Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

AU Road Map for Peace in Somalia

Khalaf   

Baashi is like a prophet in dis joint....man you are put on a high pedestal by other contributors....watch your words sir...don't hurt peeps feelings now lol.

Paragon   

Xiinfiniin:

quote:

Originally posted by Isseh:

Following Nuur Cade’s current policy formulations, there is hope that he might create the right environment for reconciliations. If Nuur Cade takes the positive step of reducing, (and possibly) facilitates the total withdrawal of Ethiopian troops from Somalia, then and only then, could we say reconciliation’s time is due. For now, we wait on him to deliver the goods and until then, reconciliation will be on hold.

Paragon , notwithstanding with your prelude, you are indeed agreeing, perhaps unwittingly, with Baashi’s point.
Xiinfaniin, I am glad to see someone, unlike our friend Baashi, who exercises a certain amount of patience to read through posts to get to their end smile.gif . Lately, our friend is hasty on the draw with little to say at deliverance. Fair enough, one could say that a treatment of varying interpretations to my post may give differing meanings. If someone with a cool head reads and comprehends what I said, it may occur to them to understand that I consider the willingness of people to reconcile as a universal trait present in all of us. In a nutshell, the concept reconciliation process is simply what its names implies, and anyone with rudimentary knowledge of human nature and conflict resolution understands that.

Waxaan kugu tuhmay, misna siday noqotay :D !

Despite the above, if I allow myself to continue, what becomes a big problem, especially in this politics section, is when individuals, like Baashi, habitually advance the impression that the call to reconciliation is their compact political ideology, through which they could repeatedly remind us ‘oh, I am up for reconciliation and others are against it’ lol. Thus, albeit refraining from participating debates in this section, I could hardly help but opine an educational clarification in my short post above. The first three paragraphs of my post were on the universal willingness of all humans to hunger for reconciliation in times of exhausting conflicts, and I repeat again, there could be no agreement or disagreement on our need to reconcile, but willingness is all dependent on when rather than IF .

In the last paragraph, it is this IF function that I introduced as a variable for what the TERMS and CONDITIONS of reconciliation should be. I accommodate the thought, that some might perceive my comment on Nuur Cade’s future policy formations, as a tacit agreement with what Baashi might have previously propagated. But the stark difference between my stance and that of Baashi is this: I arrived at my position of commending Nuur Cade on the possible account of acceptable conditionality to our group, while our friend Baashi’s argument consists of thus: vindictive appeal (which is in nature fueled by unfortunate 90s tragedies) that rigidly and unconditionally, albeit attempts to cover this up, endorses the TFG/Ethiopia, ordering us forcibly to his mirage dirrin.

It appears as though his call for national reconciliations is intentioned to resettle old scores, such as the repossession of property and cities. However, on my part, the principle of calling for conditioned reconciliations, I admit, is to merely observe Nuur Cade’s future policy directions and hope, as it will it is bound to be eventually, that he and Yeey/Ethiopia/America will be at loggerheads. If what we have been reading lately is anything to go by, namely on Ethiopia’s pronounced unhappiness with his recent political moves, then the man might become another Sharif Xassan in the making. My hunch is that Nuur Cade and Yeey will at each other’s throats very soon, as soon as Yeey’s interim years to the TFG’s presidency comes to an end. Thus, for the time being, the man deserves my occasional commendation smile.gif .

Originally posted by Baashi:

Finally it comes no surprise to all who read your
cantrabaqash
with impartial glasses that you are ridiculing the losses of lives and properties the innocent civilians of Kismayo and Las Ano have sustained at the hands of militia. So much of I’m the only true and sincere Muslim on the board.

Your little jibes aside, Mr Baashi your call for reconcialation would carry more wiegh if you were actually honest with yourself and by extention with the rest of us. I like said to Xiin, it is not what you said that people are perplexed about, it is what you don't say. You would have liked us to believe you are somehow detached, have impartial few of things, and neutral to the warring factions in the former republic. And then you go around and make disparaging remarks about an entire group whom by your admission view as the ones that raped and brutilized your beloved Kismayo. Here is where gets interesting with you duqa. Instead acknowleding your personal grievances against " the "mauruading milities" from Caabudwaaq, you resort to name calling while calling for Somalis to iron under Geed Qurac. I know you are just one individual,but tribe constitute individuals, so face your personal demons, and engage the boys that control Kismayo rather than belitting them. And finally mind you, Somalis today are victims of circumstances.

Xiin.....You have lost faith my friend. There will be no reconcialation so long as Ethiopian boots are in our cities, and towns. I appreciate the severity of the Somali civil strife,but engaging with the TFG, an entity that makes no decision without first running it by Gen Gabre is futile to say the least. Though despite our serious divisions,and troubles, I do believe Somalis could overcome their disunity and fought for common goal. And this is where great men have to rise to the occassion. Obviously, none seem to be the horizon now, but throwing in the towel, and letting TFG letigimize the Ethio occupation is hardly the way to resolve our diffirences.

