Sign in to follow this  
Shilling

Puntland's new flag should include a crescent moon and star

^Halgan.net I trust most of the times and even without checking any other websites I would believe what they write if they were the only ones reporting it but this time around they messed it up a little bit call it a selective reading of theirs.

There's no Dr. Mohmud who is in London who claimed to have designed a flag he only merely managed that he was in support of one of the flags, they should have read it more precisely.

Secondly Uztaad should be ashamed of himself really for claiming something others made and came up with.

And no, Puntland should not have a crescent or moon or any such kinds of designs.

UZTAAD   

FiqiKhair, read the whole thread please I have designed at least 3 different flags in that thread so some of it might look similar to other ones so t take it easy sxb.

The Zack   

^Looool war adaaba iga daray. Pirates kulahaa ehehe. Do u think the pirates are more popular than the fish in that part of the country? I think fish makes more sense because many fishermen hail from there and fish is one of the most common food in that region.

Thankful   

Pirates were fishermen! Puntland is the only place that has the gulf of aden and indian ocean, lots of oppurtunities to fish. That's why there are tons of illegal fishing vessels scattered around.

ONLF boys seem to complain while they acieve nothing what on earth do they have in Somalia? Their region is one big prison in Somalia Al Shabaab torture them thus go spare us he envy it stinks.

Shilling   

2guji38.jpg

This is another design that I thought of: the symbol for Islam is the crescent moon, unfortunately Somalia missed the opportunity to adopt it as its own once and I speak for the people of Puntland when I say let us be the ones to correct that missed opportunity.

As black Muslims it is best we color the crescent moon black to represent our ethnicity, and to show that we are still a very important part of Somalia any flag of our should display the same colors represented in our national flag (blue and white). Another important factor not to be missed are Puntland’s member states (Ayn, Bari, Karkaar, Nugaal, North Mudug, Sanaag Bari, and Sool) a star representing each member state should be adopted in our flag.

In designing this flag the above are all important factors in my thought process and I would encourage the committee in charge of designing Puntland's flag the same.

Abtigiis   

Mr. Calanle (a.k.a Shilling)

Is this a practice of some sort? Waaxay calan samyntan ay kaaga dhagtay. Seriously though, if puntland is to get its own flag, it should have a Markab in the middle. Piracy is an essential characterstics of the region.

Shilling   

^I'm just excited for Puntland whose communities are working hard to lift themselves above the cloud of negativity our society seems to be so full of.

Abtigiis   

Small minds think small. Think about the larger somali community. Village mentality won't help you.

The day you start to feel the pain of the guy in Jowhar and in Bossaso the same way, that is the day you are liberated of the darkness of shallow-thinking.