Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Peace Caravan v1.1: The coming of the Somali Republic!

Originally posted by Kashafa:

We shall see how it goes. I think we all know whatever Tol militia rabble Mr. Ahmed is able to gather will be no match for the battle-hardened veterans of Iidaale, Daynoonay, and Diinsoor. If I were a peacenik, I would not be issuing booto.com hanjabaad like Cumar Xaashi did earlier this week.

Kashafa,

I was gonna go Tahafut al Tahafut ala Ibnu Rushdi on you and expose the fallacies involved in your argument against this caravan! But it is not worth the effort. We have been there before. Despite your best intention, your argument for supporting the bloodletting and infighting between Muslim Somalis renders you the ignorant albeit intelligent you are! Sharif, or rabble Mr. Ahmed as you called him, is neither heretic nor unbeliever. The peace process he entered and continues to flesh out as I type these words away is primarily meant to achieve two things: ensure the withdrawal of Ethiopia from our soil and bridge the gap between Somalis to lessen the political divisions amongst our people. Those who are resolved to misunderstand this good man, for whatever reason, like you undercut their argument in their failure to propose any viable alternative to his. You have no strategy to solve the Somali problem. What you are espousing is not different than what strong men in the height of Somali civil war espoused. It can be summarized in two words Ha La Isdillo , or in Aw Tusbaxle’s regressive term Hala kala adkaado. And that my good brother is the essence of warlordsm!

It will fail, as it failed yesterday! Good Aw Tusbaxle knows it. Being the analyst he is, Aw Tusbaxle knows that even if the good Sharif’s approach is aborted and alshabaab’s fighters prevail, the Somali civil war will continue with new magnitude!

All in all, Sharif is fallible as all mortals are. He could fail, and what he thinks is the best approach may not work. But by trying it, with the remarkable bravery he has thus far shown, history will, Inshaa Allah, preserve his name in the years to come!

As for Oodweyne and Ayyoubka,

Adeerayyaal, I have two simple questions for you:

1) Is TFG part of Somali conflict? If yes, do you see any value in sitting down with its leaders?

2) What’s wrong (theologically, politically, etc) with forming a unity government that encompasses both current TFG and the group led by Sharif?

FG:

==

I asked the other day the second question above a brother who was foaming with anger at the prospect of such scenario! After I reminded him that Farax Macallin a Somali Kenyan politician whom we welcomed to Minneapolis holds high position within Kenyan parliament, a entity that’s indisputably Christian and secular! Yet we both agreed the value such arrangement has for the community the said Farax represents.

It turned out his opposition against Sharif’s group entering a deal with TFG is based on anger and emotion rather than well thought-out, sound argument.

Akhiiran ,lets not go the route good Ayyoub and Oodweyne seem to be going toward! Namely, lets not reduce the whole caravan argument to this seemingly cuqdad that says xiin is reer hebel so he suports this caravan thing to save ina Yey's **!

That my friends is no good! Not to mention it would make the whole argument childish. If any of you are interested childish argument there is a running thread dedicated for that.

Xagga iskugu kaayya keenna :D

Xiin,

I just read the closed thread about sniching. To be fair you have been moderate in your approach to solving the Somali conflict. You advocate peaceful conflict resolution in Somalia and whole heartedly supported the Djabouti peace accord between TFG and ICU. I find Duke's accusation unfounded, unwarranted and libelous. I would advice Duke to take back his unfounded accusation and apologize.

Kashafa   

Akhiiran ,lets not go the route good Ayyoub and Oodweyne seem to be going toward! Namely, lets not reduce the whole caravan argument to this seemingly cuqdad that says xiin is reer hebel so he suports this caravan thing to save ina Yey's **!

Akhi Xiin, to mention your name with Ina Yey or any other qabqable is an injustice. Whatever my disagreements with you, you have always advocated a Pan-Somali platform, one that is based on what is good for the Dal, the Dad, and the Deen, even if you sometimes arrive at catastrophical conclusions(like ur current peacenik craziness). Anybody that accuses you of Tol'nimo waa qof asaga jiran. Taasi waa taa, halkaa naga dhig.

You have no strategy to solve the Somali problem

I am a nobody. You should be lobbing that IsQancis talking point to the men who liberated Merka and Qoryoolay without a shot being fired(how's that for strategy, homey) No strategy kulahaa. Saaxib, god-kee ku jirtay for the past 2 years ? How was Kismayo liberated ? How were the two Jubbas and the two Shabbeles, Bay, Bakool, Hiiraan liberated ? Through talking ? Through pontificating Through mealy-mouthed nac'nac iyo jac'jac. Waraa, wadan'ka rag rijaal ah, oo weliba rabaaniyiin ah, aa oo halgamay, oo xoreeyay, while your Saviours were learning hotel dinner ettiqute and how to operate a spoon and a fork.

