Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

AU Road Map for Peace in Somalia

Now you are angry without reason, Che :D ! Calm down brother!

I have observed last few days this sinister insinuation of tuhun-based clannish tilt against the admin/moderators of this site few a times. And you managed to throw it in this discussion hence the appropriate tackle to deal with it.

Gabbal   

Xiin-

Still entertaining SOL is an aspect of reality life and lip-singing will bring you some rewards from god knows where? smile.gif

You came close to being in dis group when courts came in miles of Galkacayo.

That another individual saw fit to highlight this glaring discrepancy clearly should show you that your lip-singing is not paying off as much as you think it is. :D

^^Horn, As always you are struggling to make a point!

Allaha fasaaxa aad ku cabirto :D carrada xiin ka haysa ku siiyo. In that case, intaan is fahanno baan is cafin lahayn. Laakiin hadda waxba ma qabankaro...

Horn..Adeer waxma dhaantide na qaleey :D

Xiin....I admit my shortcomings/mistakes Saaxib...Many here don't, and they speak of reconciling. Now try reasoning with dad 24hrs isla saxsan.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Horn, As always you are struggling to make a point!

Allaha fasaaxa aad ku cabirto
:D
carrada xiin ka haysa ku siiyo. In that case, intaan is fahanno baan is cafin lahayn. Laakiin hadda waxba ma qabankaro...

Xiin-

To allow you to make a call on my "point" against you is to let a defendant describe the nature of his crime. That, I trust you understand, is hardly something to legitimize,. ;)

Since you will have it in lay-man's terms: you are a farce, Xiin, and your cover slips bit by bit to the rest of the contributers. smile.gif

^^Waa hagaag, nin caraysan warki. Allow ku shaafi! Aamiin!

Waryee Che waan carraabay e Horn sii cel-celi, intaan guriga ka gaarayyo IA. :D

edit: nevermind Che, Horn wuxuu rimmanaa waa dhalay, dhicis bayna noqdeen!

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

[QB] Horn..Adeer waxma dhaantide na qaleey
:D

Xaashaalilaah adeer, cuqdad ninki ciilan bay u saaxiib tahay. Anigu maxaa iga maqan aan u ciishooda? :D

Anigu maxaa iga maqan aan u ciishooda?

Hadaa wax kaa maqneen Markaykan maadan fadhisay.

Think about that for sec before you open your mouth again!

Habeen Wanaagsan, ana waan sii caraabayaa

Gabbal   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

edit: nevermind Che, Horn wuxuu rimmanaa waa dhalay, dhicis bayna noqdeen! [/QB]

I take it your sight has glanced upon my latter post. :D:D

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

[QB]
quote:

Anigu maxaa iga maqan aan u ciishooda?

Hadaa wax kaa maqniin Markaykan maadan fadhisay.

Think about that for sec before you open your mouth again!

Waa runtaa adeer, it is as Xiin said it; hicis baa iga yimi. :D:D

Anyways good luck. smile.gif

Paragon   

Once, while a student of International Politics, I stumbled upon an excellent book on he tAmerican proposed ‘Road Map’ for Palestine and Israel peace reconciliations, written by Edward Said in which he asks the salient question of, to paraphrase him, ‘reconciliation and peace yes, but on whose terms and on what conditions?’ Thus, in our entangled situation, it is this question that we should ask ourselves. The fact remains that at one stage or another, every one of us accepts that reconciliation is a compulsory prerequisite without which life itself becomes a futile existence.

Amongst us in this forum, there are those who fallaciously owned themselves a political stand-point that they think would arbitrate them associative ‘friendship’ with the concepts of reconciliation and peace. But nay, these individuals are deluding themselves to think they could categorize the ‘willingness to reconcile’ as a domain of their own reserve, in a bid to score some cheap point. Look, boys, if you thought there can be people who would disown reconciliation and peace, then, you are confused. How the hell can one declare his or her refusal of reconciliation in all its totality? Wouldn’t that become a self-defeating declaration? Isn’t the point of war the pursuit of eventual reconciliation and peace? Damn!

I never thought I will bother correcting some of you boys, but he it is; terms and conditions, that is all it comes down to. So put aside the fallacious thinking that someone can be for or against reconciliation. If anything that thinking shows a degree of inability to fathom the structures of process and their meanings. All people are for reconciliation depending on favourable conditions/timing. Now, let us get down to the real issue at hand; do current terms and conditions allow reconciliation take place? Does the presence of Ethiopia and existence of the TFG create an environment conducive for reconciliation to commence? My short answer is no, not for the time being, but there is hope.

Following Nuur Cade’s current policy formulations, there is hope that he might create the right environment for reconciliations. If Nuur Cade takes the positive step of reducing, (and possibly) facilitates the total withdrawal of Ethiopian troops from Somalia, then and only then, could we say reconciliation’s time is due. For now, we wait on him to deliver the goods and until then, reconciliation will be on hold.

Baashi   

^Adduunyo!

