Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

What’s on the reconciliation dirin?

Ms DD   

Calm down Baashi. Is tarttibi duqyahow oo wax yar shaah cab.

The thing is those who think that we are "resident fence sitters also known as sympathisers" should really get off the warmongering horse and see the reality for what it is. My mom's cousin has 5 kids and her husband (who wasnt a combatant) was killed by Ethiopia's tank. She is a teacher and she even doesnt have the security to go out for her livelihood. She is stuck in her little room and scared sh*tless for herself and kids. If it wasnt for us, they would have starved to death. Most of her neighbours arent so lucky. I have uncles there too and they hate the TFG and for what they have done to their houses but they still want peace and security no matter who is in charge the country. It really cant get any worse than it did in the last 16 years. I didnt see anyone making a squeek when the country was in anarchy (prior to ICU rule). In prior to ICu, the country was still getting by and there wasnt as much casualty as there is now.

Is there anything more contemptible then these armchair commandos cheering and encouraging wars -then expressing bogus horror at the results.

Mind you very easy to be brave from the living room.

Baashi, lool@ why doesn’t Sh Shareef make up with Gheedi. But I am pretty sure it has EVERYTHING to do with their political afflitiation(temporary or permanent) :D

Ms D & D, walaal everyone wants peace but realistically speaking, given the current environment, where former warlords are back to there former fiefdoms, the chances of that happening is none to zero. The never coming reconciliation meeting will not happen in such a combative environment.

Let me ask you this directly: Will Sh. Shareef,the shabaabs & the disgruntled clan members or anyone carrying the resistance, stop fighting if for instance I, cyber jihads calls for "peace"? Lets be real here people,Irrespective of what I think of,there people on the GROUND who have vowed to revenge, fight and kill the occupiers & collaborators or anyone sympathising with thehm. It doenst look like it will change soon as long as the environment remains the same.

There is nothing wrong with anyone voicing an opinion on the actions taken against the collobrators if one sympathises with such actions.

Fact: As long as there Ethiopian boots in Mog,Yussuf/Ghedi and the flock of warlords are running the show & Uncle Sam meddling and labeling Somali leaders as terrorists, there wont be a realistic peaceful solution. This is the position of the people fighting on the ground, it has nothing to do with any keyboard commandoism,Period!!

Emperor   

Baashi:

Camel Boy,

What ya know about realist yaa geel jire fawqal geel jire? Realist examines the situation and doesn’t go for fishing when hurricane Katrina is in the offing!!! Over forty thousand Tigre strong supplemented by seven thousand clan militia supplied and supported by the most power full nation in a divided clan crippled society is what you are dealing with awoowe!

The issues you are dismissing are the core Somali issues. If Sherrif can make up with Inna Aideed tell me why f* he doesn’t deal with Geddi? Is that directive in Wasaa faat…don’t f** get my nerve ****** ***** ******* ah! Waa la dirriraa bay maqleen…war maatada ha laynina.

^ :D War Oday Baashe ayay Ka caraysiiyeen... Awoowe Sorry oo Xaal qaado laakiin yaaba isgaaray, group-kale oo may be aan kamid ahay ayaa iyanna halkaan kugu sugaaya oo inay wixi ka horyimaada cagta mariyaan raba iyaga iyo Sxbadood, marka qancin iyo kadhaadhicin badan waa kusugaysaa waxaad haysid bal soo daa...

As for the topic, Good points you listed there Awoowe but I think most of it are only cosmetics and not necessarily dealing with the real problem on the ground. The only crucial point that need to be discussed and the main problem that has caused us into this anarchy clearly dwells with power sharing, clan power sharing...