Adeer, I know you want to win the argument. That's why this thread has such a pompous title. But let us, even with diametrically opposing viewpoints, leave some room for intellectual honesty. Inkiraada jooji. Jaxd'diga(arabic) jooji. You know too well that every gain and every advance the liberation halgan has made over the course of 2 years was done, exclusively, after Ilaahay(SWT), at the hands of those who you call 'extremist' and 'fringe'. You know too well that Shaykh Sharif and the Djbouti clowns have done shit but sit on their saliid macsaro behind and 'talk'. This, of course, is politically incorrect. It's too blunt. People feel uncomfortable reading it. But it's the damn truth. You know it. I know it. And so do all the readers. Wars are won and freedom is gained, not by the bullshitting of politicians, but by the blood of patriots. The only reason Shariif is being set-up in fancy hotels, and actually being talked to is because of the sweat and blood of men that are a million times his worth. If, as you, Baashi, and the rest of the IsQancis Brigade dreamed of, that there was no armed Resistance to the occupation and everybody laid down their weapons, and Ethiopia secured it's hegemony over every square inch of Somalia...............do you think the Itarnashanal Kamoonity would give a rat's azz about a koofid-wearing diif-dribbling qaxooti called Shaykh Shariif ? As my Nigerian friend would say in pidgin: Ahh-Ahh, Look at ur head, You craze.

Sharif, or rabble Mr. Ahmed as you called him, is neither heretic nor unbeliever

When did I ever call him a heretic or unbeliver ? I am no Takfeeri if that is what you are insinuating(as u did in a previous thread).

Just because you have no legs to stand on, bro, doesn't mean you're allowed to make shit up calaa kayfak.

All in all, Sharif is fallible as all mortals are. He could fail, and what he thinks is the best approach may not work. But by trying it, with the remarkable bravery he has thus far shown, history will, Inshaa Allah, preserve his name in the years to come

Right, right, right. Just like it preserved the name of Anwar Sadaat and the way his name is piloried, to this day, and tied to Salaam al'Shuj'caan(Peace of the Brave) ?

Just like it preserved the name of Neville Chamberlain and the the infamous "peace in our time" debacle?

Or maybe it will remember him as the Somali Benedict Arnold (this may look like a harsh and unfair comparison, but if he continues on this course, he will be even worse then Benedict Arnold) ?

The fact of the matter is: You are the one thinking on emotions. You are the one who has fallen in love with the myth of Shaykh Shariif(just as we all once did). You have been captured by his honey'd tongue and soothing words. For 18 years, you have watched your country burn under the fires of civil war and clan-conflict. Your heart is weary, your concern for the masaakiin heavy, you just can't take it anymore. And Lo and behold, on yonder horizon is the Promised Messiah who will bring peace and stability to this troubled land. The Foretold One who will order the lion to lay down with the lambs. The Saviour who will tame the Somali hyenas and snakes. Shaykh Shariif Shaykh Ahmed. Yaa Salaaam. I remember you waxing lyrical about another dude in a similar fashion. You called him, and I quote, "A towering figure of intellect and statesmanship". I reminded you: "Akhi Xiin, he was the man that signed the execution orders of the 11 scholars that Siad Barre(lacnada ilaahay ha ku sugnaato) murdered". You brushed it off nonchalantly(the potency of IsQancis in action): "No problem. It's in the past. Allah is Merciful. He has changed. He is a good man and will work for peace". No evidence., No informed decision-making, just shoot-at-the-hip gut reaction, sheer euphoria at the distant(and non-existent) prospect of peace. Nur Cadde inoo xaar ka wareegay, the whole world aa eh witness. But staying true to your always-right, never-wrong geeljire mentality, you will not retract your hyperventilating endorsement of Nur Cade, just as you will never change your view on Shaykh Shariif, regardless of what he does. For you, Reality is tainted with a 'extremist fringe' bias, as Stephen Colbert would put it. I am reminding you of all of this to make one point clear: You, not your friend, is guilty of emotional thinking that is rooted in a fantasy world of rationalisation.

