Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Peace Caravan v1.1: The coming of the Somali Republic!

This is a quest for coming up valid talking points in support of sitting with the devil as it were to secure a fighting chance for another day. Out is the notion of preserving clan majesty or nursing the wounded ego of some folks. To preserve the existence of Somali people and their role in the region is the goal. The means of course is the restoration of the republic--- a minimal restoration.

We’ll discuss about the profits of political compromise, fringe profits at times, even when the short sacrifices hurt the perceived pride and imagined dignity of one side of the equation.

We will draw the curtain on the already receding notion of hala-kala-adkaado! In the same token we will offer some essential clothes and cover our friend Aw Tusbaxle’s shame in uttering such a regressive slogans.

And akhiiran, we'll show that beyond cease-fires and Ethiopian troop withdrawal lies the real hard work of stitching together what has become a very loosely-coupled state.

Coming soon, waa haddii waqti loo helee!

Toosi luquntaada, dont miss the Caravan, it may stop at a tuulo near you

Gediid   

boqol saano ayaa Xiinow peace caravan wadey waxna kama soo naaso cada.MAalin kasta waxbaa so socdaad leedayahay ee ma qolyahaya rajo ku nool ah baad tahay saxiibow.

Sophist   

^ Gediidoow qofka Muslimka ahi waxaa waajib ku ah inoo Rajo kunool yahay. Tan kale, walaalkey Xiin waxaan RAJEYNAYAA inuu tabtii uu geela iyo biyo cabsiin lahaa uu yaqaano smile.gif

Gediid,

If it is the length of the peace process that you are truly concern with, you are not asking much. How long this caravan has been traveling, good Gediid, amounts to mere nanoseconds when compared with how long we have been living in the miseries of civil war. I wouldn’t be asking much from you, if I say bear with us awoowe!

Does this have to do with the oppertunists heading to baidoa to somehow "form" a government with the Djbouti faction?

So you (xinn) think a merger between a faction of the TFG and Djbouti is on it's way in Nairobi? a republic?

Gabbal   

If Ethiopians withdraw, there will be nothing "peaceful" about what drove them out.

Had they followed you Xiin, the country would be under occupation for hundreds of years. Which leads me to question if you truly are with the resistance and only take a favorable position since you cannot come out to be a TFG-supporter!

Xiin, equipped with powerful Jabbuuti talking points, engages good Horn, who is sadly still doing what he does best, dwell in doubt and tuhun !

Horn, the real and meaningful struggle, I believe, is the one aimed at restoring the Somali state. Sharif has been leading that effort. Others have joined since then, and more will join it in the future. A court here and there, however fashionable today, will not solve the Somali conflict. And quite frankly if that’s what you mean by resistance, it does not appeal to me. There was a time when Islamic Courts had the potential to bring about a fundamental change to Somali politics. Sadly that seems unfeasible today.

Lets cut to the chase bro: ciil iyo caro waa meeshooda, but it’s not equal to you to support endless wars waged in the middle of your maato! Ethiopia, and you know this Horn, has neither capacity nor the stamina to occupy Somalia. The token victory she so far achieved was in many ways made possible by our divisions and internal political/clannish squabbles! One must be equal to the challenge right before his nose, if one truly wants to fend off his regional nemesis. And what that means is we must see, yaa Horn, beyond civil war wounds. We are all wounded and limping. Get Ethiopia out by any means, but put the divisionska qabyaaladda iyo religious ghulluwi ku dhisan. Look who’s suffering today! It’s you, the Somali people. Ceelwaaq baa maxkamad laga dhisay baad lasoo shirtegeysaa adeer! Forgetting of course that erecting makeshift courts does not equal governance. Without addressing the Somali conflict in a holistic manner, hadba meel bay ka dillaacaysaa adeer. The civil war is centered in the south today! Tomorrow however it could brake out in the East and North. Some may indeed pray for that. But the fact remains that as long Somalis are busy killing each other, Ethiopia or Kenya for that matter stands to prevail. Adeer you cant build nations on the cheap! It requires more than compromise and political concession. The real lit-mutest should be not whether one supports resistance. It should rather be whether one sees the value of settling this tragedy in a peaceful way. Is it possible? What are the prices and sacrifices? And more importantly what is the opportunity cost? We will address those questions in a separate post!

