Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

NBA

Jaylaani   

Khalaf,

I like your selection, but how did Payton get in your old school list? He came out 2 years before Shaq and he’s still playing too. I would say Magic or Isiah.

The new school. Tim Duncan would definitely be my Power Forward. And I would put Kobe in the SF position and insert Wade in my shooting guard.

My old school (80’s and early 90’s)

PF Karl

SF Larry Bird

C. Hakeem

SG. Michael

PG. Isiah

New school..

PF: Tim Duncan

SF: Kobe (hate this guy with passion but respect his game)

C: Shaq

SG: Wade

PG: AI

well you right jaylaani, hakeem is better, but i based my players on who i like, only with baker and patrick...

I like your old school, but Magic Johnson for PG is more deserving than Isiah bro, if your gonna put Larry in there, put his buddy of legend also.. your new schohol i would change around...

C-Shaquile

PF-Kevin Garnett

SF-Lebron James or Carter (WHEN HE WANTS TO WIN)

SG-Kobe Byrant

PG-Jason Kidd

you kidding me, AI is not a true PG!!! he is a scorer.. jay kidd i think is close to the record for all triple doubles and he's only a point!!

i'm sorry but garnett to me is better, he took his team to the playoffs pretty far for one person, that yr, when troy hudson was killing the three's..just a reminder

that kevin garnett for his own team does everything, i like duncan but he had david robinson to guide him..and he has good players on his team...and i like wade too, but it's no longer about 'like' it's who deserves to be on there.

Jaylaani   

You’re right AI isn’t a true point guard but he is a GUARD who can handle and dish. That is the position he plays in the ALL STAR game that is why I picked him. There is no way you can leave AI out of your NEW SCHOOL list. That is just not possible. If this guy was 3 inches taller people would say Michael who?

I agree Jason Kidd is a true point guard with a shooting guard body but no JUMP shot. I never thought he was a super star. His triple double is way over rated. He gets with 11 points with 30% shooting on the floor. He is what he is ..a good point guard that can control the flow of the game with his passing ability but I wouldn’t put the ball in his hands when the game is on the line.

KG made it out of the first round once just because Sprewell (not sure the spelling) and Cassel. I don’t know where the love people have for this guy came from. He virtually disappears in the fourth quarter every big game in the play off. Tim Duncan on the other hand made the Spurs for what they are. I don’t Think OLD and TIRE Robinson has anything to do with his development. He, Tim Duncan, actually gave Robinson the best gift in his career, a championship ring. He was MR. Fundamental out of college and he still plays the same way.

I pick Isiah just because he was everything the pistons were. The best little man ever. Magic play with Worthy and Kareem, both hall of famers. Not to mention Cooper, Byron Scot and others. Actually he never won any championship since Kareem retire in 88. The Lakers were more of a Kareem’s team than Magic.

BTW, How good is LeBron So far...?

my ol skool team would be:

PG:Magic Johnson

SG:Jordan

SF:Nique

PF:Bird

C:Rony Seikaly ahaha kiddin y'all i gotta go wit Kareem

Modern Team:

PG:Steve Nash

SG:Dwyane Wade

SF:Lebron James

PF:Tim Duncan

C:Shaquille O'neal

I am sure you guys heard the trade demand about AI and one of the teams that he like to play for is the Twolves..are you serious? K.G and AI on same team c'mon, minnesota better be do everything to get this guy but knowing K.Mchale and how tight he is on spending and upgrading the team i doubt he will get it done..Please make this move.

this is how i would've done this trade..Minnesota gets

3094.jpg4144.jpg

Philly gets

3428.jpg4135.jpg3539.jpg3940.jpg3235.jpg3429.jpg

Let's get it done..i am willing to unload 6players for AI.

jaylani you crazy man lol. How can you say Jason Kidd's triple double is overrated, last night, at his age, 38 pts, 14 assists, 14 rebounds, with JUMPSHOTS and THREE BALLS as well just to add. AI is excellent but don't even say if three inches taller, ppl would say Michael who..because there will never be another Michael Jordan sxb, thats what ppl don't get. If AI was three inches taller i doubt he would be as good as a ball handler, quickness, when he does those football slips and gets right back up with dribbling, at 5'11 without shoes i think this is his best format, he is right behind MJ for career scoring ppg. AI is good with his size sxb. Why would you say, i would not put the ball in the hands of JKidd when you have all star shooting guards already on your team??? i think your comparison on AI and Jkidd, according to who you would rely on the game winner was a weak example. Anyways, i will again say Kevin Garnett helped carry the wolves man, sprewell was off that year totally, don't even give me that man. Cassell is always Cassell. David Robinson is amond the best 50 players in history and your telling me, he had nothing to do with Duncan's growth?? man, do you even watch ball, ruunti? KG is the ultimate man, for example fantasy games or what not, just in general, the best consisten player is KG, he will always give you solid stats night in and night out. Duncan is fundamentals, i watched him right through wakeforest sxb, but i'm not sure if you stay updated but charles, and Scottie pippen once said, they would rather have KG, point blank!