This is the problem that has led to coup attempts, armed movements in the North during the republic haydays, the fall of Mogadishu in 91 and on wards the denial of any one leader from any clan by other clans. The main reason for today's SL seccession is this as I believe and not simply because of what the old and long forgotted regime and dictator did in the eighties or 70's. The root of the problem as I said has nothig to do with clan greivances, Islamists/religious or even properties these are smaller issues, we are all Somalis, Muslims and share the same view on anything and everthing outside world, all clans inter mix inter marry and feel at ease with one another but only get neck on neck when there is power to dictate and decission to make. Islamists in Somalia exist? UIC's men like Sheik Aways, Shariifka and indhacade used Islam to push their agenda, whateva that may be, I can in all my honest tell yuo that all Somalis, except few, have supported this movement because of clan while many many more Somalis opposed simply because they thought to be the revival of the USC and the fact that it gave too much power to only one group... Even if you look at the opposition and the supporters of the TFG which I believe to be more inclusive than UIC, you would be able to draw a distinct line and recognise where the problem lies....

Sxb halka ay sartu ka quruntay waa yaa hogaaminaya reerkan Somali ladhoho, qofkasta isaga inuu wax hogaamiyo waa rabaa laakiin madoonayo in lahogaamoyo...

Suurtagal matahay in Saddex madaxwayne amaba afar iyo shan hadaa doonto oo isku wada quwad ah in lasameeyo, waaba system cusub oo Somalia loo develop gareeyay habaladhahee... hadii kale sidee nin aan aniga ahayn ii xukumi karaa in la inaka dhaadhiciyi soo ma ahan .... Kolay halkaas ayaan dooda lamari lahaa

Baashow arimo kale waa jiraan Awoowe madhayalsanaayo sida Aanooyin iyo dhulal lakala haysto, laakiin dhibta ugu wayn ee Somali haysta unna kacday kana dagi la'adahay waas taas ayay ila tahay...

4.5 socon wayday kolay cid unbay Madaxwayne usoo dooranaysaa illeenee... Rag badan oo tartamay ayaa jiray iyagoo kuqanacsan system-kan laakiin markii danbe kabiyo diiday...why?

[ May 19, 2007, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

RedSea   

Originally posted by Baashi:

The issues you are dismissing are the core Somali issues. If Sherrif can make up with Inna Aideed tell me why f* he doesn’t deal with Geddi? Is that directive in
Wasaa faat
…don’t f** get my nerve ******* ***** *******! Waa la dirriraa bay maqleen…war maatada ha laynina.

I think you have some issues twisted here brother, and no I am not trying to add more fuel to raging fire.

Firstly Sh. Shariif Axmed reconciled with anyone, did it and is still doing it. He wants to and wanted to sit down with Geedi and Abdullahi Yusuf from the getgo when the TFG was in Baydhabo, and the UIC was the force to reckon in much of southern Somalia.

The now jobless Shariif Xasan, the TFG's parliamentary speaker use to go to Xamar frequently to meet up with UIC members for possible peace agreement between the TFG and the UIC.

So instead of getting overheated dear brother, how come Shariif Xasan gotten along with the UIC, though he was a member of the TFG and others like Geedi didn't?

I believe it's the TFG that is standing on the way of any possible peace being made among Somalis in Southern Somalia, simply because the power of influence is coming from Addis.

The TFG can stay, they can be whatever legit government they want to be, however they need to engage directly with their own people without much of outside influence if that happens, they will suceed if not, then I don't see much sucess on the horizon, and that is speaking from the reality on the ground, not some type of bravado.

BTW....people can have different opinions sir, so don't be so self rightous yourself, geeljire might be more closer to the truth than you are.

Emperor

As much as I respect one's right to let his mind go free, but I have to say, you have everything you wrong basically.

One important fact you need to understand is.

As far as Somaliland, mr. renegade said it best. Somaliland is a party that is well orginized, meel loogu soo hagaago ayey leeyihiin. Shabac, maamul iyo kala danbayn ayey leeyihiin. So it's really suprising that the corrupt TFG is planing on how to deal with Somaliland which has established itself as peaceful oasis, sorry but elevate and get to our level before we can even sit down and talk.

Secondly, you are accusing the USC or perhaps are making the assertion that UIC might have been the revival of the USC. The simple fact you failed to realize is that the current TFG police commander was a member of the USC, all the warlords such as Yalaxow, Qanyare etc...were the real trouble makers. So if anyone needed to be feard, it would be these thugs which is harbored by the TFG today, which itself is thug movment.

In addition, the UIC did consist more of one qabiil, however, look at the job they did, that should be a good example, unless you are only looking at the qabill identity which they belong, you should look at the job they did.