There will be a time when war is the only option on the table. But that time is not now. War is not the only option on the table. As Sharif is trying to do, we can strategize this thing and talk it out. Look at good Hamza, a brother whom I am sure has the best of intentions but observably is knee deep in the politics of vengeance and retribution. For him in nimankan (tfg) wax lagu darsadaa way shay xaraam ah! He wants to defeat them. But in the process of defeating them, he forgets, he is defeating himself. How so? Because a ceaseless war in Somali lands is Ethiopia’s interest.

I have not addressed the glaring inadequacies and lack of political maturity displayed by the fighting youth. I need not to repeat the known incompetence and sheer ********* that has become the trademark of the current tfg. But as late Gacaliye once said, Xareedaan cirka ka imaan, dhulka laga cabbo! Xal aan Somali dhexdeeda ka immaan, nabad horseedi mayo! You see, good Horn, we can all go back to our nomadic ways, praise our choice she-camels, and wax celebratory lyrics marka kurayyadeennu kurayyada reer hebel ka adkaadaan. We could sail out primitive boats and buy timir and sokor from Cadan! Unfortunately modernity and the nature of today’s globalization has denied that relatively luxury lifestyle and we are forced to interact, whether we like or not, with the rest of the world---both hostile and friendly.

We must play ball adeer. Ours, to steal gaalka gabaygiisii, is not to do and die! It’s to reason why! It does not matter if the venue is Jabbuuti. What matters is to talk this one out.

Gacantii ninki lihi goynayyaa waa gumudantaayye

Nin walaalki geed ugu jiraa geesi noqon waayye

There you have today's points!

Tommmorow, we will IA undress Aw Tusbaxle's hala-kala-adkaado proposition!

AYOUB   

The only tangible thing that was supposed to come out Djibouti agreement was "withdrawal in 120 days". Some reports say the "withdrawal" is now not Ethio pull-out of Somalia, but to "out of towns". Some even say pull out to "less populated areas" of towns. I hope this "peace caravan" does not end up to be an Ethio trailer park.

RedSea   

Unless they finish their mission to install a loyal 'Somali government' that will adhere to their wants, then Ethiopia doesn't see the need to withdraw fully. So far, the main prerequisite for withdrawal of Ethiopia is that Somalis shall except the TFG as their governing body, which many somalis find to be unacceptable. They feel betrayed and humiliated and see no chance of ever seeing the TFG rule anything good or bad. It's important to understand many of these people hoped the TFG could've been a real transitional government and a step to reestablishing Somalia back in 2004 until it has turned into a warlord enterprise and the worst treacherous group in the history of Somalia.

ilax   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

[QB]
Xiin, equipped with powerful Jabbuuti talking points, engages good Horn, who is sadly still doing what he does best, dwell in doubt and

We must play ball adeer. Ours, to steal gaalka gabaygiisii, is not to do and die! It’s to reason why! It does not matter if the venue is Jabbuuti. What matters is to talk this one out.

Gacantii ninki lihi goynayyaa waa gumudantaayye

Nin walaalki geed ugu jiraa geesi noqon waayye

Xiin @We must play ball :eek:

Xiin, you have your argument and positioned clear in your stand. But, your argument hits hard on the victim of this un-justice invassion, the resistence. Yes, I agree peace needs to be grown at home and it should not perscribed by the externals, but the current crises in Somalia is created by foreign/Ethiopian invassion.If it is so , then , I don't see fair to criticise those scraficing their life and time to confront this enemy.

