Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Peace Caravan v1.1: The coming of the Somali Republic!

^No tricks Saaxib.

Xiin...Not so much support the Jabuoti agreement but rather have NGONGE refrain from commenting on it negatively, or mocking it, but more importantly have him to give the Jabouti chance to mature into something useful. Our deal lasts for three months after which I would join NGONGE in debunking your peace caravan shall the events on the grould don't improve.

^^ :D:D

NGONGE has been all over the board lately :D ! I would welcome back xaaji NG.

The support we have this caravan has its reasons. If you disapprove violance and endles wars as much as i do, you would have no choice but to support any alternative that passes the feasibility test...and this one i argue does!

NGONGE is bound to respect the movement for three months time, and I'm obligated to join him after it is over ie that if the caravan doesn't reach its destination. But we do wish peace despite all odds.

In the meantime, NGONGE is formenting trouble between the secessionists and Planders, and anyone else he could find. I'm surely he is enjoying the show as it regards to you and Duke.

^^That is a different angle to look at :D

But seriously,there is no benefit in starting from scratch, and dealing few dozen warlords each vying for control. But we are somalis, and we dont think about that. We are angry and we want to defeat our opponents, right Ayyoub?

AYOUB   

^^ Mmmmh well... anyone could be reading this :D

Xiin what happened to the cease fire that was to start the 5th of November? Are some members of the resistance observing it?

^^What do you want me to comment on Ayoub? The melitia man's talk or how Kashafa deliberately put Somali Suugaan to death!

But check this: the integration of ARS fighting forces with TFG’s militia is not an unfeasible matter. It’s however contingent upon two things. The withdrawal of Ethiopian troops and the degree of progress made on the political front.

AYOUB   

^^ Comment on the possibility of ARS-Djibouti supporters fighting alongside TFG-Mbagathi like the malitiaman demanded.

What happens IF the Ethios do withdrawal and some members of the resistance insist on fighting till KILIL5 liberated as well?

Ayyoub, it depends when such a scenario arises. I blve there will be a period where reconciliation and compromise takes precedent over the government, however unified, showing its monopoly over violence! It’s conceivable however that ultimately these groups wanting to continue the fight with in Somalia must brought to a halt.

But I can see that you and our old pal Oodweyne chose to debate around the edges of how to settle the Somali tragedy!

One would’ve liked to see you take a stand on the premise of the departure of this caravan before you labor to comment on all the stops this caravan may or may not make to get its final destination.

Of course Oodweyne’s long post contains more grammar than truth! If the man cant even fathom parties of Somali civil war factions can actually come together, reconcile, and form a unity government with one national army and center of government, what is there for us to debate?

The caravan shall continue to march!

AYOUB   

Oodweyne

I agree. Xiin seems to have performed 360 degrees turn over the last 4 years or so. He just refuses to acknowledge it. Not yet anyway. smile.gif

Kashafa   

It’s conceivable however that ultimately these groups wanting to continue the fight with in Somalia
must brought to a halt

Translation through the 100% honesty filter:

"Braathaar, peace is a precious and fragile commodity! And we must need chart
any
course that would preserve the peace, as it were! Shaykh Shariif in his recent trip to Jowhar and Beled-Weyne, has been recruiting his Tol members to join a Sharif-Yey joint Tol milita that is being funded and equipped by the UN/US, per his recent meeting with Madam Frazer in Nairobi.

Unfortunately, he met with a hostile reception. Even his Tol members cannot swallow the dhulinimo of joining the TFG and fighting on the same side as the Ethiopian military advisors. So the peace caravan has been bogged down in the swamp of morality and principles. Darn it! Conscience of Man has a way of screwing up the best-laid plans.

Luckily for us, the peaceniks, we have a secret card to play: Bribery. Thanks to UN/US financial support, we will flood Somalia with crisp newly-printed greenbacks. We will attempt to pay off and buy the commanders on the ground. Conscience and principles have a way of vanishing when they meet the Mighty Dollar. We know that even money won't budge the extremist fringe group that now governs...er, brutally occupies(our directives state that we cannot refer to the extremists in a positive light, even if it's true.) over 300,000 square kilometers(in comparison, larger than the United Kingdom, Philippines, and Ghana) including the strategic port towns of Kismayo and Merka. So we will go to war with them.....even if we have to call upon the Ethiopian enemy to do so(we need their airpower)."

That's what Xiin knows in his heart of hearts......but is unwilling to say. So I said it for him. The Noble Steed Xiin of 2006 and 2007 has been perverted into a caricature of his former self.(I blame baashi, told Xiin a million times to stop 'pallin around' with him, bad influence).

The above is the boiled-down-to-the-basics of what Shaykh Shariif, Cumar Xaashi, Sharif Xasan and the peacenik movement is all about: Accept Ethiopia as the senior and dominant power in the Horn, accept Somalia as willing subordinate. Accept the authority of the Ethiopian clients, the dhb******s, *********, and Tol elders. Reward the war criminals of yesterday with plum influential positions in the name of reconcilliation. Accept, unconditionally, any demands Ethiopia might make, like fighting, and eventually extraditing, any 'extremist fringe' groups if they don't lower the heads and toe the line.

To their credit, and observing intellectual honesty, I believe they started off as good men. Patriotic well-meaning Somalis who have been, to quote Professor Michael Weinstein, seduced and intimidated by the Itaranashanal Kamoonity into surrenduring, in spirit and letter, to the TFG/Tigray alliance. So, hopefully, they can rehabilitated, if that is, they stop driving down the road of self-destruction

Their only headache at this time is how to deal with the surging, conquering Resistance movement that is gobbling up new territory by the minute. They are in a unenviable position: Having negligible resources(men, cities, arms) on the ground, they are now attempting, disastrously, to form a milita that will be loyal to Sharif and integrate it into the TFG.

We shall see how it goes. I think we all know whatever Tol militia rabble Mr. Ahmed is able to gather will be no match for the battle-hardened veterans of Iidaale, Daynoonay, and Diinsoor. If I were a peacenik, I would not be issuing booto.com hanjabaad like Cumar Xaashi did earlier this week.