As far as Isiah, he was my boy, but sxb he had dumars, dennis rodman, bill lambeer, and that other guard who played behind dumars, who was an excellent player. sxb detroit was packed as well...magic as a rookie started the nba finals and scored 42 pts, are you kidding me, at 6'9 and passing out balls like that, ask anybody, magic is the best point guard since now, isiah is not even close to it man, believe that, everybody wanna be like magic, how you figure he gets some many comparisons like MJ..neways im out, but thats that!

Jaylaani   

Just,

I respect you opinion but I don’t agree with you.

I think we can agree to disagree…lets move on.

AI demanded for a trade and the AI sweepstake is bigger than the cheese stake in South Philly.

Personally, I think he made a great decision in asking for a trade and going out in his terms. Obviously he's putting the Sixers in a position where they have to unload him and get nothing in return. As a matter of fact they deserve it. They were shopping for him for the last three years if not more and each time it was he AI, who was willing to stay regardless. This time he's calling the shots and they better be ready for the reaction of the Philly fans when he is gone. Sixers are repeating the same mistake they made when they traded Charles Barkley for role players.

Below is what the Steven A Smith of the Philadelphia inquirer thinks about this potential trade and who will get AI. It doesn't look good for the Sixers. Chicago is the only deal that makes sense for the Sixers and Dallas is the only contender with a hope of a championship ring.

Bulls: Chicago could send the expiring contracts of forwards P.J. Brown and Michael Sweetney, with guard Ben Gordon and a first-round pick to Philly for Iverson. Their brass will meet today but appear unlikely to make such a move.

Dallas: The Mavs could send the expiring contracts of Jerry Stackhouse and Austin Croshere, along with point guard Devin Harris. Problem? Owner Mark Cuban loves Harris and doesn't want any debate as to whether it will be Dirk Nowitzki's team.

Boston: Coach Doc Rivers is willing to surrender anyone other than Paul Pierce for Iverson. That includes Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair and forward Al Jefferson, if necessary. But Danny Ainge is running the show, and it's unclear what he'll be willing to do. Plus, Wally Szczerbiak or Theo Ratliff would have to come to Philly in order to make a deal work.

Golden State: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Troy Murphy or Jason Richardson would have to come to Philly to make a deal happen, but the Sixers would love to get their hands on Monta Ellis. The Warriors say they're not about to part with Ellis, but everyone talks that nonsense before a deal gets done.

Timberwolves: They barely have anyone the Sixers want, outside of Villanova product Randy Foye. Minnesota swears it's not about to let him go. We'll see.

Clippers:The Sixers shouldn't even talk to them unless they're willing to part with Corey Maggette and Shaun Livingston, which they are not willing to do.

Grizzlies: Eddie Jones' expiring contract is about the only asset the Grizzlies have to offer. Mike Fratello's toupee will fall off trying to coach Iverson.

Kings: Mike Bibby is owed $28 million over the final two years of his contract, but rumors have swirled he could opt out. Plus, Ron Artest loves Iverson. A long shot, of course, but you never know with the Kings' owners, the Maloof brothers.

Of course, there is always the possibility of multi-team deals, or a remote possibility that Iverson could be bought out of his contract. But that's venturing into the absurd, especially for a franchise with a few employees holding on by the skin of their teeth.

In time, we'll know where Iverson's going and what the Sixers have gotten for him.

Save the hostility for then. Not now.

Play,

Rodney won’t be included in any trade deal with AI. He and Andre will be the face of this franchise. Minnesota with Kevin Garnet will be good spot for him but I don’t think The Wolves have anything to offer. These guys you put forth are role players and journeymen. What the Sixers want is expiring contracts and LOTTERY draft picks.