Regardless of how much the TFG is inclusive, one thing is clear it hasnt accomplish nearly or is even on the way to matching what the UIC did, which as you said was all exclusive movement of one qabiil. Well you do the thinking of which you would take, exclusive effective, peacemaking, angel with wings movement or inclusive piece of trash like the TFG.

[ May 19, 2007, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Fabregas   

Quote:I can in all my honest tell yuo that all Somalis, except few, have supported this movement because of clan while many many more Somalis opposed simply because they thought to be the revival of the USC

No, that is the way the clanish minded people think.

Fabregas   

@Baashi,which one of the following do deny:

1. Somaliland will not attend the reconcialition meeting. Nor will it recognise any decisions made in Muqdisho by the embaghati group?

2. Any one in armed opposition to the Ethiopian regime will not be allowed to attend the reconcialition meeting?

3. It is highly unlikely that any decision will be made to settle the Somaliland-Puntland border issue. Moreover, this issue can't be solved until the recognition issue of Somaliland and willingless to seccede is negotiated?

This is how i understood the rest of your points, correct me if am wrong.

1. Sheikh Shariff should negotiate with Geedi because he negotiated with Caydiid.

2. The resistance is like an ant fighting against a Tigray elephant. Moreover, they are waging a losing battle against a might army of 40 000 Tigrays. Thus any attempt it is making is futile and they should come to the reconciliation meeting, this will sort everything out?

3. Anyone who supports the right of Somalis to resist against the internationally and Islamically recognized illegal invasion of Somalia is a warmonger?

Again correct me if a wrong.

Emperor   

Stealth Sxb dooda waa kadhacsantahay! Waxa laga hadlaaya Shirkan maxaa agenda unoqon kara iyo maxaa Somali isku haystaa? sidee lagu heshisiin karaa? Adigana waxaa ila aaday Somaliland ayaa xaq leh iyo UIC ayaa fiicneed ama TFG-da saas ah... That is not on table in this thread

I have said nothing wrong against Somalialand neither UIC, only simply stated their support and opposition groups along with the TFG all being the same and rooted to power struggle between the clans, merely my view... What? You wanna tell me that reer Mogadishu(or LA) support Somaliland or perhaps Garowe cheered for Maxaakimta as they love the TFG... "Boowe aa latahay"...

Sxb lets talk about the truth, I, you and Geeljire represent three forms of Somali struggle, a nationalist, a seccessionist and an Islamisit/hardcore fundamentalist, and our great Baashi is trying his best to bring arms closer together, mediate and solve the problems, thats not as easy as it sounds and you are going even further to make it harder for him while I tried to be easy and deduced his long list to just one problem, the main problem as I believe... the Power Sharing one...

Regardless of how much the TFG is inclusive, one thing is clear it hasnt accomplish nearly or is even on the way to matching what the UIC did, which as you said was all exclusive movement of one qabiil. Well you do the thinking of which you would take, exclusive effective, peacemaking, angel with wings movement or inclusive piece of trash like the TFG.

Ugu danbaynti waxaan kugu soo gabagabaynayaa, maad maqashay "Tuugga reerkayga ayaa iiga fiican Sheekha reer Hebel" waa taas xaalada dhabta ah ee kajirta Somalia, fikirkyaga un weeye...

Think of why you love your clan fiefdom and so dearly support their leaders, because Sheekhyaal bay yihiin miyaa, Ayaa katuugsanna?

Fabregas   

I, you and Geeljire represent three forms of Somali struggle, a nationalist, a seccessionist and an Islamisit/hardcore fundamentalist

And who is the "hardcore Islamist fundmentalist"?

Give up now and fight another day! Says NGONGE. And good Baashi agrees. That’s a wise advice for those who have a plan for Somalia and can resist to be overtaken by the day-to-day events on the ground. Granted that it’s quite a low key in concept , but it’s a wining recommendation in execution!It's easier said than done, however! If you want to know why we are civil-war prone, look no further than this thread…

Cara.   

^Indeed.

Stealth, I'm curious. Would you have backed the UIC if they managed to subdue all of south Somalia and came knocking at Hargeisa's door?

