Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2005/06 Premiership Thread

nuune   

^^^ lool Soma, that was da best of you about Liverpool, classic.

but you will see sxb, I now Chelsick is doing well, but again we are not sitting there watching the Blausis going up smile.gif , nope, the catching business is there to stay!

N.O.R.F   

Soma

Liverpool are now on the Piccadilly line (delay at Kings Cross) when we reach Green Park we will run across the platform and jump on the Victoria :cool:

All you people who thought and said that Theirry Henry was leaving, feast your ugly eyes on this!!

Thierry Henry has drawn a line under speculation about his future by declaring he has no intention of leaving Arsenal, amid talk that he had already spoken to Barcelona.

Both Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and the Catalan giants have since denied these claims, but it is the words of Henry which will have the most resonance in the issue.

With just 18 months of his current deal left there had been widespread reports that this season could prove to the Frenchman's last in North London.

However, the brilliant forward has always stated his love for both the club and life in the capital and is now eager to permanently put any talk of his departure to bed.

"The truth is I love this club and I have made up my mind to stay," Henry told The Sun newspaper.

"I can say to all my fans and the people who care about me, I want to lead the team out in the new stadium (next season).

''I'll talk to (manager) Arsene Wenger, to (vice-chairman) David Dein and the board and talk of the future.

"My mind is to stay and we have to sort this out. There was a lot of ridiculous speculation. But the truth is this, I never spoke with or met with a single person from any other club at any time.

"This will put an end to all the stories. We can move on."

Source"]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=351123&cpid=8&CLID=3&lid=&title=Henry:+I'm+staying+at+Arsenal&channel=premiership]Source[/url][/url]

Arsene Wenger's response:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has taken a swipe at the snipers who doubted Thierry Henry's commitment to the Gunners.

The Highbury boss believes Henry's off-colour performances were being over-analysed due to his contract situation and the interest from Barcelona.

Wenger said: "Jens Lehmann only has six months to go. Nobody questions his commitment. Robert Pires only has six months to go but nobody questions his commitment. So why should Thierry's commitment be questioned?

"I feel to question Thierry's attitude towards the club, or his honesty, is unfair."

Wenger maintained Barcelona did not tap up Henry despite claims in Spain.

He said: "Thierry Henry is straight and honest. He would never do that behind our back. We have to respect. When we are ready, when he is ready, a decision will be made.

"When you are about to be 29 it is your last contract and you wonder 'What do I do now?' You have to accept that.

"What you want from your players is that once they are committed they really believe it. Inside of them, they want to be part of it."

SoMa_InC   

Liverpool are now on the Piccadilly line (delay at Kings Cross) when we reach Green Park we will run across the platform and jump on the Victoria

lol.

By the time you catch the Victoria line, we are already at the last destination (stop). But don't worry am sure you'll reach there before Man Utd and Arsenal.

187 I heard Viera will be back on summer time, is that true? I think Arsenal management should hit their pockets and splash some cash to buy players if they are to compete with the likes of Chelsea. Henry only wont save you from the sinking ship! Don't get me wrong, he is a class player but football is not about one player, its a team thing.

^^Apparently Arsenal have made an offer for this dude called Diaby and that has prompted Chelsea to consider making an offer. Of all the money they have, they certainly can not match our scouting abilities. We went for Reyes, Abramovich tried to get him too, Hleb was brought in after making a choice between Chelsea and Arsenal. BUt chelsea did succeed for Essien, although wenger doesn't like players with big money tags and are rated beyond value.

187 I heard Viera will be back on summer time, is that true? I think Arsenal management should hit their pockets and splash some cash to buy players if they are to compete with the likes of Chelsea. Henry only wont save you from the sinking ship! Don't get me wrong, he is a class player but football is not about one player, its a team thing.

Well, money has always been available to Wenger, recently some crazy money too. The reason why he is doing this "thing" with young players is that he thought, in 2001, when the club decided to build a new stadium, his money would run out for transfers. But that has not been case, so what does he do now? Does he tell the young players sit back im gonna bring in older more experienced players. No, he saw something in those youngsters that we didn't. It is always reassuring for big players to have other big players around them, thats wat every club tries to do. But, every big player had a time when he was not so big!

