Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2006 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

SoMa_InC   

Brixton is aight bruv, life is good Alhamdullilah!

Wednesay's results are:

Anderlecht 0 - 2 Chelsea

Porto 1 - 1 Rangers

Fenerbahce 0 - 4 Milan

Inter 4 - 0 Artmedia

Liverpool 0 - 0 Real Betis

Real Madrid 1 - 1 Lyon

Rosenborg BK 1 - 1 Olympiakos

Schalke 3 - 0 PSV

Most of the games were boring, but Lyon Vs Real Madrid one was off the hook. What a game it was. I think Lyon will go far even though I dispise Gerrald Houllier.

nuune   

I think Lyon will go far even though I dispise
Gerrald Houllier

Soma, Come'on Brother, you can't despise Gerrald Houlier,

he is no longer Liverpool Manager smile.gif

So Pool qualified, and the Chelsik Blauses, I feel sorry for United, they keep shrinking, but will they make it, I doubt it!

N.O.R.F   

What a nail biting end to the Lpool game, we should have been at least 3 or 4 goals up but Crouch is simply not a CL player, we sell Baros and get Crouch. That is simply not logical no matter how much Rafa tries to justify it. Looks like all the top teams are through, the next round will be interesting.

NGONGE   

^^^Crouch was man of the match, saaxib. His one of Liverpool’s best buys in the past five years. His goal drought is going to end soon, I’m sure.

The real problem with Liverpool is that all the strikers have hit a barren patch at the same time. Plus, there is no Michael Owen in the side and Cisse is a very bad imitation of Baros.

Crouch has been impressive every time I watched him (well, apart from that missed penalty). He’s got a very good first touch and his awareness is not bad. Even if he does not score, he still causes opposition defenders untold problems. Now if only we had a Defoe or Owen playing alongside him!

Rafa is really not much different to Houlier. The only difference is that with Rafa (so far) the plan is coming off and things are working. Houllier won hat triple and then became pointless with his tactics.

Both guys want to play very defensively and rely on the counter attack. Both wanted to play with wingers and tall strikers (remember Hesky?). Both try to stifle the midfield. The only difference is that Rafa always had better players in his teams (oh how desperately do Liverpool need an Aimar right now).

N.O.R.F   

I would disagree saxib. I think Rafa will be judged on this one. Hes a great manager but this Crouch is a lemon. He has a 'nice' touch for a tall fella but thats all. Baros was a million times a better striker, faster, stronger and scored a fair few also. Do you notice Crouch goes to the ground too much? another Heskey? We really need Owen/Defoe and not Cisse.

Rafas tactics is for attacking football compared to Houlier. Zabi Alonso will prove to be the best buy for him. When Simoa finally arrives things will get better but Gerrard neeed to be playing in the middle.

^^^You're abusing your MOD privileges. Some1 oughta put an end to this...now you resort to posting the Kop insignia. Shows how little good things you got to say about them. What is there to say but they suk biiiiiiiiiig tiiiiiiiiiime! redface.gif

SB's prediction: Chelsea 5 - Liverpool 0

N.O.R.F   

^^lol great prediction

ps great atmosphere last night almost 100% of it was due to the Liverpool fans, great fans Chelsea have :D

N.O.R.F   

^^ i would be careful if i was you, u still need to beat Benfica tonight.

That Michael Essien did a very bad tackle (some would say cowardly) on Didi Hamann. I have been reading the Liverpool threads on the BBC and came across this very odd assessment >> Link

nuune   

United are OUT of the Champions League, and they are OUT of the UEFA Cup too, what a HUMILIATION, DISASTER, the team is shrinking completely, I feel sorry for them, well at some stage!

Always the best team wins, and they were not the best, remember, they only won one game in six, terrible I tell ye smile.gif

PS: I was delighted that we finished at the top of the group and Chelsick second, though we should have scored many goals against them, we were only thinking of the premiership and didn't put much weight to score goals smile.gif

SoMa_InC   

MAN UTD OUT.....MAN UTD OUT.....MAN UTD OUT.....

What a game, what a first half performance with the best five of their players not available, Benfica deserved the win!!!

Time for Arsenal to follow them!

N.O.R.F   

^^be careful, i hope Chelsea get Barcelona again, now that would be a great game and a chance for Barca to put right last years fiasco.

Chelsea will draw one of the following:

Juve, Barca, Milan, Villareal, Inter or Lyon

Liverpool and Arsenal will get the following teams:

Bayern, Ajax (not Arsenal), Werder Bremen, Benfica, PSV or Real Madrid

I'm personally hoping for Werder Bremen :D

SoMa_InC   

Sxb how you doing? Hope you still breathing!

Ac Milan, Barca or whatever team...I say bring it on! Chelsea is a bigger and better club than all this over-rated teams.