I already told you this, duqa, but I will say it again: Indaha kala-for, waayo athigoo soojeedid aa jiiftaa. Hadootii regret iyo sidaan aa kawaday, saan aa umalaynaayay, Allow-Alle, waxba ma tarayso. Xamaasada kugu kacsan, oo indaha kaa tirtirtay, xagaas naga dhig. Nin'ka aa uu sacab-tumaysid sidaan ayoo ku dambeeyay, heading to Addis Abba, begging bowl in hand, inoo jilbaha qabsado Meles Zenawi: "Aboowe macaaan, waa ku baryaa, iga qaleey nooh. Daris baa nahay, waa isu baahanahay( this part he said publicly on radio interview). Wallahi, aniga Etoobiyaanka waan jeclahay. We are not a threat to you. Baliis, giif me your blessings. Make me Braym Ministar and I will hunt down the 'fringe' deviants and give you their heads on a saxan"

Pathetic. What is a Macalin Dugsi doing in the world of international scheming and politics anyway ? Does he even speak English ? Can he put two sentences together ? Did you know that he signed the Jabouti Farce agreement with just one member who allegedly knew English(Cabdishakoor something) ? The idiocy never stops. As you will read in the article I linked to, ALL of the other members of the Djbouti wing were in shock when he said he was gonna travel to Addis Abba and beg for mercy(ok, he didn't say beg for mercy, laakin waaa isla meeshii, don't nitpick). He refused to listen to their frantic appeals and remonstrations. Ninkaas aa rabtaa inaa wadanka uu dhiibtid. Waxuu isku darsaday: An appaling lack of judgement. Go-it-alone caqli. A penchant for the high-life. Jago-doon'nimo. And worst of all: Taking the counsel and confidence of all the entities that have worked tirelessly to make sure Somalia never rises from the rubble(UN, US, IGAD, Kenya) and excluding and breaking away from the men who painted Somali soil red with their blood, defending all that is holy in this world.

My friend, anybody that supports such a man is one of two things: a) A well-meaning, good-hearted doqon(like Shaykh Shariif) b) A wily opportunist(like Sharif Xasan, Cumar Xaashi).

I think you're neither. I think you'll wake up from this IsQancis foolishness and reboard the Gobonimo train as it moves on to Mogadisho, Baidoba and beyond. Let's call this a temporary madness inflicted by witnessing 18 years of war and bloodshed

Xiin,

I just read the closed thread about sniching. To be fair you have been moderate in your approach to solving the Somali conflict. You advocate peaceful conflict resolution in Somalia and whole heartedly supported the Djabouti peace accord between TFG and ICU. I find Duke's accusation unfounded, unwarranted and libelous. I would advice Duke to take back his unfounded accusation and apologize.

Kaalay, ma indhaha aad la' dahay? YOu find duke's attack more perverse than say cabbie ?

Anybody that accuses you of Tol'nimo waa qof asaga jiran.

Kasha, unless you can bet your life on that statement, I suggest you take it back. 2 or more threads are closed because of cabbie's contempt for Dukey's tribe. He went as far as inuu ooyintiisa all over the thread ku waraabiyo sida coos biyo ubaahan, all for what?

AYOUB   

Xiin

You can't deny that you once again openly support the TFG - as you did a few years ago. You can't deny - judging from veiled threats - you would support future TFG/ARSD coalition fighting against those opposition "peace caravan". That's what I've deducted from the circuitous answers you've been giving. Even if my conclusions about you are wrong, that's what the so-called "peace caravan" is destined to deliver according to the likes of ARS-Djibouti's Col. Cumar Xashi. How else could anyone interpret what Col. Cumar said when the so-called "peace caravan" pit-stopped at Baladweyne. This makes a big mockery of you and Sh. Sharif's argument about "ending the 18-year civil war", "humanitarian crisis", "saving Somali blood", etc . It - like Oodweyne nicely put it - makes a joke of the so-called PEACE caravan. He's spot on when he says:

"It’s interesting to see your “peace Caravan” turning into some kind of a new coalition-building between the TFG on one hand, and one section of the resistance forces (i.e., the Djibouti faction) on the other hand; particularly in the hope of taking on the other side (namely the Col. Aweys’s faction) and most importantly, taking on the new kids on the block, namely the Al-Shabaab ..."

^^^ That's what you and - crucially - Sh. Sharif need to candidly address.

But seriously,there is no benefit in starting from scratch, and dealing few dozen warlords each vying for control.

I'd only accept that reasoning if you were as adamantly opposed when Sh. Sharif disregarded the possible repercussions of splitting of ARS into at least two wings. To loosely paraphrase you; for the "caravan" to have a realistic chance to deliver PEACE, Sh. Sharif should have "salvaged" the ARS. That's the argument most nomads have been making against your "caravan" for months. In my humble opinion, it would be catastrophic if Sh. Sharif sanctions a war against the people whom he called to defend their country against occupiers, especially when he's the one who used to insist on it on "no negotiations till the invaders had all gone" basis. Aren't these the same people who came to the rescue when the Satanic Alliance ignited this conflict by their infamous declaration of war? Whatever argument you have for "salvaging" the TFG faction, they're outweighed by the case "salvaging" of ARS first. Later IA..