Extremely short in time akhyaarta -- 2morrow I will bring the hammer with me and for sure do some smackdown exercise.

For all the peeps that are itching to dive right into the fray just for reminder the topic is reconciliation. Some parts of Somalia are in the middle of a devastating civil war. This war has been ragging for quite sometimes now. Foreign powers as well as regional powers have taken sides and are now deeply entrenched into the conflict.

No disagreement on the need to end the conflict, expel foreigners out of Somali soil, and bring back the functioning state with all its blessings -- stability, peace, rule and law among many. On the same page on that one I hope. Btw any1 having issue with this bit? No! Moving on hadaba...

At issue is how to end the conflict or put it differently how to get the Tigre out and then sit down and do biz!

Che the lil man he is has nothing to put on the table other than you know if you have frequented this place. Isse is stricken with something I have yet to figure out. He is always shooting the other direction. No substantive talk coming from that man.

Ayoub is rageedii! He knows how important it is to end the dispute through dialogue. He’s just so fixated the power play and how things may turn out when all is said and done. Pretty understandable from secessionists perspective!!

My man Kashafa -- the cyber Green Beret -- is full of it. But let me hold on to that thought and put this lil screaming baby to its crib.

The term ilko-yar is a term coined by Kismayo residents -- Col Billiqo days -- a rebel who opposed Inna Barre's rule (in support of his cousin Col. Jees) during latter part of eighties. Government brought in a division from Gedo that belonged to one single sub clan. The rest was history.

Now back to Kashafa,

Where do I start? You are all over the place.

Rubbish. Nonsense! No substance there I can sink my teeth into. We are talking about reconciliation dirrin rolled out for warring clans -- deeply rooted clan grievances that won’t go away until and unless this lady is stripped its dress and her private parts are examined literally.

Folks have been killed, women gang raped, properties looted -- all in the name of clan. This effing elephant has not gone away. Folks there have yet to put that baby to bed. We’re talking about real issues.

Absent of institutional framework that’sstrong enough to manage conflicts the dirrin is all Somalis have left to lean on. Blanket amnesty for leading culprits, total and complete pardon for all the gangs -- who knows what will come out of it. Surely you are aware of the dirrin worked in Puntland. That’s how Northwest folks settled all outstanding issues too.

Dying bread followed by dhoocilo word attributed to clannish mentality makes a nice bunch line but the cantra-baqash you spewed there does not fit the discussion we are having here. Awoowe no one is raising fortunes for anyone. That’s an empty rhetoric. It is just pure rubbish. I mean is this just cantrabaqash for the sake of hunqaaco-spewing!

Principles and Diin!!! I mean what paragraph do these sound bite figure in this context? What is this? Are you by any chance lip signing from familiar song or something? I mean how does getting the record straight (on-line) translate into “raising fortunes” for fellow clan members “at the expense of principles and Diin”?

Answer to your question: Kismayo is my hometown. During the civil war it changed hands. The folks, born and bred in the city, have been uprooted, fled, or killed. ******** and Jirri did all the damages. Residents properties have been looted or occupied. The junk marauding militias you seem to be defending now are thugs who live by the gun and feed on the business people.

Pretty boy let me educate you how the world works. Identity politics, tribalism, race, class, and what have you are fact of life. It is what makes world round. Folks are organized, exploited, and mobilized on these bases. Somalis are not different.

Sham is for Sham residents and Xijas belongs to ehul Xijas. Quebec is for French, Glasgow for Scotts, and Dublin for Irish. Bossasso is Somali city and it is open for all peace loving Somalis yet there are folks who call it their hometown. Likewise Kismayo is Somali city open for all peace loving, law abiding, Allh fearing Somalis to invest, to settle, or to do business. But make no mistake there are folks who call that city their hometown.

Awoowe Baashi is an accomplished professional. He is true Muslim. He is for Greater Somalia when its time comes. He is for justice for all. He is for Sharia-based government. He is for reconciling warring clans through dialogue -- just, all inclusive, and negotiated settlement. You are against this process.

I don’t defend Inna Yussuf. Never did. You are lying again. And yes I discuss issue of importance. We discussed occupation and other issues. We just didn’t see eye to eye on that one.

If you are interested in such topics plz post one -- and make sure you frame the discussion such a way that favors your views on the topic. Blabber I’m the only true sincere Muslim all you want but when it comes to the substance of the issue and coherence I will give you a nice fill of the issue.

Finally it comes no surprise to all who read your cantrabaqash with impartial glasses that you are ridiculing the losses of lives and properties the innocent civilians of Kismayo and Las Ano have sustained at the hands of militia. So much of I’m the only true and sincere Muslim on the board.

^^Finnally showed up, they've been waiting you :D !

Originally posted by Isseh:

Following Nuur Cade’s current policy formulations, there is hope that he might create the right environment for reconciliations. If Nuur Cade takes the positive step of reducing, (and possibly) facilitates the total withdrawal of Ethiopian troops from Somalia, then and only then, could we say reconciliation’s time is due. For now, we wait on him to deliver the goods and until then, reconciliation will be on hold.

