Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2006 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

nuune   

^^^ U don't have to be dat bad on prediction mate, 5 kulahaa, maxaad tooganeysaa, ma shinbiraad shiisheysaa waaxey shantu smile.gif

It is Barc's ball, anyone can tell, how can a sane person put the two teams together, it is Barca's game, and they will win it easily, very smoothly and neatly controlled.

u won't expect a team that was humiliated by Liverpool last season to get some mercy from the giant Spaniards

nuune   

Chealsick 1 Barcelona 2

Now, as I said in my previous post, the two teams cannot be even compared, a world class Barca and a mini team like Chelsick.

look even the ball possesion and the great tactics being played by Barca, how on earth chelsick expect to win a game with that kind of performance, very shamble indeed

Chelsick were lucky to get an early goal from unfair free kick, it resulted an own goal anyway.

Not to mention that Mourinho suggested the playground should not be cleaned, because he thought he will get some kind of chance, and Braca wouldnt adopt the wet ground yet very dirty stadium, shame on you

N.O.R.F   

^^LOL, a bit harsh Nuune

Good game, i never expected a red card, i was waiting for a yellow then out came the red,lol, but i was glad, remeber Robben when he got Reina sent off? what goes around comes around, but the tie is still open. Dinho started to play after 60 mins and made the difference.

Intel   

i think Larson’s substitution worked well for Rijkaard, he added an extra spark up front that was missing in the 1st half, Very underrated player, i always enjoy watching him play.

i reckon this fixture is alive and well, first goal at Camp Nou is vital

WingA   

a lesson learned by chelsea and they need to be alot better.. was following it on the net but am not working on the return leg..hehe.. cant wait.. 100,000 + ppl in the Nou Camp.. chelsea who??

my hat goes off to Henry!!

Oz   

Nuune haha..hating on chelsea's achievement..

back to the game Barca played well after the red card del horno being sent off..(diffinately was a yellow) it was badly timed foul but didnt deserve a Red card Messi rolled to the ground as if he had been murdered :D 60 minutes without a man and the game is completely different especially against barcaa, Nou-Camp will see what happens ..

PS: may the best team win the championship either chelsea or barca ..

Jafarel.   

didnt deserve a Red card Messi rolled to the ground as if he had been murdered

Thinker sxb,

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones right?..

Reina (Liverpool) Vs Robben....(How theatrical was that???....nothing compared to lil Messi's)

For the Neutral like me, it means the return will be a feast. Chealski will have to attack ..remember they have to score at least twice .. gibing the Master of ball freedom to roam ... damn how times change so quickly .. b4 Roman's money i was rooting for chealsea.. remember the quaters of '02 i think .. i was chelsea and now ..well more Barca ...

overall is the Itialians that will control the CL this year ..

Urban   

we ALL know who's gonna win the CL this season...

ladies and gentlemen, i am extremely honoured to introduce you to 'The Old Lady' of the italian game...the one, the only, the greatest... JUVENTUS F.C

the death squad...

squad6zs.jpg

60 min with 10 men and playing against a team like Barca, man you gotta give chelsea credit for that. However, what I dont understand is the attitude of Murinho. He is so stu.pid that he doesn't know how to shut his BIG mouth up. This guy is a joke to the sport. I know his quality and tactics when it comes to managing a team, but he always creates problems for himself. Controversy after another controversy.

Look at this comment made on Messi by Jose M.:

Jose quote:

.."Can Messi be suspended for acting? Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy has learned very well.
He's learned play-acting
."

Stu.pid comment. As a chelsea fun I am stunned by his careless and silly remarks!

am.

Viking   

It is amazing how the strongest, most consistant and most dominant team in England looks so weak playing against a continental team :eek:

Last year at the Bridge, Barca had 66% possession and Chelsea got through with a controversial goal (for those who didn't see, Carvalho was holding the Barca keeper). I have respect for Chelsea and happy for their success, but they are far inferior to the likes of Barca when it comes to class, skills and creativity.

The return leg in a fortnight will most probably be a walk in the park for Barca. Chelsea need to score two goals (and make sure Barca don't score) to go through. If Chelsea attack, they will be vulnerable to the counter-attack of Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi - one cannot find a more talented trio anywhere in the world.

AC Milan is the first team to get anything at Bayern Munich's spectacular Allianz arena (until this week, Bayern were enjoying a 15 game winning streak which includes a win over Juve in the group stage).

The teams I think will go through are...

Barca

Juve

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Villareal

L'pool

Arsenal

Lyon

I have three Italian teams in the quarters, this is because Juve are very strong at home (1-0 is enough for them and they are the best at getting that score) and AC Milan and Internazionale go through with a 0-0 scoreline.

L'pool, Villareal, Arsenal and Lyon are also very strong at home, I think they will make it through to the quarters. Any predictions for the last 8?

Mourinho is such a hypocrite! He is repeatedly criticising Messi for theatrics and said nothing when Robben - after being touched on the face by Reina - dived as if he was hit by an express train. Northerner is right, what goes around, indeed comes around. Plus, there is no team that had more 'th