Sign in to follow this  
J.Lee

Compliments

LoooooooooL. Oh my Lord! What a pick-up line Zafir. Lugo Faras (is this supposed to signify length? strength? or sprinting power?)? Qalin biire (meanin = stick thin? blue-faced?)? :D:D:D:D

J.Lee   

Turkish fighter: Lol why are you acting like the "running" was a voluntary action? :D

Zafir: Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if a man were to say the same thing to your mother when she was a gabadh?

Friday: Why should I care about being polite when their appraisal is impolite to begin with?

^^^^ LoooL Jimca Lee...Com'on are you sayin that if a Farax sees you..and he thinks to himself that "she is a sizzling faaraxad (aka xaliimo)" is a bad thing?.

Are you against insincere compliments or all compliments?

I tell you if it is sleazy then of course by all means "Huruuf them" but if a sincere person who is impressed by you says "ooh you are smart" or "You Hot" what is the harm?

On the other hand, surely you expect your farax (hubby) to say good things about you whether you are present or not, whether it is to you directly about your body, intelligence, ability and so on.

You just cant dismiss compliments "it is feel good factor" that is why ppl say "thank you"...or teacher reward their students.

^^^ I feel like I have slightly moved away from the topic... what was the topic about again?

rewards or compliments? aren't compliments a reward of some sort? ooh well dont make me start

BTW.. You are HOT @ Jimca Lee he ehe he

Cheers

zafir! u hitted on the head bro! thats why i stopped complimenting ladies at all...!

well at least in la, we say hey u lost tons of wt!! then u will see those eyes go blink blink like jupiter hit her on the head!! lool..

but also, i havent come across any faraax who plays that u look cute card!! well at least in not my neighborhood. we just go with the flow!!

i might say she got good this that, but thats all u getting ladies!! like this video some 1 hocked me up with... she was a hooder!!

oh boy! This is like catch 22! If thats the case Jimca the title of your post should have been "rude comments", which is a whole different ball game! Ofcouse, you have every right to be abrubt. But i hope you can appreciate the difference.

Originally posted by Zafir:

Me
: Yarta, abaayo Jir mac ah aa kugu yaalo, dib dey, xabad dey, lugo faras aa ku saaran. abooyo macaan qalin biire maa laguu sameeyey?

Somali gal
: Kaniis, aabahaa @@@, maxaa ii maleeysay, waxaan anshax laheen aa tahay.

Yaabka ma ila aregteen, gacan eeba gaartay. hada walaalayaaloow maxaa ka qaldan sheekadaan.

Ani maa waalan? Idinka ii sheega dadoow.

Zafir, ciyaala suuq waaxid. Jir mac ah? Lugo faras? That's suppose to be a compliment? Weyba fiicnayd hadey kula dhicin boorsadeeda. Why does everything sound triple yaq-yaqsi in Somali? Even simple compliments (not that urs was simple) can come across as perverted.

I would have given you a bloody nose for sure.

Chocolate & Honey,

LoL...that's terrible. At least he didn't wag his tongue at you, eh?

Adeer, have to be honest with ya....all the people who have called you beautiful or paid you any other compliment ii soo refer garee. How dare they put such thoughts in your head when your mental state is too fragile to handle such lies. I want names, numbers and addresses...

icon_razz.gif

Je badine, toutes les filles dans la famille suis béni avec la beauté

J.Lee   

^Lol. Adeer beenta maxaa kugu kalifay? Why why why, must you molest my confidence? :( as for the second part, afka caano iyo malab lagu gu shub, walee been maa sheegin.

LOZ: First. I could care less if he thinks it; I would rather like it better if he didn't share it. Second. I don't hate all compliments( :D ), just those from imperfect strangers (I thought it was implied) for example picture walking down the street and you hear this: Girl, you look so good, you make me wish I was the skirt you are wearing.( :confused: ) would you say thank you? Third. as for ninkaa guursado not only do I expect it of him, I demand it.

B.T.W

Yur.

Faheema.   

Generally, I politely smile and say Thank you and move on....But the ones that give me the creeps are those who just stare without blinking....with that perverted look in their eyes… :mad:

Zafir   

Jimca lee , Lets spicy it up a pit, shall we; let’s say that man who complimented my mother of her physical appearance, was your dad in his prime time. Now the question is, how do I feel about it? To be honest I wanna kick your dad’s **** (no, am only kidding). Seriously though, I sincerely wouldn’t care, she wasn’t my mother then. She was single women. :D

In all honestly, I really didn’t see the relevance in your question as to why we shouldn’t compliment women.

Curling waterfall , LooL I ment all of the above. She was a thick gal. :D:D

Ahura , that’s the Somali language for you, But I would say let’s not look at the negativity side of it, its purpose to make you feel better about your self aint it? Jir mac ah should equal to, sweet melody to one’s ears. Dib Qatar ah should equal to, your blessed with yikiri yank. :D:D

LoL @ purpose is to make you feel better about yourself. Ha Ha Ha.

The purpose is to make you feel like a piece of prime leg of lamb (or horse in this case).

I'm sure you can say 'you're beautiful' in a nice way.

Go on...try it.

^^^LoooL @ Lamb... for some strange reason I remembered the Movie "My fat Greek Wedding" when he says he is vegeterian the untie replies" Ooh Good..I will cook lamb for you then" :D

Dont ask me why it has triggered the memory!!

Cheers

Originally posted by Jimca Lee:

Second. I don't hate all compliments(
:D
),

Why didn't you say so then! Your maiden post gave an air of unconditional contempt for compliments in general. Good to see you're getting your senses back. You had me worried for a bit.

In the light of your clarification, I heap an overload of compliments on you!

SB,

Imperfectly imperfect stranger!