Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Peace Caravan v1.1: The coming of the Somali Republic!

^^Baashi the split is real and deep!

Alshabaabs have in many ways aimed to discredit sheekhs like CRaxman. In fact they have no sheekhs. What they have is jihadi movies and islamic songs propagated through paltalks,and youtubes. As you know the culumaa has spoken. From Ali warsame of Burco to Gacmay of Goroowe to The leading and respected sheekhs in the west is effort to speak truth about this new phenomenon is picking pace.

It may not succeed to stop the youth flocking to alshabaabs direction, but it will make sure what the real perspective of culumaa is.

The Jabbuuti deal is also another component to suck oxygen out of these groups and equally lethal warlordism phenomena that prevailed in that part of the world.

If culumaa continue to speak, and the politically active and armed sahwah continues to engage with teh rest of players, Somalia has a future, and peace will come.

^^I dont know what freindly wager means. But here is what I want Che.

I want Somalis not to start from scratch again. If it's possible to build on the political infrastructure of this entity I am for it. It's easier to deal of the players at once. TFG offers that posibility. All the secular warlords and thier external supporters are represented in that entity.

Why not deal with it, then?

Laba-X   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Baashi the split is real and deep!

Alshabaabs have in many ways aimed to discredit sheekhs like CRaxman. In fact they have no sheekhs. What they have is jihadi movies and islamic songs propagated through paltalks,and youtubes.

Xiinow, Awoowe waxaan filayaa raggaad ka hadleysid inaadan aqoon u lahayn qotodheer leh. Kuguma ogeyn nin waxey islaamuhu ku sheekaystaan dhabaysta...

LX,

That there are sheekhs who happen to agree with alshabaab is defirent than them recognising the scholarly authority of that sheekh. If Sh.Xassaan comes out tomorrow and issues a fatwa against thier stance, I am sure he will no have influence adeer.

Same goes to the sheekhs in the xaram!

Thierry.   

Look its next impossible to co-exist with Al Shabaab, my disagreement with AS goes back to late 2006 when they were the armed wing of ICU. They disobeyed orders then and still refuse to take the advice of elders, leader and the Culema. Inshallah I make Dua that Allah guides them to right path and that they come back from this extreme.

Ps Xiino adeer don’t go into a futile argument with the loosing camp again, it only defames your good name.

Laba-X   

Xiinow, Just don't be hoping from one caravan to another when The Lads attain victory, and that is near! All sorts of propaganda is circulating around but the reality on the ground is known by those who are experiencing it.

Ilaahay waxaan ka baryayaa inuu Xaqqa nawada tuso oo nagu wada hanuuniyo.

As for the Shiekh's in the Xaram - iyaga warkooda daa!

Thiery Don't worry sxb, you're not in Somalia so worry not about co-existing with them. They're doing just fine...

Xiin..The obstacles facing the Caravan are deep and numerious,but the core problems are:

Washington Policy Makers (The establishment which out lives every president) favor Ethiopia and are not keen to say Somali statehood. I had an exchange with Dr. Michael of Purdue University, and someone from Kerry's office. They both acknowledge the misery in Somalia and America's involvement, but they also agreed it is unlikely anything would change as far as America stance on Somalia is concerned. Circumstances might forced them to scale back or even end the occupation, they are however not interested nor they do wanna see a stable Somalia.

The second problem here is direct involvement of Ethiopia and Kenya in the Somali situation. Neither these countries as I'm sure you know wants a united viable Somali state.Any hope of peace and stability will always be jeaporidised by these states through proxies in Somalia.

The third problem here is Al-Shabaab whose intentions are in the right place, and are fighting the right cause in order to free the people.These boys though committed to freeing the land lack pragmitism and the political foresight to establish a working authority or atleast build the framework for political discourse.They unfortunately atleast in my view don't possess a notable leader who could look towards the future. They have the ability and the means to change Somalia, but they sadly lack a leader that is knowledgable and versed in the art of politics. War alone won't fix anything.