Paragon , notwithstanding with your prelude, you are indeed agreeing, perhaps unwittingly, with Baashi’s point. There are two approaches to the Somali conflict. One is the puritan approach which Kashafa and Xoogga (with less fervor) advocate in these boards. In that approach, there is no room for sitting down with the tfg. It’s evil. Warlords. Dabodhilifs. It’s Ethiopian tool. The rain of deaths and destruction over the capital do not make them waver. For thier principle of gumaysi diid does not allow them to dilute their strong stance. In thier books, dignity and pride trumps over humanitarian considerations. Somalis will eventually reconcile and make peace, brother Kashafa assures, but we must tend the business of removing Ethiopian occupation from our soil first. He immediately qualifies. And that always, and unambiguously, means continuing the fight against Ethiopian presence in Xamar---regardless of what the cost entails.

That is that---and you sure don’t seem to subscribe to it based on your endorsement to Nur Cadde’s rational approach to lessen the impact of the cruel Xabasha occupation had on the Mogadishu people through whatever means available to him.

The other approach is humble and practical. Somalia is down because Somalis are divided. For Somalia to stand up, Somalis must reconcile and bridge their differences. Ethiopia’s influence is far reaching and can only be addressed if Somalis deny her the advantage it so conveniently exploits: our division. No one suggested this would be easy undertaking. No one predicted it would make all parties happy. But it is the only credible alternative out there that makes sense. Reading your piece again you seem to made a handshake, albeit weak one, with this painful reality. I am not sure though if you fully understood the political ramification such a stance entails. In some brothers’ eyes, your stance would come across as caving to the enemy, and your views would quite conveniently border to those of the supporters of the tfg no matter how hard you try to make the distinction. How could you nod in agreement with Nur Cadde’s initiatives, they would shout at you. But it takes a conviction, a solemn realization of our current status as people and as a nation, a deep understanding of the historical context of our civil strife and the advantages our enemy has, and more importantly it takes an element of honest and strong backbone to state and sincerely report your feelings of the military strength and the political strategy of those who oppose the current alliances America put together in Somalia.

What’s happening in Xamar is no vedio game. It’s a serious catastrophe! Millions of innocent people are caught in a war they have no way fighting it back. They have done the only thing they could and knew how to do: flee. Tens of thousands are in a dire humanitarian situation. The enemy has the advantage. They control all the entry points. And the only defense Xamar is left with is what we have all been witnessing! In my mind this is no contest (it should not be anyway) for bravery. It’s rather, or it should be, a struggle to get Somalia back. We must realize that Ethiopia is not only in Xamar. It’s almost everywhere in Somalia if we are honest enough to admit it. With that in mind I don’t quite see any reason to sacrifice particular segment of our people (people of Xamar) when there is no apparent strategy to challenge her in other parts of the country. That’s why reconciliation-first approach though a low key in proposition is the only practical plan, and it may be, just may be, a winning strategy in execution for a reconciled Somalia would certainly be better positioned to challenge Ethiopian in a more effective way!

^^Scratch all I wrote above :D !

I skimmed your piece at first and got the impression that you are for reconciliation. But you are not. Unless you wanna speak from the both sides of your mouth, you can’t reasonably praise this man’s positive steps and withhold your commitment for reconciliation yaa Paragon! For you perfectly know deep down that the powers-that-be sponsored this Ethiopian occupation and this Nur fellow cant to do it alone. You know what the demands will be. You know that they will demand a period of quietness and you know that al shabaab activities will continue regardless what this Nur guy does, and that in turn will necessitate, from AMerica's prespective, the continuation of Ethiopian occupation in Xamar, and consequently the suffering will continue. You shirked to take a credible position adeer.

Come again!

Som@li   

I see that we have great minds here, which can honesty help Somalis back home come into terms. smile.gif

The outcome of this virtual conference can be very productive, and hopefully may yield some results, which can be summarised, (SOL Nomads virtual conference 2008) sent to current Somali political leaders. :D

I find Somalis to be very stubborn and hard headed, Compromising is not in our dictionary, this is very true for warring functions, Maydka in la iska taga mooyee, meel dhexe oo la isku iman karo malaha Soomaalidu badankoodu.

For this virtual conference to succeed, and finally at least most the member of this board, to see what is wrong with Somalia, and how can it be fixed, without being biased, or blinded by hatred, we have to be willing to listen and change some of our views.

I see that most of you are opting for Dirin, and real reconciliation among all Somalis, I believe this is the only way out.

-Ethiopia leaves the country for good.

-ICU Asmara team are welcomed to Mogadishu.

-Somaliland team come to Mogadishu and present their case

-All Somalis reconcile and build their nation together.

-Election 200? Takes place.

If only it was that easy!

Baashi, that term is offensive. It may not be haddii kor laga fiiriyo, but some certain sections use it as a pejorative against a certain clan, the way some misuse as an unsavory the words moooryaan and faq'ash against some other certain clans.

Marka it is still offensive and derogatory.