Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

YAA YIRI MUQDISHO WAA NABAD!: Who said Mogadishu is peaceful?

Originally posted by Rahima:

^Doing well brother
:D
, check the reply
;)

Rahima, welcome back ukhti.

Horta si xun baad yeeshay. We were waiting for a report (pictures and stories) about your trip to the motherland. You just showed up with nothing. Taasina wax loo dulqaato maaha

Rahima – It is refreshing to hear your account of the old the country and your speaking well of it. Am glad to learn your experience has been rather well. But heary, you sound more like the old geezer who once for his life travelled outside his dominion only to come back a few days later to coin a phrase that is quite applicable in your case judging from some of you comments: “mar dhoofâ€. Perhaps some of the chaps on the scene have not seen much of Somalia lately, but dears do not forget there are those of us who frequent Somalia of all.

Share, if you will, your personal account and observations of the cities you had the pleasure to visit: what were the high points? Surprises, disappointments and the like? Are there no pictures?

And welcome back,

Cheers.

Rahima   

Rahima – It is refreshing to hear your account of the old the country and your speaking well of it. Am glad to learn your experience has been rather well. But heary, you sound more like the old geezer who once for his life travelled outside his dominion only to come back a few days later to coin a phrase that is quite applicable in your case judging from some of you comments: “mar dhoofâ€. Perhaps some of the chaps on the scene have not seen much of Somalia lately, but dears do not forget there are those of us who frequent Somalia of all.

Share, if you will, your personal account and observations of the cities you had the pleasure to visit: what were the high points? Surprises, disappointments and the like? Are there no pictures?

And welcome back,

Cheers.

Much thanks brother. Hopefully you are in the best of health and iman smile.gif .

As for Somalia, I realize it is not all perfect and so much more can be done, but what I detest is the attempt to degrade a certain city because of the set mind that it is controlled by a certain tribe who some have animosity towards ;) . This is the bottom line here. Mogadishu has many positives, and in all honesty it surpassed by expectations. This trip has regained my hope in Somalia and Somalis, no longer will I trust the trash of the Somali media (certain outlets). To be fair, on the other side of the coin, sure there are negatives which I believe will hopefully be solved by a government. The negatives are many also, but certainly do not outweigh the positives as some might have us believe.

We need to be fair in our judgments and stop this hate game. As I stood in the streets of the capital after coming back from a long trip of Isbitaal Banaadir (where I saw my birth records) Isbitaal Banaadir SOS Markazka Ibn Baz Jaamacada Banaadir and Imam Shaafici school, I remember thinking happily to myself, if Somalia is like this without a government imagine how it would be with one. At the same time I was extremely saddened that we continue to waste time when if we were to use our resources wisely we could be living like kings. Alas Allah is testing us and we must be patient.

Libaax and Rokko,

How are you brothers :D ?

Libaax, much apologies, the report and pics are coming redface.gif . I’ve been pre-occupied with visitors awaiting news on the beloved land, not to mention I am technologically challenged :D (have no clue on how to get the pics posted :confused: ).

Rokko, boy, am I glad I got away :D , but my sister said it wasn’t too bad, at least we didn’t reach 40.

Rahima   

W/salaam, hugs and kisses sweety.

How have you been smile.gif ? Should my report include London, Woodgreen in particular, the cold that my fingers almost fell off? :D

Thanks for the article ;)

Blessed   

I'm good sugar, alxamdulilah smile.gif

Woodgreen, eh? Silly girl; shoulda told me you were in my hood! So tell me, how did you find London. Don't worry you can be honest. I won't take offence. :D

Yes, december was cold (me had the flue all month). Don't say I didn't warn ya...abu cumarkii maad soo ilowdey? icon_razz.gif

Rahima   

Let’s just say I’m so glad I live in Melbourne and not London, I’d probably freeze in that cold. Sure the city is beautiful and all, but I couldn’t get passed the whether. Even with gloves (my cousins had a good laugh, apparently it wasn’t cold enough to be adorning gloves :rolleyes: ), my fingers were numb to the point that they hurt-not used to the cold.