RedSea   

Originally posted by Emperor:

Ugu danbaynti waxaan kugu soo gabagabaynayaa, maad maqashay "Tuugga reerkayga ayaa iiga fiican Sheekha reer Hebel" waa taas xaalada dhabta ah ee kajirta Somalia,
fikirkyaga un weeye...

That is my friend a qabiil mentality. Those who think like that are bound to fail, you know it well. I know you support ina Yey for clanish reasons, even in midst of the darkest days of Somali history which he and others have spearheaded. So in that quote or shall I say maah maah, you are only speaking for yourself and those kind that believe in such. I don't.

Think of why you love your clan fiefdom and so dearly support their leaders, because Sheekhyaal bay yihiin miyaa, Ayaa katuugsanna?

First of all, I dare you proof it where I have supported Riyaale Kahin or even my "closest" kin Faysal Cali Waraabe. Prove it. That assertion of your is simply an assumption from your behalf, and thus doesnt' apply to me.

As for as Somaliland which you refered as 'clan fiefdom'. I have to disagree with you on that. Somaliland doesnt' just contain one qabiil, nor is it even a sin to support your clan for any good doings, however when your clan does sinful things, you should oppose them. I stood against anyone of my "kinsmen" if they are wrong, and stood with them when they are wronged. What is wrong with that?

The story is very different in your book saaxib, you support ina Yey whether he is wrong or right, and quite honestly I don't remember ina Yey doing anything right since become a head of the TFG thug group.

Ps. There is no such thing as Islamist, fundamantelist, hardcore whatever.....how easy do you fall in love with Western perpatrated ideas adeero. :confused:

Cara

What for? did Hargeysa need rescuing from warlords, thugs etc..

If Hargeysa was just like Xamar and thugs, warlords were runing the street, stealing people' properties, then offcourse I would not only support it, but would put my money were my mouth is, so that they could rescue my city. And quite honestly, I wouldn't care which qabiil is doing it as long as my house is being cleaned for me.

However, Somaliland is peaceful, and the UIC were smart enough to know and would have not gone near Somaliland for the fact that peace could be disrupted.

Negotiations would be the next step and appriariate one in that case.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

And who is the "hardcore Islamist fundmentalist"?

Geeljire12 that would be you :D

dunno how he fitted you in there. But I think hardcore fundamentalist applies to those who surpass the 5 time prayer requirment. :D

Fabregas   

The funny thing is that he called you a seccionist and I a "hardcore fundementalist, whilst conveniently labeling himself a "nationalist". Before i dwelge into my ideological stance on the situation in Somalia. I ask our good friend Mr Emperor how I am a "hardcore Islamic fundementalist" and also the definition of what is a "hardcore" fundamentalist. Lastly, i challenge Mr Emperor to explain how is more or i am less of a Somali nationalist than him.

@Stealth, if opposing the illegal violation of my land, people and religion makes me a hardcore fundamentalist than Alxamdulilah I am proud to be one.

Originally posted by Cara:

^Indeed.

Stealth, I'm curious. Would you have backed the UIC if they managed to subdue all of south Somalia and came knocking at Hargeisa's door?

His love for the courts stops at the gates of Ari cadeey.

Cara.   

Originally posted by Stealth:

Cara

What for? did Hargeysa need rescuing from warlords, thugs etc..

If Hargeysa was just like Xamar and thugs, warlords were runing the street, stealing people' properties, then
offcourse
I would not only support it, but would put my money were my mouth is, so that they could rescue my city. And quite honestly,
I wouldn't care which qabiil is doing it as long as my house is being cleaned for me.

However, Somaliland is peaceful, and the UIC were smart enough to know and would have not gone near Somaliland for the fact that peace could be disrupted.

Negotiations would be the next step and appriariate one in that case.

Stealth, the UIC wasn't cleaning up Mogadishu when they attacked the TFG in Baidoa. You make it sound as if the UIC was busy rounding up thugs in Xamar and got invaded by the TFG forces! The UIC was NOT on a rescue mission since June 2006 saaxiib, and if you think SLand would not have been a target for Aweys and co. I would like to know what you put in your coffee.