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger vowed to match Thierry Henry's ambition of making the North London one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The Highbury boss was responding to Henry's declaration that he intends to stay with The Gunners after being strongly linked with a summer move to Spanish giants Barcelona.

Wenger intends to continue the club's tradition of developing players with the help of club captain Henry, as Arsenal prepare to move to their new stadium next season.

Speaking after their 2-1 FA Cup third round success over Championship side Cardiff City, Wenger outlined he will look to build his side in the right way.

"The ball is in our court," Wenger said. "But we will invest in the areas where we feel that we need someone.

"It's a question of trust to the club, the staff and towards the ambition of the club. We want to be the best club in the world.

"I'm confident we can do that, but as a manager you don't always have to look outside the club, but to take the maximum out of what you already have.

"I feel we have great players here, if we manage to develop them well.

"It's always reassuring for big players to have other big players around them. But every big player did not have a big name before he was a big player.

"Many of the players here have made the biggest part of their name here. That's always been our target.

Wenger declared the club will try their best to make sure Henry receives the contract he is looking for.

"The biggest part was for him (Henry) to decide to stay, but the next part is for us to sit down with him and try to find out for how long and for how much!" Wenger added.

"We will try, like always, to spend the money we can afford to spend. But of course, we want him to stay here.

"This is good news for the club, the fans and for the team. You are always concerned when you have a world-class player that he might be attracted to go somewhere else.

"But if you look back, nearly all of the players decided to stay at this club because they love the club, the way we play and the way we behave on a daily basis and for the ambition and success we have."

^^Confused dudes!!!

At the moment I'm contemplating whether or not to air out my real view on each and every Arsenal player. I shall probably do that evry soon so dnt hold your breath Soma.

Anyway that game was just abut damage limitation, we were never going to win anyway. At Highbury it shall be a different story. It was just good for their fans to win that game and Paul Jewell said himself that Arsenal B team are favourites to go through.

Oz   

Soma..Arsenal are just having there Ups and downs..So give them a break for now..we hope the GUNNERS to come back on there Good form !!

Oz   

GUNNERS ..Thrashed middlesborouge 7/Nil..what a game that was for Arsenal...Superb win..henri had his hat trick .

Aresne wenger said->

We could have scored more. I feel we played well and we made it easy. I think the team, for a while now, is getting better and better. We need that kind of performance to find complete belief again. When you play our game, with our mind completely on the way we want to play, we can score goals again, and that is very important. We have to transfer that now to week-in week-out and be consistent again like we have been."

Arsenal bought two fresh players from france (Adebayo & dayib)and that will boost there performance at the PL & CL..i think Aresenal are now the team to beat at the CL ...

Liverbull escaped with a 1 / nil kewel saved tha day .

The biggest shock was Man City against Man U ..hahaha ..Poor Sir alex ..they were out played ..and completely lost the game 3/1 final score ..am loving it..Ronaldo a red card :cool:

The miracle recovery never became anything more than highly unlikely, and it was left to Fowler to administer the last rites on any vestige of a United title challenge.

The race is not over yet

Soma ..Lol..Blues are playing tomorrow against Sunderland Mc-carthy Yapping we gonna stop the league leaders (champions) ..Lol ..dream on ... Soma Looks like i took the job since your not Reliable ,,kiddin !!

Goooooooooooo Blues ..

ABSOLUETLY MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more can I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-0 7-0 7-0

WinningEleven, change ur name to LosingTen(ronaldo sent off). I ll change my name to WinningSeven.

Oz   

^^^Lol...funny thing my friend is a Arsenal die hard fan, he didnt wear his Arsenal t,shirt for 6 months that night Arsenal was he first time he had his Arsenal t,shirt..i was Loughing all day making fan of him..Drought for 6 months haha...its good to see the former champions to get there feet back on track...

Chelsea did what they could to deserve the 3 points with a 2/1 win over Mr'carthy boyz..robben sent off b/c of celebrating his goal...back on top 16 points..

Jafarel.   

Soma..Arsenal are just having there Ups and downs..So give them a break for now..we hope the GUNNERS to come back on there Good form !!

Words of a true sportsman. Wish Mourinho was more like you......

Oz   

Soma..its Lozt, had to change those Levis.. thanks for the wlc Sxb..Appreciated