Sign in to follow this  
Shilling

Puntland's new flag should include a crescent moon and star

Ibtisam   

^^The same thing that keeps you chasing your tail on debates about Somaliland- It makes no senses to me. Oh and I find this little in-fights entertaining. :D

It is revolutionary to design a flag for a sub national entity when the country it is part of is in chaos. It is a silly idea from self absorbed punch of elites.

ElPunto   

^I don't chase any tail. I simply oppose secession.

It's not revolutionary nor is it a big deal - as in your previous allusion that 'they' don't know whether they're coming or going. As to silly - that is a valid opinion you can have. I would say seceding from a country on the basis of colonial borders and the wrongs of the past is even more silly. But what have you....

Ibtisam   

^^And you are free to say so, and do say so all the time- from time to time I might even agree. So maxaad afka noga boodeysa when I comment on Puntiland affairs. I have my own opinion, which like you I express on this forum.

ElPunto   

^Not sure how you came to interpret what's below to be 'af boodis'. It simply was to enlighten you that designing a state flag is not revolutionary, nor a big deal, nor a sign of separtist foment. But I have no qualms that it may be silly.

A little overly sensitive today maybe.

^I don't know why you care what they fight about or what 'committee' may or may not make a flag. As if making a flag is an enormous drain on state coffers and energy.

I don't know where you got the idea that they are separating or that they need to 'make up your mind'. Lots of sub-national entities have flags. It's not revolutionary really.

Ibtisaam is playing the dumb here and actually backtracking. Even clubs and large companies have flags and logos to represent them and Puntland is no different actually Puntland is on the right direction by erecting States that ultimately will be or making up a United Federal Repulic of Somalia and this is what she's against^^^.

She doesn't want to see a United Federal Republic of Somalia. Puntland is building Somalia from a bottom up approach, the only one that will guarantee a Somalia again and they're called building blocks. This building blocks are accountable and have someone in charge state institutions and will ensure the quickest way to recovery but why I am talking to someone who is against all of this?

The world sees this as the only model for Somalia for now and Puntland will help other Somalis as outlined by President Faroole to build other States and thus encourage building blocks and to rebuild our lost nationhood from the bottom up.

Little arguments about non existing and banal issues are designed to distract from the real issue and derail the true and only way of resurrecting a united Somalia again.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

A little overly sensitive today maybe.

To ThePoint: :D

Being afflicted with never-ending PMS, is a terrible thing. So we'd all sorta appreciate a little more understanding for our friend here. ;)

It seems our secessionist sister from England is a little confused. Dear sis, what do you say about the flags of Scotland or Wales, are they not part of the UK? what about St Georges flag which the English fans will wave in South Africa this summer, is. England breaking away from the rest?

The fact of the matter is with all the problems we have in our state, it has been decided that it's time to have new symbols that represent the state. Our national flag shall remain the beautiful blue flag. The fact is that Somaliland with Puntland and a few other states down south will eventually all come under the blue flag.

You are a sister and as such will have my respect but one advice, don't get caught up with clan Politics you will only end up losing your hair like JB, also try to work for unity, you can't brotor uniting the Islamic Ummah and then sing loud for dividing your very own Somali people.

Puntland definitely is not seceding, however, the timing of adopting new flag may confuse some people about the real intention of Faroole administration. There is nothing wrong with designing a new flag but the timing is bad. I will recommend to delay the adoption of the new flag until the country becomes stable and each federal state can have it's own flag.

I like the idea of having a cresent and the somali flag colors of blue and white on the new flag.

Originally posted by UZTAAD:

A&T, QOlyahihanaa onlf koodu Canjeelo xabashi baa dhexda uga sawiran baa la yiri maxaa ka jira.

You mean like this...

2708902230100122321S500x500Q85.jpg

Uztaad, weli miyaadan arkin iyagoo ku kor dhaanteynayaan saxamuun cajeelo xabashi ka buuxdo, dhinaca kalena, fuusto caano boore ah ey ku walaaqanayaan?

Calling such a site pure comedy, would be an understatement. :D

UZTAAD   

lool, thanks sxb A&t, inuu aad u garanyo bay ila tahay, mar aan addis tagay baan ku arkey tanoo kale, tipsi qai wat baa la dhaha.

Abtigiis   

I thought actually Canjeero would appear in yours as Ibtisam suggested. I mean say something else, because we don't like Canjeero. Wax kale oo eritrea khuseeya miyaad waydeen.

Kuwa xabshida hoos booda miyaan la aqoon. Mise Yey is ONLF tolow?