colleagues. If I was Ahmedou, my response would have been “ old chap, you are an official of the ARS; your job is to convince your public about the validity of this agreement”. Here is a man who is member of the exec committee of the ARS seeking clarification of that clause!! What is wrong with this picture chaps?

Ahmedou spoke about in-experience of the ARS negotiating group! I don’t think he was condescending, he seemed genuinely concerned.

Dearth of leadership!! Aloow noo gargaar.

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

lol@Castro. Adeer, and i repeat,
Minjo dhooqo, midba marbaa lasaara
. Haddaadan fahmi karin please qoftii kartida badnayd ee reer Zeylac weydii
:D

Too sophisticated a maah maah for a Buulo Xuubeyan like myself, you charge?

Juje   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Ahmedou spoke about in-experience of the ARS negotiating group! I don’t think he was condescending, he seemed genuinely concerned.

Dearth of leadership!! Aloow noo gargaar.

Abdirahman Abdi-Shakur sprints to mind.. :D:D

Castro, all it says (if you pardon the rough translation) is when you are a knee deep in mud, striding at a normal pace is not an option.

Inclusiveness is what we all prefer, especially when restoring stability in Somalia hinges on it. But we know better adeer. That was not a realistic goal given US's position on the matter. Labo kala daran mid dooro bay hayd adeer.

Sophist,

Crisis of leadership it is! In every category. Facts are facts adeer. Among the painful facts are US involvement and Ethiopian presence. Somalis must find a way to deal those two things in a gradual manner...

AYOUB   

^^ "Government" and "Islam" have used by some nomads to further clannish ambitions, looks like "peace" is going to be the next tool. smile.gif

Baashi   

Therefore,
everything
must be done to reach out to all those opposition groups, particularly the military arm of the ARS whose influence cannot be ignored.

Name one reasonable and practical thing that should be done in order to bring them to the peace process dirrin?

Sophist awoowe think through on this one.