Even worse after a few days in London, we went to Norway. I then soon realized that I had just left heaven. I cannot believe that Somalis live in Norway-let’s just say we had many adventures trying to walk on the snow. Ever seen a grown lady crawling because she can’t stand up :D ?

I went to sleep at woodgreen, the rest of time was spent visiting relatives, my ayeeyo in particular.

Horta, why is it that all the houses in London look the same? Have they not ever heard of variety?

Overall though, it wasn’t too bad. I enjoyed it :D , mainly because I saw family that I hadn’t seen for a very long time.

Anyway we await your visit down under, i'm sure you'll never return to London ;):D .

Duke-Walaal Don't let your blind support for Yeey blur yourn judgement.Potraying Xamar as unsafe place will fuel more hate and unrest.n Also any deployement of Amxaar troops in our capital will be detrimental to our interests as nation. Your uncle need to focus on reconciling people instead demonizing xamar, and calling ethios to march into Somali proper.

I do however have share your on opinion on so called Islamic courts.Those need to go!!!!!!

Jabhad   

Yeah its wonderful place that ol capital of ours.

The port is closed

The air port is closed

All government institutions are closed.

There are a hundred murders a years including assasinations of officers and educated individuals.

There are grave robbers and money laundererd and drug dealers and outright killers.

The streets are dusty and divided with millitias and so-called Islamic courts running parts of the beloved capital.

Come on stop the nonsence Xamar needs to be brought back to the civilised world.

Few people surely missed the multiple postings of unpleasant news from Xamar big and small...No wonder why such people passionately hate the ICU... ;)

dbrn419l.jpg

bambo   

General Duke ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YOu missid insulting Xamaaaaar , miiskiiin . NO wonder the hate level for xaamar is at all time high today.

GENERAL DUKE :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

XAMMAR civilized friend , and was done by same people that you stating need to be civilized .

The Port is open and is biggest port that operates in somalia today .

Airport is fully operating day and night ,

All government institutions are being rebuild .

NOt to mention my Freind Xammar has peace and stability today , something You and most of Puntlanders cant stand .

NOt to mention my Freind Xammar has peace and stability today , something You and most of Puntlanders cant stand .

What makes you think most Planders want Xamar to be in turmoil.

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Xamar is my city, why are you guys bad mounting xamar, like you've got a better city! Waryaada, aren't you aware that your grandfathers in the countryside come to Xamar for treatment, and your high-schoolers join the best university institutions in Xamar! What happen to your conciousness, did you lost your capacity to act as fair as possible due to the civil war, or the good news from Xamar adds up your tribalistic animosities!

Now, let me tell you, if we are the people of Xamar, we're preparing a major assault on the Stinking Ethiopians, along that traitor and so-called leader C/laahi Yuusuf who is willing to invade the country for the interest of Ethiopia. We will never let that to happen. Let me advice you kids, go and take up your arms by joining with the Ethiopians, because it seems you are withdrawing the Somalinimo for the hatred of your fellow brothers in Xamar. Waryaada, you are either with us or against us, as the dumy bush said.

Dadku wuu dagaalaa

Dabeetana Heshiiyaa

Inaad Raacdo Ethiopian

Ma Wax loo Dulqaataa?

If Ethiopia burns me, it will toast you next! iga qora hadalkaas, bilaash yeeysan qabiil naceyb idinla tagin.
:D

And here comes wadaadki waalna.Pple are talking about south and he'll be talking west!

Abwaan   

Anigaa iri Muqdisho waa nabad. I have been there in August 2006 Alxamdulillaah. I have driven around the city (everywhere except Kaaraan. Of course there was a destruction towards the city caused by the war but it was full of life as well and PEACE of course. If you need proof of how peaceful let me know so that you can borrow 3 hours long tape which has been including the opening event of the port, Isbahaysiga mosque and more................