I will be a fan for AI no matter where he goes except the Lakers of course. Denver will be ideal place for him with a big point guard like Andre Miller by his side and I love that white, blue and gold uniform of the Nuggets.

Brotha, you are the one who said...

I'm just using what I here or see..so cut a brotha some slack will ya

How do you expect me to believe that you remember stuff that happened when you were in grade 2, when you don't even have opinions on your own, instead report hear say all the time.

As far as the Iverson fiasco goes, the bulls trade is the only thing that makes sense for both parties....but only if they are willing to deal with an eastern conference team. All other teams is a no go, not unless they really are digging a hole for either sides.

The trade request from Iverson isn't what surprised me, but being compared to Carter situation and his last days as a raptor was a shocker.

EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT CARTER WAS NOT WILLING TO CO-OPERATE, UNLESS THEY DEALT HIM. HE WAS UNPROFESSIONAL, AMONG OTHER THINGS, BUT AI HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT LOYAL TO PHILADELPHIA, PLAYED THROUGH ALL SORTS OF INJURIES AND FOR SOMEONE TO SAY DON'T BOTHER SHOWING UP AND DONT COME BACK THE GAME AFTER, BECAUSE OF WHAT? HE WAS WILLING TO CONTINUE TO PLAY THROUGH INJURIES AND HELP OUT HIS TEAM, AND FOR THEM TO GIVE HIM THE BOOT?

What's the real story here, how did it get this ugly? What was the turning point for AI? For someone to tell him not to come play after 11 yrs of playing through injuries? Unbelievable....and you compare him to CarteR

As far as this talk of KG wanting AI, its a fantasy. Chances of KG and AI being successful in a very short period of time, is highly unlikely.

Lets face it, time is of the essence for both players, and the time it will take to build a core support group among them to win a title or two is like me hoping to get The Audio A8 before Jan/07 for me. Chances are not good with wolves.

Philadelphia has to do what makes sense for this team, and frankly, dealing out of pressure isn't so smart, but you never know with Billy King. (He needs to be shown the exit as well)

Jay, you are right, sixers had it coming for sometime now. They deserve in saan iyo mid kale oo kadaran lagu sameeyo wey istaahilaan.

I believe the best thing for this team right now is to be careful not to act on a trade this soon, wait a week, maybe couple of weeks, play out all your options.

As far as my Top 5 Old School Dream Team Squad is concerned, this is how it goes...

I would go with Ewing,Malone,Pippen,MJ,Stockton.

Yes, I will pick EWING over Hakeem anyday, without taking anything from Hakeem. To me, Ewing was the don't mess with me man in the middle, I watched him through the Pacer and Heat rivalries, I stood cheering for him then, and I wouldn't forget to include him on my old school dream squad.

To me, New School means grant Hill has to be included in any new school, and forget all the years that was robbed off him, that wasn't his doing... Jay knows how much I adore Hill, therefore this is how my New School Dream team squad goes...

Shaq, Duncan, Hill, Iverson,J-Kidd. (mind u, if and when hill retires, which won't be much longer, that place will be taken by Lebron James)

I know minnesota don't have much to offer in AI trade but how about this thou jay..I know philly will love have their hometown boy so minnesota will give up Randy Foye, Ricky davis and first round pick..but the problem may be MN will go over the salary Cap so you throw Mike James contract which Philly could use anyway..Bottom line is minnesota needs to get this deal done whatever it takes, this is once in a life time chance and they have nothing to loose but to try it and GET IT DONE ..KG interview on the local TV was the funniest thing, the Dude was so excited about the possibilty of getting AI , they had to censor his words. It was bleeep..AI cmon n!ggaa...Hey K/Mchale bring that niggaa here..

Bottom line is minnesota needs to get this deal done whatever it takes, this is once in a life time chance and they have nothing to loose but to try it and GET IT DONE

Getting it done isn't enough. This trade would sure set back the wolves by atleast a season before they have the supporting role to support these superstars. I love KG, and AI and I want nothing more than seing them win a title, but every two punch had role players, look at the old lakers, celtics, pistons, look at the new lakers with shaq, the heat with shaq, the Spurs should be a good example. The houston rockets had role players...

The truth is, two superstars can't get it done, not unless you got phil jackson, maybe he can pull a miracle...Bottom line is, this trade for IVERSON to wolves is doomed....and if only you could open your eyes long enough to stop dreaming Title and parade in Downtown MN, you would see it my way.

