Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Peace Caravan v1.1: The coming of the Somali Republic!

Kashafa’s argument: we will kill you if you don’t follow our way, yaa **********.

^^Sickening.

A&T argument: I don’t know what’s gonna happen tomorrow. I don’t frankly care. But I know Ethiopia; lets fight it everywhere till they free my people in the ****** region. We must widen the coverage of this conflict in the somali proper.

^^Daniiste.

Faracanab’s take on this; I like A&T.

^^no comment :D .

***** iyo nacab haka naxeennee, the caravan shall march forward

RedSea   

The homeless horse is still pushing for the imaginery caravan. lool..

"ma anaa dunida qaybiyoo, qoobad ku siiyey".

Ma anagaa ku nidhi political cards aad haysatid ku wada shub hal meel.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

A&T argument: I don’t know what’s gonna happen tomorrow. I don’t frankly care. But I know Ethiopia; lets fight it everywhere till they free my people in the ****** region. We must widen the coverage of this conflict in the somali proper.

^^Daniiste.

Cajabba!

Kamaavi   

Well put Redka.

People, the vast majority of people, don't operate

out of altruism. I mean very few are going to hurt

themselves to help others. When a person can live the

general, common, day to day lifestyle of the Western

Europe, North America, Australia, etc. person then

they will stay or go back home to their respective

homelands.

In the meantime, all praises to the ones with the

love, determination, and honor to flow counter to

the "great" African brain drain. Especially the

non-scientist, political and sociology minded ones

who can bring about policy and practices advancing

their countries to 1st World status as far as the

things like infrastructure, economy, food supply/

distribution, health care, empowered middle class,

nationality overriding ethnicity, etc. They will take

us there, we are headed there, and there's just no

stopping us now or ever.

Faracanab’s take on this; I like A&T.

Originally posted by RedSea:

The homeless horse is still pushing for the imaginery caravan. lool..

"ma anaa dunida qaybiyoo, qoobad ku siiyey".

Ma anagaa ku nidhi political cards aad haysatid ku wada shub hal meel.

^^ :D:D

Redka, Don’t be bitter adeer; your clarifications in the other thread about being alshabaab man, and not a secessionist, is a great development. I do respect that choice of yours.

Of course I do believe the peace caravan approach is the way to go. It has worked so far. Those who spearhead it knew it would not be an easy thing. The fog you see today is just another obstacle that need be overcoming. When Ethiopia withdraws, most of alshabaab fighters will join Sharif’s side, I predict.

Redka will just be one of those latecomers to our side...

N.O.R.F   

Xinn

It succeeded where violence failed.

Was it not the 'violence' that forced the govnt to sit down with ARS?

as you were,,,,

Shimmaali,

qalin rasaaska :D Sharifka aa aakhirkii mucaadallada toosiyey awoowe.

To be fair, initially violence was needed to resist the invasion. But those who refused the common sense have been shown that Somalis can sit down and talk these issues out... and this exactly what has happened. We are now debating about the feasibility of the size of the new parliament, and not about the approach itself.

I do not think that to be a real obstacle. I think Ina Yusuf will try to use it to appeal to his supporters. But aakhirka waa laga gudbi…

Fabregas   

[.
[/quote The fog you see today is just another obstacle that need be overcoming. When Ethiopia withdraws, most of alshabaab fighters will join Sharif’s side, I predict.

[/QB]

With Uncle Sam money, you hope? ;)

^^stop taking the mick - and offer a solution - otherwise i will dube you P_G Tips with crack line and wink :D;)icon_razz.gif from here onwards

good morning to you btw.

I think it is going back to the beginning. Yey is in Garowe, the rest will go back to Muqdisho and this time instead of warlords there will be war-sheikhs .........

I HOPE NOT .............

RedSea   

Jaw! xiinfaniin.

Qalinkan baase rasaastu ay ka dhacayso ayaan layaabanahay. :D

Waar Ethiopia is beaten and bruised. You never seem to give the fighters any credit for their bravery. wahay wah.

Besides you have twisted. Initially voilence was not needed when anything was possible. The shariif wasn't so forthcoming with his call to peace. If I can recall, he was the one who call for Jihad against Ethiopia.

Ethiopia turned blind eye to agreement reached in khartuum and instead encouraged the TFG to backbpaddle from that agreement, just so they could commit their troops to somalia, implement the TFG...so they thought. All of sudden, now they want peace. That means they have realized that their objectives (taming somalia) is unrealistic. So they want to try different way to still keep the TFG as the main governance body in Somalia despite them losing the war.

sheikh sheriffoooooooow!!!

