Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

What’s on the reconciliation dirin?

Baashi   

^^Xiin can speak for himself. I Know he can. He is 100% for the reconciliation effort. He said so.

NGONGow, actually I am for it as long it’s genuine! Baashi knows it, and you know it too, and so does Castro, that we had enough of these perpetual wars. I want them to end. I want people to live in peace. At this point of Somali history I am for any tolerable government; something that works. But I want a sustainable peace, and not an ad-hoc arrangement that falls apart when these men leave the scene. And as always, I insist on human dignity hence I can never accept the illegal presence of Ethiopia on our soil. I know Baashi does not accept it either. But what’s proposed as a reconciliation conference smells like a sham gathering to legitimize this tfg, and no more than that!

Baashi   

Xiin awoowe waan caraabay. We agree on the big picture. We differ on the need to participate this one in its proposed format. I am for it. I think the opposition need to be represented in this one. They need to be there and challenge the TFG on many issues. My feeds are Uncle sam and Ethiopians are desperate for a way out and willing to compel TFG to compromise on many issues. Why not explore this route and see what happens? You know the hardlines in this TFG win hands down politically (nomad calculus that si) if the reconciliation effort fails. By default they keep their positions and get all the support the powers that be are willing to give to Somalia.

10. Somaliland – Puntland dispute (how to tackle the issue – explore the options - name ad-hoc committee drawn from nuetral and trusted statesmen to draft recommendation of how to proceed)

11. Somaliand secession issues (address their fears – give them incentives)

What are your suggestions old man? Give us some examples as to what kinds of incentives the Warlords are prepared to offer to the Democratic state?

Baashi   

^ :D @ democratic state. Good one Prince. I like ur style buddy.

The Somalis will offer your corner a deal they can't refuse. Come to the dirrin first. We'll talk.

NGONGE   

^^ Didn’t I tell you Xiin woo kaa xishoonayay?

He agrees in principle but then adds a caveat that renders his agreement totally pointless.

I choose to be honest about the whole thing and fully reject this reconciliation. The clear signs we see lead any sensible person to conclude that the TFG is not really interested in a full reconciliation. It seems like it wants to compel people to accept its judgments (with American/Ethiopian agreement or not)!

Look at the recent events and the actions of the TFG before attempting to sell us this reconciliation process. Why is a government interested in peace, agreement and understanding sack a powerful man such as Hiralle at this point in time?

This is not to sing the praises of the man or lament his sacking. I’m just trying to make sense of their reasons for taking such an action. With a reconciliation conference looming did they really want to upset the apple cart in such a way if they really were willing to make concessions and their ultimate aim was for a fair deal?

As you know, I’m not a keen follower of Somali politics and mostly don’t know the backgrounds of some fall-outs. It may transpire that the sacking of this colonel is going to be used as a carrot to entice some group or other (and it would make great sense then). But, since I have not seen such an idea mentioned by anyone on here I’d assume that it is nothing but wishful thinking on my part!

My next guess is pretty obvious and simple (which might mean its wrong). Seeing how the TFG humbled the capital and sacked some of its former warlord ministers, it does look to me like the old man (and his Prime Minster) have decided to pick off their enemies one-by-one. The plan seems to be working thus far and I don’t see a reconciliation process disrupting that.

Baashi   

Prince of Northwest,

Ya gotta show up at the dirin. Ya see the agenda is clear and the details are unknown. Together will dissect this issue now and here and hopefully come up a practical solution to this dispute. Waa ku sidee, So addigan ka hor dagay.

Saxarlaay ha fududaan,

Waan soo socdaa kow dheh,

Waxna waan sidaa..

Inna Mooge said it all if ya know what I mean.

Ngonge,

Putting Xiin aside, are you, in principle, for the Somalis solving its long standing dispute on the dirrin? Or are you for insurgency? What is ur take on how to go forward considering the positions of the contestants of this conflict?

I'll address all the points you raised after I get a feeling of where you stand on the issue.

NGONGE   

Baashi,

I’d love to see Somalis finally agreeing and living in peace but the cynic in me couldn’t picture such an outcome, not as a result of this conference anyway.

I’m a realist saaxib. I always try to back a winning horse and as such, today, I choose to ignore the entire reconciliation ruckus and deal with things as I see them. The dictator has the upper hand and he shall dictate. Those that accept this fact will be happily ‘reconciled’ and those that refuse shall be forced to accept. It’s an ugly xabash-assisted tsunami that will overwhelm all before it. To those resisting it I say: submit today: fight another day!

You know it’s the only way for Somalia to have any sort of peace.