Baashi   

Morning jamaaca.

The case for reconciliation is very simple one. In some corners it is called conflict resolution. The process starts with having warring sides agree, in principle, to settle the dispute on a dirrin. From there on mediators push both sides to compromise and meet other side in the middle.

It is often the case that factions that think they can finish off other side resist the call. Weaker factions on their part resist negotiating. It is hardball after all. They want to go to dirrin and negotiate a deal from a position of strength. No brainer really!

Reconciliation is not a fancy word. It is a process. It is a difficult process. It addresses all grievances -- the sources of the very conflict of which folks are trying to end. Looted properties (farms and other real estates), towns, cities, provinces that changed hands during the conflict all these are addressed through this process.

Somalis are fighting for a reason. It might not make sense to you “civilized” people. But folks back home the stakes are so high they are willing to go to the extremes. Tribalism -- nay negative tribalism -- is a fact of life in that far away sand dunes we call home. Yeah yeah I know you are all progressive and clean and religious at heart. Nevertheless on ground zero it is do or die game.

This sh*t is in need of resolution -- one way or another. My man Kashafa knows what he is doing. His karate technique where the talkative young man pulls his cyber Green Beret ambushes on SOL usernames -- enemies of the state, enemies of Islam as he sees it -- is one option. Warmongers call for more blood letting in the name of nationalism is another option.

Al-Shabaab’s determined insurgency is also on the list. Old USC remnants’ coalition is part of the game. Other faction of old USC in alliance with Col. Yussuf and his Tigre mercenaries are digging their heels. All out war -- war of attrition at its best. Chicken-Hawk game unplugged!!!

The fight will go on. Folks will be displaced. Some crippled, others uprooted, qallanjooyin gang rapped. The resultant will be more grievances. Chasm will be widened. Other provinces of the country may be making progress but the fight for Benadir -- the national seat -- will go on. Secessionists will use that as raison d’etre for secession -- no partner to negotiate line.

At the end of the day no one wins. It may be the case that ten years from now this call for reconciliation will find a reception in the Kelligii Muslim and Warmongers camp -- in the cyber jungle.

Common boys you know what I’m talking about. Come on board (fully) and let’s transition the more interesting discussion of the “how “part -- the keyfiyah. What faction should make what compromises? What might constitute just resolution? What becomes of the leading warlords?

me   

All personal takes on the story aside I think sheekadu waxay maraysaa maxaa laysku raacaa, maxaaan isku haysanaa sheekadani wey dhaaftay. This ego thingy naga daaya, ma kala badinaysaan, wuxu waa hadal. Is weydiiya un waxaad isku raaci kartaan, ka bacdi aan ka hadalno waxa aad isku haysataaan and all that ironing. There is time for kaftan and fadhi ku dirir, but this is getting of control. Lets not waste this topic with personal vendettas. Kuwa aan ka hadlaayo wey is jaqaanaan.

Kibirka waa lagu kufaa saaxiibayaal.

^Fair enough, Mr me, I would like to see Somalia free of Ethio and with vailable state that works for its people. I will be more than willing to sit with anyone that shares that goal, and talk our diffirences while keeping our eyes on the goal.

Malika   

My question is what influence do any of you here have on the reality at ground? or is this the case of an empty vessel.......................................... smile.gif

Allah maxaa qayloo halkanii kadaqee xaleyto.. :D

^^This is educational good Dahia. There are people who hold positions that they cant defend.This gives them apportunity to eather learn how to defend what they believe or change it for a one that makes sense.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

I would like to see Somalia free of Ethio and with vailable state that works for its people. I will be more than willing to sit with anyone that shares that goal, and talk our diffirences while keeping our eyes on the goal.

^^That's a pregnant statement Che! And you know it. Once and for all, please look beyond who lost faith, who belongs to what group, and talk straight to the issue at hand. I mean who does not like to see Ethiopians out . Do you have some tuhun that some of us in this discussion are rooting for Ethios? Do you understand divided people like somalis are hardly share common goal? I mean seriously brother tuuji maxkaxdaada...

Paragon, I am still confused brother. If you are saying that untill conditions are right NO to reconciliation then logical question would be who would make the conditions right? Do you honestly think Ethiopian withdrawal from Xamar is the ultimate goal in our struggle?

Me, my man, kasoo qayb gal maansada adeer :D .

Nephissa   

Most people on both sides just want the Ethios out and to be over with. So blaming one another is a crappy way to solve the problem. You can go on for 9 more pages defending your positions, but it wouldn't get us any further. Peace will not happen, as long as the average Somali think like Kashafa and the the TFG appologists feel threatened [which may be very hard to change. It is a very complex issue that I feel borderlines on serious paranoia and sometimes overreaction caused by the harsh traumas of what happened in 1991] Which leads to the logical conclusion that they're ALL full of crap. You can't ONLY blame on the resistance group and you can't expect Ethiopia to miracolously slip into a comma and roll out of Somalia. The ultimatum must be found through a peaceful way, and while they're all so much full of crap, that won't happen..

