Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2006 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

What a prediction you got right there. You expect your team to draw at home? So please enlighten me with the prediction of the return leg.

Well well...

Unlike your team, we were smart enough to finish top of our group and deservedly so and named best team of the group stages by uefa.com. So therefore the first leg is in Madrid.

The second leg will finish 6-1... ;);)

North, we have no option but to pack the midfield, Henry is the only striker available. Ade is cup-tied and RVP is injured. I doubt Reyes will be used as a striker. Wonderkid Theo Walcott is the only other known striker in there, but he played on the right wing for both of the reserves games he played. The defence will be the same as the trip to Anfield. I hear Ashley could have made his comeback but since the last time he was risked he got injured again, Sensibly wenger decides to rest him.

nuune   

Mohamed Sosoko's injury put Liverpool down tonight, but it should have been draw at least, anyway, we will get Benfica in Anfield in 2 weeks time, this time, no mercy :mad:

Kudos to Arsenal for beating Madrid,

What a performance!!!!!!!

First English team to beat Real at the Bernabeu!!!

9 times winners beaten by a side who have never reached the last four!!!!!

5 Galacticos V 1 Gunner (ITV1 build up)

"Have Real got the right shirt on" - Peter Drury

Lets hear the responses because I am speechless.

Intel   

Originally posted by The_Notorious_187:

What a way of shutting up critics.

i'm afraid it won't, expect them to pull out the usual lame excuses, (how poorly the current Madrid team is playing etc) downplaying the Gunner's clinical performance.. Henry's goal was top shelf. Eboue, Fabregas worth mentioning also

SoMa_InC   

Let the truth be told; Arsenal deserved their to win that match and they should have scored at least two more goals.

They had a team spirit, passed the ball well and dominated the match. They looked like they were the home team. Well done to them but still their place in the next round is not yet guaranteed, so Mr 187, calm down :D

Glad to see Liverpool lost. Their Manager was going out like they were going to retain the cup, Ohhh Please!!

True, Arsenal deservedly won. But lets keep some perspective here. They played crap team in their worst condition in recent memory, not a CL contender... who, if you recall, were humbled and schooled by R. Zaragoza 6-1!!

i'm afraid it won't, expect them to pull out the usual lame excuses, (how poorly the current Madrid team is playing etc) downplaying the Gunner's clinical performance.. Henry's goal was top shelf. Eboue, Fabregas worth mentioning also

Yeh true and Ill show you first hand evidence.

True, Arsenal deservedly won. But lets keep some perspective here. They played crap team in their worst condition in recent memory, not a CL contender... who, if you recall, were humbled and schooled by R. Zaragoza 6-1!!

Soma, who is gonna tell you to calm down if chelsea beat barca 3-0 2morrow, a firetruck wouldn't be able to stop if it hit you on the face. However it is true to for the players to keep their feet on the ground as Henry sensibly mentioned that the game is not over. We did the hard part and I hope for a strong finish. We will have back several players like, Ashely Cole - Robin van Persie - Campbell.

I see you're little jarred but the truth must be told. I scripted that post with kids gloves on. DO you want me to take them off now? Don't push me! I'm warning you!

The matter of the fact is while Arsenal fully deserved the win, their performance was at best average and they team they defeated wasn't up to snuff. I understand this takes off some of the luster from their performance and the conviviality you're reveling ATM but that aint my problem is it? :D I'm giving you non-biased opinion and assesment of the game.