xiinfaniin

AU Road Map for Peace in Somalia

Nephissa   

Ok so everybody please calm down before I start quoting Rodney King. LOL

Originally posted by Baashi:

Nephthys and Me,

In General Section that topic might be
kastuumo
-related, teenage heartaches, I used to listen this tune and that beat back in the days, troll for the heck of it, I-am-bored-fellas variety and what have you. Pick ur choice and fire away to your heart's content. You all need to chill.

In politics section it is hardball. This xaafad reported this bit today and all the tailgaters who pile on the xaafad that's reporting the news instead of the news itself. It is expected. No big deal.

Awoowe macaane, I'd definately like to see more kastuumo topics, and read the lighthearted-comments than the same broken record ones "dirrin, niicle, doc-ka-yeer, dhoocil, and the false advertising.."

carry on..

Baashi   

I'm sure kastuumo-related stuff is very appealing to some corners. Stay away from the broken record stuff. It may damage ur ears dhuubo.

Originally posted by Baashi:

We don't wanna go down that route again Che, do we? I guess no. Let it be friend.

I'm not really sure what you are talking about, but if you wanna me to let you off hook, then I'm out.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Xiin...For sake of clarity, what does the TFG represents to you as entity and as it regards to the current conlfict. It is my contention that TFG can't exist without the Ethiopian muscle. And it is no secret the TFG only answers the wishes of Mr Zenawi and hardly to the need of the larger public.

First get this:

On the political level , there are three components in the current Somali divide in my mind.

1- TFG and its supporters--- i.e. Puntland and some parts of the south.

2- Courts and its supporters

3- Secessionists and those who support it (yes I believe in a holistic approach instead of let-the-south-get-its-acts-together-first nonsense)

To get Somalia back on its feet again, some sort of understanding and political arrangements must be made between those political entities.

On the clan level , Somalis have grievances against each other--some grievances go back to the inception of the republic itself. Others carry fresh wounds sustained during civil war years. The deeds of Barre regime are still raw in some parts of the country and continue to shape the political outlook of certain communities. Reconciliation and justice are needed to remedy those rifts.

When you confronted with those stubborn facts, I don’t know why you wanna go off on a tangent and describe how you feel about the tfg. Adeer how you or I for that matter feel about tfg is irrelevant. If you insist though I despise it primarily because it gave (yes it’s policies did) Ethiopia a political and military advantage she never dreamt to have. But as I said that’s irrelevant. The fact that it’s part of the conflict is pertinent to the issue we are discussing. I believe great majority of the North Eastern people, significant numbers in the North, and big parts in the SOUTH make up the tfg constituencies. If we were only discussing the role of warlords your stance would have made sense.

Now I gather that you believe that Ethiopia is fighting Somalis and those who are in her column are negligible variables. You don’t buy the argument that it’s Somalis that are sat against each other (forget who is right or wrong for a moment). That’s pretty, and respectable position to take. I however beg to differ for the reasons I delineated above. Ethiopia is only doing what any great country would do to its existential enemy in its weakest moment. Our weakness though is ours to own. And taking the position you took you buried your head in the sand one inch deeper. You see you are living in a compromised life here in the US (I am too). Yet you oppose, with a great passion, any impression of compromise between warring sides in back home. Why is that? What is this zero sum game mentality brother? At a minimum don’t you agree those who are dying in Xamar from both sides are Somalis, and hardly do the qotti boys get smacked in a manner that produces the rate of casualties that would necessitate for them to rethink and withdraw from our capital.

No matter.

Gabbal   

By god, who would have thought the very term of "reconciliation" would become so unappealing! Then again, ought we not understand the use of any term as a form of empty political jargon does grave damage to its very nature?

Reconciliation or any form of dialogue shall become legitimate after the ending of this year when the mandate of the TFG has expired.

^^But again it retains its meaning by the sheer fact that your very query on its appeal rests on the grudges you hold agianst some nomads here!

That's a thought.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Reconciliation or any form of dialogue shall become legitimate after the ending of this year when the mandate of the TFG has expired.

^^Now this bit is much better, yaa Horn.

But what about haddey sii durugsadaan, and keep the token international legitamacy that sustains them as an entity?

Gabbal   

No, Xiin. You have done naught but engage in an ad hominem designed to mask the implication of the question.

As I have said before, the defendant does not get to decide the legitimacy of the crime.

Paragon   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Paragon, I am still confused brother. If you are saying that untill conditions are right NO to reconciliation then logical question would be who would make the conditions right? Do you honestly think Ethiopian withdrawal from Xamar is the ultimate goal in our struggle?

Confused? I doubt that, Xiin. I get the feeling that you want to be seen as such. One of the charades played in this thread. Now, read again what I wrote above in case you simply skimmed through the post.

However, on my part, the principle of calling for conditioned reconciliations, I admit, is to merely observe Nuur Cade’s future policy directions and hope, as it will it is bound to be eventually, that he and Yeey/Ethiopia/America will be at loggerheads. If what we have been reading lately is anything to go by, namely on Ethiopia’s pronounced unhappiness with his recent political moves, then the man might become another Sharif Xassan in the making. My hunch is that Nuur Cade and Yeey will at each other’s throats very soon, as soon as Yeey’s interim years to the TFG’s presidency comes to an end. Thus, for the time being, the man deserves my occasional commendation .

In a nutshell, no reconciliation intuu Yeey iyo waxa la hal maala Muqdisho joogaan.

^^That is much clearer now. It borders impossibility for all warlords to die at once and vanish, yaa Paragon. But considering age, and health Yey is the closest to meet his rabbi? What about if Yey dies now? Would you embrace the reconciliation then yaa Paragon? .

ElPunto   

^It is the same sort of doublespeak there Xiin. I'm all for peace but x, y and z has to be done before I even sit down. I think any sincere Somali wishing peace for the country has to sit with anyone and everyone regardless of how loathsome you may (justifiably) think they are.

On the rest of the thread - I'm not sure it's about just reconciliation or addressing grievances. That is certainly part of it. At the core of the problem for Somalia is the monopolization of power. Kursi, Kursi, Kursi - and once in you can never get them out. I think Somalia has to really concentrate on making the system a truly federal one and then bring the opposing groups together by letting them govern(where they have majority support) in various regions with government support and money. If the folks holed up in Asmara have something to offer in the various regions of Somalia where they have majority support - let them come and show what they've got. But if each side is about the control of a centralized government and the assets of the commercial capital of the country - then nothing can get done.

One thing to note - where regional administrations have been set up - the resulting failures or successes(precious few there) are owned by those administrations. A system like this removes the excuses that Somalis like to trot out for their particular failures - Amxaaro, Clan X, the Arabs, the wadaads.

At the end - I think this thread needs a lot more talk on power sharing(if such a thing is possible for Somalis) and its mechanics.

Xoogsade   

All these power sharing talk, negotiations, and sitting with the same crooks who are responsible for the mess, and who rejected peace in all their bloody career are honestly disgusting, and the same forumers who are now pushing for negotiations are the the same ones -with the exception of few - who were cheering for the ethiopians or declared to be in a neutral position to mask their obvious bias. Warkooda qiimo ma lahan.

Bottomline, No new lease for A/Y, Maxamed Dheere and Qeybdiid, The opposition should limp through this year inshallah and prepare a final assault on these warlords and on their organization.

People who call for negotiations with the TFG are either dishonest to the core knowing the fact that peace is impossible with no honest partner, or they are in deep despair to the point of losing their mental well being, in which case, their views are meaningless.