--Waa tuu dareersaday fircoon diracyadiiniiye

Waa tuu diyaar ugu akhriyey diinta gaalada e

Dabci beenna weeyaan waxaad nagu dayeysaane

Waa waxa dariiqii sharciga uga dilowteene

Dowgii Rasuulkiina waad daba martayseene (scw)

Nin dardaran iblayskii dafaa dow ka raaridaye

Dallacaad jacayl baad kurtiin noola dirirteene

Dubaaqiina waxa saa u galay daara buuxsade e

Dux kama heshaan Ferenji aad dul i dhigataane

Dabin buu idiin qoolayaa waydin dagayaaye

Dirhamkuu idiin qubahayaad *** u go’aysaane

Marka horre dabkuu idinka dhigi dumar sidiisiiye

Marka xigana daabaqada wuu idin dareensiine

Marka xigga dalkuu idinku odhan duunya dhaafsada e

Marka xigga dushuu idinka rari sida dameeraaye

Liqaye   

Somali parliament speaker welcomes Djibouti peace deal

Shabelle: SOMALIA

BAIDOA (Sh.M.Network)- Sheikh Adan Mohamed Nor (Madoobe), speaker of the Somali national parliament, welcomed Djibouti peace deal on Monday after he held a press conference in Baidoa, the seat of the Somali parliament.

"I am very glad of the peace agreement between the transitional federal government and the Alliance for the Le-liberation of Somalia," Sheikh Adan Madobe said.

The speaker called on lawmakers in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi, to return to the southern Somali town of Baidoa, as soon as possible.

About 60 Somali legislators from Kenya arrived in Baidoa on Monday and the speaker requested the remaining ones to return back to Somalia.

Most of the Somali parliamentarians have remained in Nairobi following a meeting there in late October with leaders of the regional body, the Inter-governmental Authority on Development (IGAD), on the situation of Somalia.

Somalia has not had a functioning government since 1991, when warlords ousted the late Somali president Mohamed Siad Barre.

Liqaye   

Omar Hashi urges Somalis to support peace talks.

Posted: 12/1/2008 3:15:00 PM

Shabelle: SOMALIA

DJIBOUTI: (Sh.M.Network)-The interior secretary of the Alliance for the Re-liberation of Somalia Omar Hashi aden urged Monday Somalis to back The Djibouti peace deal signed in Djibouti.

Omar Hashi Aden held a press conference in Djibouti and called for the Somali people to benefit by that opportunity.

"We know that there are individuals oppose the agreement, but it is important to know the truth because Ethiopia started to prepare for withdrawal. I encourage every body to join the peace deal." said Omar Hashi.

"The world knows that Somali people can defend them selves from their enemies"added Mr.Hashi.

Omar Hashi stressed that the Ethiopian troops are committed to withdraw from Somalia and called for the Insurgents to stop the fighting to pave the way for their withdrawal.

Ethiopia sent its troops in Somalia in 2006 to fight the Islamic fighters who ruled much of south and central Somalia.

Shabelle Media Network - Source of Somalia News

The honorable man performs what he promises, and the rain-cloud pours if it has thundered..

And so did the peace caravan.

Lest you get confused as a result of Ina Yusuf’s Tolla’ayeey in the audible clannish musings coming out from Garowe, the capital of bilaadul punt, what this caravan did was not to tip the political balance unfairly favoring one group over the other. It did not favor clan x over clan y. What it truly did was to challenge the notion of armed uprising and violence being as the only tools available in Somalia politics. It showed, with vision and courage, political odds can indeed be overcome…look at Sharif. The man was dismissed as uninitiated novice in hard goings of politics, and today he’s in possession of some hard political currency that many are envious about.

Now there are some difficulties and challenges that are hard to neglect. Ina Yusuf seems to have resolved to oppose this, and his stance cannot be dismissed as a mere bluff. He has some political capital that he can if he so wishes spend against the progress this peace process made. Alshababs are also plotting to abort this and derail the whole thing in order to create political and security conditions that would favor them. The parliament is weak and in shambles hence conducive to divisions that could make the whole thing fail.

Ethiopia is perfectly positioned and all the prevailing conditions favor her to come out of this tall and standing.

If that’s the case, then what has this caravan achieved? A lot. Considering what have transpired in the last two years, this peace process has advanced the ball a much further than previously expected. Today the discussion is no longer about whether talking with Sharif and his group is acceptable to the current players. Likewise whether Courts leaders can sit down and chart a way out of this is no longer a matter of theological debate in the country’s leading religious circles. Also what the opposition in tfg side objecting to can easily be overcome if addressed in a manner that’s palatable for both sides while preserving the objective of ensuring Ethiopia’s withdrawal.

So don’t be fooled by the silly talk about the increased parliament size! The real measure of this now is Ethiopia’s complete withdrawal. Sharif should be flexible about these numbers, but must insist on Ethiopia's withdrawal in a timely fashion.