The last problem and the biggest are thethe TFG, Sharif and all other Somali factions. They are problem in the sense these are alliances of convenience. Their only common goal is their opposition to their shared enemies. When circumstances are changed new allainces are created, and the political landscape changes. It is difficult to deal with or accomadate people with no fixed political philosophy or common cause. It has been four yrs since the TFG took power. They spend all yrs fighting each other, and trying to hold together coalition of misfits. The courts fared better initially, but we see today, there are so many splinter groups, we stop caring who is who.

Somalis are indeed hungry, and I sincerely believe the war despite how it ends won't solve the problems we face today. What we need are leaders who have broader sense of the world ( appreciatate and understand Ethiopia, States, and Kenya's intentions), leaders that actually feel their people's pain and wants to end misery, and leaders that are not driven by personal ambitions or the need to loot. Of the list of men active in the Somalia, I see none that has these qualities.

The only option left for Somalia is popular rising, but the sadly we people have become sheep. Groupkii yimaadaan marba usacab tunaa.

^^All those obstacles you listed are real. But what gives me hope is the fact that failed Somalia has served no one's interest. This is a very important real state with all the btfl beachfronts it has. Even Ethiopia realizes that it's NOT as powerful and able as it once thought it was. Kenya does not benefit from the mayhem that goes in Somalia. Uncle sum, though it could live with a failed Somalia, it must worry the survival of its ally in the region if Somalia continues to go the path is on.

These splinter groups can be overcome. Especially have no interest in what you and I are talking about. They are fighting global war and Somalia just happens to be a staging area. They wont have deep appeal within Somali community once Ethiopia withdraws. There are angry clans everywhere, but in the absence of a logistical support from the neighboring countries, they wont be able to wage an effective war either.

In the words of Xassan Kharaab, Gartu siday u indha la'dahay uma Alla la'a

The challenge is now how to hold together this tfg to use it as a transition. It's crumbling before our eyes...and that in the minamum reverts us back to where we started.

Abtigiis   

Xinn wants to give the benefit of the doubt to the warlord + Thugs + Tribalists + Opportunists who are allied in the TFG to settle their difference.

Unfortunately, he doesn't want to give the same chance to the Alshabab + ARS + and other islamic fronts whose main division at this point is mainly on how to deal with the occupation.

BTW, who is Sheekh Cabdiraxmaan and why did we not hear his voice when the country is under occupation? The Only sheekh who matters now is Sheekh Muktar Roobow Abu-Mansoor, the man who helps me walk in some dignity as a somali.

Again, Xinn, WHY IS IT DIFFICULT TO FORM ANOTHER GOVERBNMENT, this time in Somalia, and use that as a start?

Waakii yidhi (Qaasim), markay guushi soo dhawaatay:

Had aan sii fogeyn waxaad sugtaa heego iyo roobe

Hilaac caafimaadbaa ku mari hogol daruureede

Heeryada rag baa kaaga furi hub iyo baaruude

Hiddo dhalad wixii aan aheyn waa lagaa hudine

Hor ilaahay waa kaa xoreyn hawshan kuu timiye

Insha-allah Home nabadgelyaa lagugu soo hoyne

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^For how long though?. It is bad that they are Tigray stooges, but it is even worse that they can't run a shop, let alone government. I have said long time, one need viable partner to make any progress. In fighting is the trademark of all Somali factions.

I kept my part of the deal but I was under the impression you will let this caravan be too, saaxib! Am I released? :D

Abtigiis   

Ngonge,

If you would have told this man in the name Xinn in no uncertain terms that what he calls a caravan is just a horse-shit, he would have calmed down.

Adigaa igabay! (If you understand what it means)

A & T,

Yours is old argument. We are demolishing new arguments these days.

Something about this caravan:

Oodweyne The Secessionist opposes it. Duke The Snitch opposes it. Angry people who are thirsty for blood oppose it. Alshabaab opposes it!

Yet all of those want to settle thier differences by the barrel of the gun.

Why am I not surprised!