Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2006 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Oz   

Clearly the PL looks clear the champions are on there way to triumph after Liverbull drew at Reebok stadium..they were held to a 2/2 draw which was not a good result for them while Man U and Arsenal are playing tonight..what a game its gonna be..can't wait to watch that game since am still on my holidays...

Chelsea now 58 points just confortable seating there at the top they seem not to have a handbrake keep winning ..Liverbull 2 games in hand if they win both games still its 11 points against the champions so do Man U 11 points woooooooow......i can see the trophy remaining at Stanford bridge ..

Chelsea vs barceeeeee should be an entertaining match to watch mourinho should do what he did last year counter attacks more counter not letting barca play there game ...I rest my case..

Viva blue boyz..

SoMa_InC   

Sxb, I'll tell it as it is. People don't hate Chelsea because they are good, they hate them because of their arrogant manager. Ajax 1995 and Real Madrid 2000-2002 have been amazing teams who won a lot but people didn't hate them. Barca is flying at the moment and even the Madrid supporters were applauding them. Why? Unlike Chelsea (or shall I say Mourinho in particular) they are humble when they win and are not sore losers.

Viking, Sxb, are you saying that people hate Chelsea because of Magic Mourinho? If that is the case, I think they all are wrong. Will they ''like'' or should I say ''stop'' hating Chelsea if Mourinho was to be sacked?

I think this so-called commentators should stop hating and start appreciating and thereafter congratulating Chelsea FC

Viking   

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

Viking, Sxb, are you saying that people hate Chelsea because of Magic Mourinho? If that is the case, I think they all are wrong. Will they ''like'' or should I say ''stop'' hating Chelsea if Mourinho was to be sacked?

I think this so-called commentators should stop hating and start appreciating and thereafter congratulating Chelsea FC

SoMa_InC,

People didn't hate Chelsea when Gullit, Vialli and Ranieri coached them. You could argue that they weren't as successful and that people hate Mourinho because he has improved them. I don't think people would hate Chelsea as much if they were coached by Capello, Hitzfield, Sacchi, Lippi, Benitez etc. These are coaches that are likeable and respect others, despite being successful, they are respected and liked by their opponents.

Other teams do find it frustrating to chase a team that has such a lead and usually speak out of frustration, like Wenger often does. But the facts remains that Mourinho is very arrogant and a sore loser, this might not matter to Chelsea fans like you but others find it a bit disturbing.

I don't agree with Maalqabeen who says they are hated because "they don't deserve to win". I think they do deserve their victories most of the time and the thing with big successful clubs is that they win even when they play badly.

I admire the work Mourinho has done at Chelsea and I think together with Benitez they are the best coaches in the PL.

N.O.R.F   

Viking, if ever there is a Somali Newspaper (in English) i suggest you head the football section.

I hate Mourinho, the guy is obsessed with make comments left right and centre. Its actually got to the point when people have become bored.

N.O.R.F   

Jose seams obsessed with Lpool

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has claimed Liverpool are just a one trick pony as all they can do is defend.

The Reds recently kept an impressive 10 consecutive clean sheets in The Premiership prior to conceding against Everton, but it is not their ability to protect their goal that has the Portuguese tactician flustered

Mourinho believes it is difficult to hit the back of the net against teams utilising Liverpool's style and that you have to out-think your opponents rather than playing with your heart.

"In fact they defend very well," explained Mourinho, "But they offer nothing else other than that.

"It is very difficult to score goals when you take on a team playing with that style.

"If you are playing that sort of team you have to do it with your head. You have to take your heart out and place it to one side.

"If you play with your heart it is practically impossible to get past their defence.

"And by playing that way, they create a good number of chances and get at you on the counter-attack."

Liverpool will have the chance to exact revenge for their 4-1 thumping by The Blues at Anfield when they travel to Chelsea on February 5, live on Sky Sports 1.

I really hope we beat them on Feb 5th, that will be a good boost for us.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Sxb did you forget that Chelsea trashed Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield this season? Am sure it will be extremely hard for you lot to beat us at the Bridge. Remember this aint Champions League, where you lot seem to have luck! :D

nuune   

^^^ Soma, now you totally admitted that the CL is for Liverpool, that is superb, good to hear, one way or another, your team might be doing well in the premieship and we are the super hand in CL as you put it(the luck bit u said), but keep in mind that it is Liverpool who will block your team from winning the Premiership title!!

We shall do what Barcelona did a coupla seasons ago. Completely sh!t in the league yet going well in the CL. No doubt this will be the year the Arsenal has good chance of winning it since Chelsea have run away with the league title again.

AS I said, Barca were complete rubbish at the time, look at them now. We will aim to do the same as them, I hope. It will all pretty much depend o whether or not Monsieur Wenger buys really really good and hopefully a lot!!

What is happening to this thread??

People not interested in the Champions League??

I had to dig it up from Page 2!!

My predictions

Arsenal 2 - 2 R.Madrid

L'pool 2 - 1 Benfica

Who else is playing on Tuesday?

SoMa_InC   

^^^

What a prediction you got right there. You expect your team to draw at home? So please enlighten me with the prediction of the return leg.

N.O.R.F   

For once i'm routing for the Gunners. I really that they dont try to go 'toe to toe' with Real because they will just be taken apart. They need to slow the game down, pack the midfield, waste time and try to nick a goal.

As for LFC, i do not do predictions.