Then, there are two possible ways of solving this problem. One thesis is the solution should come from the Ethiopians, jin ninkii keena bixiya, of which needs to adopt a defeated strategy, and accept the supermecy of your nighbouring and traditional foe, the Ethiopia, follow their instruction and divide the nation on the basis of subsidarity principle with a very weak central goverment. This is the option that Ethiopia and its hand pick guys in tFG want to be implemented at the end. If this does not happen then Ethiopia will never comporomise its strategic interest, never expect some thing else. Then, the deal is between Ethiopia and some somali factions led by Sheik Sharif. This is a set-back to Xiin's peace hypothesis with the ghost tfg.

The other thesis goes in line with nationalist ideology, such as xoogaga iska caabinta. Their argument is on the basis liberation first, then deal with your own internal affair. This assumbtion is shared by majority of sensible Somalis that I have met so far. For them, the presence of foreign troops in the country is disease not a medicine for somalis to reconcile and get their business done by them. This is the common sense of Somalis. Any thing goes beyond this they label treason or kufar in a extreme language.

Then, the situation is a bit complex and needs to be dealt in a mixed manner, that were I see diplomacy comes in to it. Diplomacy is not synonymous with submissive strategy, it means hold a strong position in your negotiation and get win-win situation not zero-sum situation.

Therefore, I don't dis-agree to break-the ice in this logger-head for better dailogu and negoatition among the Somalis but this should be inclusive process of all elements engaged in this conflict, other wise it will be hal bacaad lagu lisay oo kale. To play a ball, we should have a skillful players from both teams and play field as well, but in this virtual political game lacks important ingredient of having that politica fun. Then, arinku waa this ill-thought peace process is a drop in a sea of hostility and enemity.Somaliye isku tasho sidii uu nin culus horey u yidhi ceela uma qodna dhaaana uma maqlo

Nairobi - The UN Special Representative for Somalia, Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah, has welcomed ongoing regional efforts to support the cooperation between the Transitional Federal Government and the Alliance for the Re-Liberation of Somalia in the framework of the Djibouti Agreement. He also welcomed the continued commitment of the Parties to making the Agreement work.

“I am very pleased with the strong focus by the sub-region on work carried out by the Parties to strengthen the conditions for stability in Somalia,” he said.

The Joint Security Committee, which comprises representatives from both sides, has been meeting in South Africa for the past week to discuss and plan for the next round of meetings. They were helped by experts from the international community under the auspices of my office, UNDP, and the conflict management organization ACCORD of South Africa.

Mr Ould-Abdallah said the Joint Security Committee and the High Level Committee are planning to hold their third round of meetings in Djibouti on 25 and 26 October and he was hopeful of significant progress. The SRSG said he was grateful for the strong support and assistance the European Commission is providing to his office and to Somalia

He also announced that the UN and World Bank were organizing an international donors conference under the auspices of his office to take place in early 2009 to raise resources for a one year recovery program in Somalia.. On 20 October, thanks to backing from the Swedish Government represented by Ms Gunilla Carlsson, Minister for International Development Co-operation, a preparatory meeting for this conference is being held in Stockholm.

“I hope the conference will have a positive outcome which will help the Somali people to benefit from working towards peace,” said Mr Ould-Abdallah.

“I recently visited the Somali refugees in Dadaab and they told me that their dearest wish is to return home to restart their lives. However the continuing violence means that instead, thousands are fleeing their homeland every month.”

The SRSG called on all the leading Somali figures, elders, religious leaders, businessmen and women and major players in the Diaspora to take the responsibility for working to end the conflict and to bring all sides together to rebuild their country.

“While they should support all peace efforts, especially those from the region, their focus must remain on lasting solutions,” he said.

Thierry.   

Xiin the peace Caravan is moving swiftly as of late

Changes are expected in the Kenyan meeting, very positive and a capable candidates coming from Puntland elections, Galmudug has a very intelligent intellectual at its helm, and hope fully our main man Sheikh Sharif will someday soon be in charge of the federal government.