Xiin...It seems to me some here and to lesser extent you want to give Yeey and his warlord goverment a way out so they could save some face. It also seems to me a rather naive thing to believe that TFG would actually sit with the oppisition so it could bring Somalia into the lasting peace. How could the very entity filled with the men that held Somalia hostage for the last seventeen years,and most whom are beholden to Ethiopia would actually lay the groundwork for any genuine reconcialation.

There are three things that makes the TFG unlikely patner in any viable negotiations.

1.Majority of the TFG represent their clan only in name,and hardly represent their people's interest.

2.Ethiopia wants to be at the front and centre of any process. It is unlikely that TFG could make any independent decisions. One has to have control over their own affairs before they could bargain with anyone.

3. There is no venue to hold any such talks as Ethoipia has grip on Somalia from Hargeysa to Baydhabo.

And before, you start talking the serious divisions within us and the Qabiil grievances, I do get that very well. I have been kicked out my home by USC, and there is no love lost between and the misguided USC rebels. That said, I'm not going to hold on the past and ignore the grave danger that faces us today. I believe it is my absolute interest to support my brothers in Mogadisho,and to do everything humanly possible to kick the Ethios. In my view, it is more dangerous to entertain th idea of negotiating with Zenawi than it is to make peace with Mogadisho and join in the fight. Nothing could come out of sitting the sidelines, and watch Mogadisho burn. They were plenty leaders from every region that can and motivate their to abondon warlords and joined unified effort.

^^Xiin's call for reconciliation is akin to giving 'Yeey and his warlord goverment a way out so they could save some face' :D ! So says brother Che.

^^That's a start though. Adeer Yey and his warlord goverment are part of the conflict. They have followers, international and regional support! If one is serious in resolving somali conflict through reconciliation, one must be practical in the way he or she formulates his/her argument.

Old habits die hard adeer, and it seems you are at it again ---addressing what it's not said rather what it's said. You tempted me there, but i restrain...

Your position though is very clear this time around; you are for continuining the fight until Ethiopia withdraws. Reconciliation is secondry thing in your book. TFG has no influence in the country and as soos as it gest kickted out, things will fall in place in a orderly fashion. I hear you loud and clear yaa Che!

Bishaaro, has a point!

Baashi   

Cabdulle: Qux qux qaaaax cough ahem

Waris: Shiffo shiffo

Cambaro: Naa Wariseey Cabdulle shiffo lagala quusay!

Got it Xiin. Awoowe axadkaa halkaa uga har. He has yet to grasp the depth of Somali conflict! The art of Doc-ka-yeer is the subject he really exels. Reading his not-so-coherent writeup I see the line 'I'm fine young man who does not harbor clannish sentiment against any other tribe'. He's trying to nail that bit on his forehead.

What you oughta do is praise the simpleton for being so civilized and let him be.

Baashi   

Nephthys and Me,

The very function of any given forum is sheeko, exchanges (sometimes useful -- tech forums for instance and sometimes not so useful), and sharing your take on whatever topic under discussion.

In General Section that topic might be kastuumo-related, teenage heartaches, I used to listen this tune and that beat back in the days, troll for the heck of it, I-am-bored-fellas variety and what have you. Pick ur choice and fire away to your heart's content. You all need to chill.

In politics section it is hardball. This xaafad reported this bit today and all the tailgaters who pile on the xaafad that's reporting the news instead of the news itself. It is expected. No big deal.

The character bashing is also tolerable. It is no biggie to me. After all for some folks it is pretty troubling to get used to read different perspectives that's not inline with theirs. So what to do? Look into the soul of the poster and make judgments. He is from that block and he is related to that Col. and hence his world must be revolving around that personality. Annoying yes but harmless.

Today is a brand new day. The topic may be the same but who knows folks who congregate here might have wisen up a bit. Possible! Remeber friends I'm sipping my tea (lipton to be exact) and I'm making bundle all the while I'm having blast conversing with faceless usernames around the globe. I suspect you are all working, earning green, and conversating with us when time permits. That's the beauty of it.

Let's take an other go at it. Shaah is on old baba.

Kujecli,

Ur Awoowe.

Baashi--Very pitiful for grown man to resort to name-calling. Ghabdhahaa la ficiil tamayse bax kulaabo---wait ignore that, I didn't mean to insult the sisters, my apologies ladies!

Xiin...For sake of clarity, what does the TFG represents to you as entity and as it regards to the current conlfict. It is my contention that TFG can't exist without the Ethiopian muscle. And it is no secret the TFG only answers the wishes of Mr Zenawi and hardly to the need of the larger public.