Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

‘Sorry Sweetheart, Here’s a New Wife’

Buuxo   

Lool abwaan it's unlikely he would reject the offer and if he did mid aan dhokhiisa aheen baa la siiyey.

Nephissa   

War heedhe beenta ha isugu nacamlaynina. Tis hard enough finding a decent Farax adoo single ah, adoo used goods :D ah-na warkeedaba daa! Markaa maxaa talo ah. No wonder we live in a disposable world everything is easy to replace even people but not good men. :D

God forbid( :D ) if my Farax where to take another wife, I'd be the first to iron his wedding tuxedo.

PS. Keyf, alot changed since you last saw me. ;)

-Lily-   

Well everything that I was going to say has been said by Ghanima. Just to add though Ghanima, marriage is a union entered by free will so that it adds to the quality of your life, it’s not an institution where by one person can threaten another to stay (you said about the man being scared to remarry because of the wife).

Miss D&D,

Are you sure you’re not just having a bad day? On a serious note, I respect your honesty and by all means some women are perfectly all right with a shared situation. But for those who aren’t, they should have a dignified way of coming out of it without being subjected to humiliation, emotional turmoil and psychological breakdown. Somali women have been raised to believe that they are nothing without a man. As if they never existed before marriage. A man is a bonus, he is not a life requirement nor do you need one to survive otherwise single girls, single mothers and widows as well as spinsters would have been in a dire situation indeed.

As for sisters not meeting men, this is not an exclusively Somali problem, life is so hectic nowadays that there might not be many opportunities that arise to meet potential future partners. Besides, Gurka wa calaf.

p.s. LooooL@ Nephthys, clearly you don’t live in London. Women with 10 kids, no grandmothers are not only getting remarried they are having hotter wedding parties than the singletons of this world. By the way, waan ku faraxsanaha they way you cam round to accepting Sharedhood. icon_razz.gif

Buuxo   

Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

Ta iyada ha ku daalin, ma jiro nin la mid ah ninkii hore e, maad qal, maah maahda gabarta carabeed ee tidhi, Wa Ma Al xubu ila xabiib al awal: ma jacayl kala jira kii xaajiga hore mooyaane.
:D

She should say aakhirka danbe, waar bal guurso waxaad guursanyso maxaa inoo dan ah

Maahmaah naag carbeed ima qooyso saxib, mid somali hooyoyin tiriyeen ii sheeg bal.you are right ,there might not be one like him but i wasn't suggesting you look for a clone, ani mid ka fiican baan daydayi laha.and this is not hard to do, sidi kii hore looso xareeye baa kadambe loo xareen ;) .Miyaan ka liita,anaaba is guduudin karo.

Ibtisam   

Lily As north would say "qaadow" meaning you've nailed it :D

My comment about him being scared was suppose to illustrate the absurdity for running ahead of him in arranging his second marriage (i.e. It is as bad as keeping him in chains) I guess I did not express that probably.

A man is a bonus, ( hear hear girls not your soul reason for existing in this world, nor even a requirement, so you do not need to be a doormat or live in psychological and emotional torture if the situation is working against you. Nor should you have to degrade yourself as a respectable mother to squabble over a man who does not even respect you enough to discus big plans such as a second wife before getting married.

-Lily-   

FB, What's that got to do with anything? smile.gif Even though I'm not married I can still have an opinion on what marriage should be like.

Malika   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

War heedhe beenta ha isugu nacamlaynina. Tis hard enough finding a decent Farax adoo single ah, adoo used goods
ah-na warkeedaba daa! Markaa maxaa talo ah. No wonder we live in a disposable world everything is easy to replace even people but not good men.

Lol@used goods aa, bisinkaa! Darn girl!, had you been spending time with Rudy of lately? Lol

MsDh&Dh, The man didnt tell his wife,he had the intention of marrying another woman,surely that isnt acceptable even in Islam.As for the much investment this woman had done,surely the benefits of it didnt match that investment if he betrayed her.If there is lack of respect,consideration, what kinda of marriage is that to hold on to?..

Ghanima,Lily...hear hear hear! ;)

Originally posted by -Lily-:

FB, What's that got to do with anything?
smile.gif
Even though I'm not married I can still have an opinion on what marriage should be like.

Yes,You have an opinion & rightfully so. Although my question had nothing to do with the topic smile.gif

Lol@used goods aa, bisinkaa! Darn girl!, had you been spending time with Rudy of lately? Lol

Before,she got married,She & Rudy were like THIS

Ms DD   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

smile.gif
Even though I'm not married I can still have an opinion on what marriage should be like.

Are you blind woman! Cant you see when someone is hitting on ya? smile.gif

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

quote:Originally posted by -Lily-:

smile.gif

Are you blind woman! Cant you see when someone is hitting on ya?
smile.gif
ME? Hitting on Lily? I cant do that,Its against my religion :D

Technically speaking in Islam men do not have to notify the first wife if he wishes to take on another. However, I believe this falls back to common curtisy.

Lily girl very well said!

Mrs double DD...My thoughts of you and everything marital would make my opinion bias lol.

on a serious note though Islam allows this. Many people practice it. If a man is giving the women involved all there rights and is equal to them then there is no problem and we should not look down upon people who practice it. Our beloved prophet did right. Comes down to choice. We are entitled to choose. I would rather not be in such a situation. That is my choice. I think the main thing to understand in this discussion is the feelings of the parties involved. Like some one mentioned previously, different strokes for different folks right?

Originally posted by Sophistafuncated:

LoL FB it's not against you religion if it is say...a means to an end. End being marriage that is lol.

Correct!, And i dont see any end to this,I have no intention of marrying Lily & if it were,she has clearly stated(catagorically)that she will never ever share a man. That Disqualifies me automatically. icon_razz.gif