^^A & T, give me an alternative :D

Kashafa,

I do not like this sword you are wielding.

But assume that your alshabaab boys win decisively in the southern theatre. March forward well into the near future, brother. Paint for us what will have to happen for Somalia to come back up again.

Ayoub,

Your concern of the caravan becoming another political alliance that could possibly continue the civil war instead of ending it is well considered. But at this point in time that remains a mere speculation. Al shabaabs are not part of this caravan simply because they refused to participate on the basis of Ethiopia’s presence on Somali soil. If Ethiopia is made to withdraw, and Alshabaabs continue the violence, they will be ineffective in their effort to derail this caravan’s progress. More importantly though, once Ethiopia withdraws, these jihadi slogans will subside and the youths will have to declare their political agenda for Somalia and the means to achieve it. In any rate, I do not foresee an all out war between the new alliance and alshabaabs.

Oodweyne,

Thanks for answering my questions. If you could only consider the forces behind tfg arrangement and see beyond its façade and the Somali actors that come to represent it, you would understand where I am going with this salvage value I keep talking about. But only if you could…

Abtigiis   

The alternative is support the muqaawama. Period. Once the country is under the rule of one entity, the next worry starts. Which is not necessarily more difficult than the one at hand.

Can't you see both Sheikh Shariif is side-lined, and the TFG is on its knee. What more should you wait saaxib. I agree with you, short of proving that you were wrong, I don't have so much to offer. But, let us agree that the caravan fetish is over.

Then, we can ask 'what next?'. I have no answer for now.

Serioulsy, why do you think your side of the muqaawamah are in agreement :D with this ailing man called Ina Yusuf to continue this fight ilaa lakala adkaado?

Perhaps, it's lack of imagination.

Abtigiis   

Serioulsy, my worry in the last three days were about the health of the old man. Ilaahayoow yuuna naga dhiman baan xalay ku ducaystay. Waligay is ma odhan waxaas ama wax u eg yaad ilaahay way diisan. :D

Wadnahaas caaga ah ayaan waxooga kalsooni ah ku qabaa.

TFG's case is surgical. Medical way dhaafatay. Ha ina dayso bahashaasi.

AMISOM oo badalysa Ethiopia

Kuliyadii hore Jaalle Siyaad oo ku dhow Wasaarada Gaashaandhiga ayaa noqotay saldhig cusub oo ay ciidamada Burundi oo ka tirsan kuwa AMISOM ka dagaan Magaalada Muqdisho.

Gen. Nyayangura Javanol oo ah taliyaha ciidamada Burundi ee Muqdisho ku sugan ayaa sheegay in talaabadan ay qayb ka tahay hirgelinta heshiiskii ay DF iyo ARS ku gaareen dalka Jabuuti.

Ciidamadan dagay kuliyadii Jaalle siyaad ayaa waxay wataan gaadiid dagaal, iyagoo bilaabay inay wadada dheer ee warshadaha ku koontaroolaan gaadiidka halkaas maraya.

"Waxaan ciidamo geytay kuliyadii Jaalle Siyaad, waxayna talaabadan qayb tahay sidii aan ku dhaqangelin lahayn heshiiskii Jabuuti oo dhigayay inaan la wareegno saldhigyada ay ka guuraan ciidamada Ethiopia" ayuu yiri Gen. Nyayangura Javanol.

DF iyo ARS ayaa ku gaaray dalka Jabuuti heshiis qodobadiisu ay ka mid ahaayeen in ciidmada Ethiopia ay mudo bil ah kaga baxaan goobaha ay rayidku dagan yihiin, ayna goobahaas la wareegaan ciiidamo la isku dhafay iyo kuwa AMISOM.

"Ciidamadeenu waxay la wareegi doonaan wasaaradii gaashaandhiga, waayo heshiiskii Jabuuti ayaa sidaas dhigayay" ayuu mar kale yiri Gen. Nyayangura oo la hadlay warbaahinta.

Sidoo kale Gen. Javanol, wuxuu sheegay in saldhigyo cusub ay dajin doonaan maalmaha soo socda ciidamadooda, isagoo diiday inuu shaaciyo saldhigyadaas halka ay ku yaalaan.

Goobjoogayaal ayaa inoo xaqiijiyay in ciidamada Ethiopia ee ku jira Wasaarada Gaashaandhiga ay wadaan dhaqdhaqaayo ciidan oo u muuqda inay halkaas kaga baxayaan.

Garowe Online, Muqdisho