Baashi   

Right there Ngonge...right there buddy! We are on the same page on this. I called it imperfect reconciliation and I am of the opinion that if the other side wise up and do lil politiking they might able to at least level the plain field. That's better than the suicidal approach the insutgency is banking on.

Kashafa   

To those resisting it I say: submit today: fight another day!

^ :D:D Also known as the Coward's mantra. Ar dadka isqancis badaanaa.

When is 'another day', bub ? Don't just spout meaningless rationalisations. 10 years ? 20 years ? 100 years ?

And once the conditions are ripe for fighting the good fight, years down the line, watch for the current 'nabadoons' say: " Whoa, don't stir up no fitnah NOW. You got a problem with Siad Barre 2.0 and the system ? Work with it, check this, from the inside. Change the system from within. Never heard of the Magical Somali Dirin and it's amazing revolutionary capabilty ? Try it. Talk to the Adeer(whatever Xabashi fag who's in power) and I promise you he won't send you to a nice vacation to Siberia. Trust me. He won't. Can't lose with the Dirinprocess"

Akhyaarta, wax-ba ha isku camirina sheekada. Ya'll know what time it is. Ya'll know too very well that if the Xabashi's are not fought today, to the bitter end, come what may come, then they will have an entrenched foothold(which they already do in SL, PL) in Somalia proper(so to speak). And then it's game over. Another century of Tikray domination. All because of spineless odayal who say something like: Live to fight another day.

Now, if somebody tells me "It's very easy to talk all gangsta like that from your ergonomic Samsung keyboard and you ain't that one suffering from the retaliation of the Tikray/TFG monster"......To that, I plead guilty. But it doesn't invalidate what I'm saying.

We're in the fight for our independence, akhyaarta. And the men and women who are waging it, no matter how small their numbers, no matter how weak their weaponry, deserve our full-fledged support and backing. At the very least.

Been yaala iska qadin and isqancis-ka(rationalisation) hala joojiyo.

P.S.: btw, The dirin reconcilliation idea is great and one which I whole-heartedly support.....................................................................................................................................................right after the last stinkin' Xabashi soldier is leaves thanks to an ever-increasing body-count.

We'll sit down then and do the talking on the dirin then.

Ms DD   

Horta, I wont come to the dirin until bun la isoo dhigo smile.gif

Joking aside, I disagree with this notion of fighting with the Tigree to death or till they flee. Never gonna happen as long as they have Uncle Sam onside. Look at what is happening with Afghanistan and Iraq..no one knew that it was gonna last this long. We dont want the same level of casualties. We have suffered enough. I say let sit down and arrimaha lakala dhigo. That is our only hope. Lets not underestimate the power of dialogue. It can help enemies talk constructively across the issues that divide them.

The people of Muqdishu (at least those I speak to) need this. They want peace and a chance to feed their families. And here we are..having this gung-ho attitude behind our screens...oh how brave we are.

Kashafa   

ook at what is happening with Afghanistan and Iraq..
no one knew that it was gonna last this long

Thank you very much. You just invalidated ur whole argument there, DD :D

Check it: 6 years(longer than WWII) after the invasion of Afghanistan and 4 years(longer than WWI) after the invasion of Iraq, where does the Bush-Man and the 'Change the face of the Middle East" Neocons find themselves ?

Well, let's see. In Afghanistan, the human-flesh eating Taliban are stronger than ever. They call the shots in large swathes all across the country and are even more popular than they were. Karzai has been reduced to an ineffictive figurehead. An Afghan guy told me they call him the Mayorof Kabul. So much for military might, eh ?

In Iraq, the Bush administration is banging heads together, begging for a way out of this mess, while still saving face. Won't happen and most analysts say the vaunted American military machine will eventually be forced out due to political considerations with it's tail behind it's back. Kinda like Vietnam, only worse. Much much worse. Not my words, these is what the mainstream media and analysts are saying.

So, DD, can you now see how you're perpetuating a defeatist myth with your 'Ethos won't leave...can't be defeated' talk ?

If the Vietnamese humbled 4 US presidents and forced them leave, please tell me, why can't we do the same to the Xabash ? What's that ? Do I hear you say "we're not united, only a small portion of the Somalis are doing the fighting, they face overwhelming odds, they can't possibly win"

Two words will shut that line of thought down immediately: Viet Cong

Cara.   

1 million VC, anywhere from 2-5 million Vietnamese civilians and comparatively few US troops died in the Vietnam War. It may have been humbling for the US, but it was catastrophic for Vietnam. Raising the specter of Vietnam is a scare tactic in the US, but not particularly inspirational for anyone else methinks.