Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

FREE AWDAL

The most beautiful girls come fr. this region. It's the place to be.

MMA, the kingdom of Adal extended all the way to Alula Bari, acording to the history books.

RedSea   

MMA,

You stated the obvious when you mention the historical signifance of that province. I don't think that is in any dispute. But you haven't confirmed that AWDAL= the father of the nation as of yet.

AYOUB   

^^ I don't think MMA is going to be a good sport and tell us by who, where and when Awdal was "bestowed the honourary word "aw"." :D

* How does honourary title Aw Ayoub sound ? *

RedSea   

Originally posted by The Zack:

Ibtisaam, Did Siilaanyo want Greater Somalia? Get your facts right awow.

Red, there's a difference between siyaasadda dadka loo sheego iyo siyaasadda runta ah ee urur kasta. We all know SNM was fighting for "freedom".

Sure freedom from the tyranny of the barre regime that is. Besides Siilaanyo was not the SNM chairman when the facist regime collpased in 1991, Abiraxman 'Tuur' was. And he later joined Caydiid sr. in Muqdisho as you know.

Igal who wasn't a member of the SNM was one of the brains behind the idea of Somaliland. he was the most successful SL president to this date.

Remember the mid 90s war in Somaliland?

It was Abdirahman Tuur (pro Somaliwayn) Gen. Mohamed Ghalib 'Jama yare' (currently a member of the Asmara ICU, Ismail Hurre 'buubaa ( a member of the TFG), Kaluun (a member of the TFG) vs. Igal's pro SL adminstration.

The pro Somaliwayne unionists were chased right out of town in broad day light. kkkkk

The pro Somaliwayne unionists were chased right out of town in broad day light. kkkkk

Waaba dhoolacaddeyneysaayee, oo dagaaladaas magaaladaas ka dhacay wax caadi ka dhigtee.

I don't think it had to do with pro- or-anti anything. Qabiil wars uu ahaa. Cigaal was not more pro or anti Soomaaliweyn than Tuur, Eebba ha u wada naxariistee marxuumada.

--------------

Ayuub, without going further into it, you need to know the Soomaali grammar, siiba meesha "aw" and how lagu apply gareeyo. Awkuuku iyo Awkoombe waa maqashay, I am sure. So are Awmaar [Raage Awmaar, though he spells it Oomaar] and Awfaarax. My own great-awoowe was called Awxuseen. It is an honourary title.

That is your own Soomaali lesson and what they mean, and how that word is applied without going into far again.

AYOUB   

MMA

You're not answering a direct question: by who, where and when was Awdal "bestowed the honourary word "aw" ". Names, date and location. If you don't know say so.

Btw, you're the one who needs lesson in Af-Soomaali. Aw title is given to man considered pious not fatherly. I know an Aw who never had any children.

Oomaar is Awmaar? Really?

LANDER   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

MMA

You're not answering a direct question: by who, where and when was Awdal "bestowed the honourary word "aw" ". Names, date and location. If you don't know say so.

Btw, you're the one who needs lesson in Af-Soomaali. Aw title is given to man considered pious not fatherly. I know an Aw who never had any children.

Oomaar is Awmaar? Really?

:D

The Zack   

^^Correct. Aw is not a father, its a respectful word used for elderly specially religious people oo wali sheekhnimo gaadhin.

RedSea   

mma,

You know Abdiraxman tuur (AUN), Gen. Mohamed Qalib, Ismail Hure buubaa, Kaluun all joined somalia's interim governments or ICU.

Ayuub, is this one of your usual nac nac arguing for the arguments' sake? If you are sincere and not in your usual hoity-toity, frivolous of futile arguments, you should have known by now.

Soomaali lessonkaa ka hadlaaye waaye, this is the lesson kuu sheegaaye. Aw title only means a pious one, aha? So Awkoombe and Awkuuku are pious men in their respective fields, aha? :D

Sharaxaad ayaa u baahantahay, my friend, about the little grammatical implications of Soomaali iyo micnaheeda ka dambeyso when it comes to aw/oow of masculine iyo ay/eey of feminine.

The aw and ay of prefix an honourary waaye, where a lesser degree oow and eey suffix u yihiin, but with a far less degree of implications -- being the same meaning of honoured, but much, much lesser degree. Awfaarax iyo Faaraxoow camal. Or Aymaano or Maaneey.

Aw/ay, however, do have more honour and prestige in meaning than 'oow/eey' again. Aw/ay also have other nuanced meanings and interpretations.

And who bestowed the name Awdal to that region?

Soomaali people bestowed and honoured to that region with that title. It is a region rich in history. Ma waxaa sugeysay inaa ku dhaho it was honoured and bestowed by the last regime, which only made more official, sida one of the dudes here earlier suggested? Aha?

Waaba yaabee, ma ciilaa idinka haayo idinka isku soo shirwacdee marba mid soo baxaayee that region has a rich history than your own tuulooyin? Waxaasaa maseer la dhahaa. Heey, you should have been proud of it since it is part and parcel of Soomaaliya, a one region part of our land.

Ar waaka baxay this thread, intaan lagu soo noq noqonaayo ha noogu filnaato.

AYOUB   

^^ There you go with the juvenile accusations. Lordy lord!

And who bestowed the name Awdal to that region?

No that's not what I asked. Clearly you're not able to explain the comments you made and don't wanna admit it. What's new?

Btw, Aw-Koombe and Aw-Kuukuu's personal names are Cabdiraxmaan and Cabdullaahi respectively. Aw-Kuukuu is a nickname. I don't know (see no shame in saying that) if Aw-Koombe is a nickname or his father's name. What was your point again? They were given the honourary titles "aw" because.... :D

Gediid   

^^^^Ayoub

Kan yar kolba meel buu isku qadaa when you point out his mistakes.Kol oo yidhaa kindergaten baan soo marey iyo kol oo yidhaa sidii dumarka ayaad ka maseersantahay.Its sometimes wise to let such people believe what they want to believe.Wax eey ku dhanto malaha ma jirto sidaas.