I never thought he was a super star. His triple double is way over rated

I disagree, Kidd is indeed a superstar. His shooting isn't something to be desired for, but that isn't his job to begin with, Kidd is now to me what Magic was to his era. Kidd has an amazing vision on the court, he can see plays before they even happen, and he is one of few players who isnt afraid to make a decision that could possibly impact the game. For instance, he will attempt to make 3-4 3's, and not make one, but will take that 4 or 5th shot while the game is on the line and would make or break the game.

layzie u are lazie, if your gonna bother to quote me on something, atleast get it right, and focus on eye point, i said, i haven't watched ball this yr, as of yet, therefore i judge on what i hear or what is see here and there. as far as ol skool ball, young gurl thats all in me, end of the chitter chatter.

as far as AI trade, you know what i believe, the only team that would fit him best is sacramento for mike bibby and maybe somebody else. He can run the point in sacramento with his homeboy artest and yet things will work out. i dont' see AI going anywhere else, some teams, have superstars they don't wanna trade or they don't have anyone to give up for. and yea thx for backing me up on J Kidd, j kidd was the mentor for payton man, oregan men, so don't even try to take anything away from J kidd! j kidd is a tru leader, he put carter straight and he dont play that, he respected.

Jaylaani   

Yeah Kidd for president. He needs to get out of the basement of the Easters conference before you can compare him to Magic Johnson. That is all I have to say about OVER RATED Kidd. How many times was he traded against his will?

Play,

The Sixers would love have Randy Foye but the salary issue is a huge factor. Randy is under rookie contract about 2.5 mill per and AI is making over 17 mill. According to the collective bargaining agreement, players have to make within 15% of their base salary. In other words, the Sixers have to take back close to 15 million dollars worth of salary in order for them to make such deal and they don’t want Ricky Davis, Hudson or Mike James. There has to a third team involved or it won't work.

Layzie,

I hope they don't get any one good in return. The Sixers disrespected this guy time after time. Since Pat Groce left, there was a dark cloud over his head. They never put decent team around him. Yet, he made them one of the most profitable teams national and abroad. Like I said before, I’m glad he is calling the shots and going out in his own terms. If they sent him bad asz team, he has the luxury to sit out and not to play for that team. Same thing Alonzo Mourning did when he was traded to Toronto. Plus who ever is taking him must be sure the guy is satisfied and happy to play for them or they won’t make the deal. Unlike the NFL, the NBA is players league and they have a lot of leverage.

The bottom line is, they won't get the face value of AI period. Teams know this guy have to be moved and they will offer peanuts not stars, rightfully so.

Only if you could see the Wachovia Center last night. I don’t think there were more than 5000 people there.

Are you still gonna rule for this team or what? I think as long as they have Webber I would rule for them but after that…who knows. I guess Andre have to win me over.

P.S. I was the ultimate fan of Ewing but I also knew he wasn't as good as Hakeem "The Dream".

Isiah was my favorite player of all time but I also knew he wasn't as good as MJ...see my point!

BTW, Why do you hate Carter so much?

RedSea   

Hey All,

The Spurs are the team to beat in the west,their great coaching stuff as well as their great players are still on the roster.The eastern conference is bit of a mess,especially considering that teams that are barely over .500 making the playoffs,but the Heat is my team,I like Dwayne Wade,personally I think he is the best player in the league as it stands,sports illustrated just named him,player of the year,his talent and his big game performance is absulately redicolous.

I am what they call fair weather fan,the T-wolves use to be good few years back but just in time every body was getting excited,they dismantled the team,darn it.

Over all,the NBA is just on downward spiral,specially the western conference isn't as competitive as it use to be,Lakers,Blazers,T-wolves,Kings,Jazz,all use to be powerhouses,not anymore,which gives NBA fans not much to look forward to.

good day,

I disagree with you Mr Red sea, i think phoenix, Dallas and Lakers are all better than the spurs right now..Phoenix is the hottest team in the NBA and it seems stoudamire is back to the player he was two yrs ago when he dominated Tim Duncan in the playoffs..

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Mr.Red Sea:

Hey All,

The Spurs are the team to beat in the west,their great coaching stuff as well as their great players are still on the roster.

good day,

Red Sea,

I will never go against the Spurs. They are great PLAYOFFS team.

Play,

Since when did the Lakers become a powerhouse in the west? They are very exciting team to watch but they're not as good as the Spurs, The Suns or The Mavericks. Lets be real man.