Sign in to follow this  
J.Lee

Compliments

Fact 1: People with average looks and intellect recieve compliments; those who are beautiful & smart leave one speechless.

LMAO@YOU, woman, you better tell me who has been filling your head with those lies.

I love it when folks shower me with compliments, I'm not too bothered by it; as long as I am not expected to compliment them back by faking it. I can't be bothered to say, "Thank you, you look nice/cute/pretty 2" when in reality she/he looks like a zombie, na mean? I never compliment anyone, and I am not about to start.

PS:What I find odd is when other females compliment my appearence/looks, talk about an awkward moment.

Mowgli   

Yes yes... other sisters complimenting each other on their looks is the most uncomfortable situation, so here is a story...let me just say this did not happen to me, but a friend..

So my friend goes into the local takeaway before she heads home...in there are some arab girls she has seen at the mosque...the dialogue goes

Arab lady: salaams sister how are you?

My friend: w's alhamdullilah, i'm good and how are you guys doing?

Arab ladies: Alhumdulilah

*idle chitchat continues*

Arab lady 1: You know sister mashaAllah you are really beautiful

*insert awkward silence*

My friend: Thanks....erm you have a really nice teeth

*awkward silence 2...Arab ladies look at each other*

Arab lady 2: Those aren't....her real teeth...she had an accident a while back...

*insert the mother of all awkward silences*

My friend : erm...I'm sorry to hear that *runs for exit*

Of course my friend wax walaan waye, I mean who compliments folks on their ilko??

Ibtisam   

:D:D:D i guess she had really nice ones that stood out, and now we know why, they were paid for.

in general i think it is easy for girls to compliment each other, than a guy in track suits, and dirty trainers, and then they think your rude for not returning the compliment, but you really can't think of anything that looks "nice" :rolleyes:

LoL @ Idil...strange encounters of the third kind, eh? :D

I often get complimented on my accessories by other girls and I usually tend to do the same - i.e. compliment others on clothing, shoes etc. I think that's normal. Also, some women have such a fantastic sense of personal style that only a churlish person would refrain from giving them their due.

These days, I find myself effervescently enthusing over other people's handbags. I can't help myself...if I see a gorgeous bag, I must say something to the owner. :cool:

I just helped a bloke out with something. Another bloke looking in says, 'Not just a pretty face', when I worked out what neither could do.

I AM NOT AMUSED.

^ Those nice shoes have to be put to good use. ;)

So do yours. :D

These boots were made for walking. I'll tell u what they'll do, one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.

Or something. Whose song is that?

muunad   

Originally posted by Jimca Lee:

A compliment given in regard to looks never appeals to me and this is something I have noticed for quite awhile now. I literally cringe whenever some feels inclined to share their appreciation of my looks, to a point that I find myself either giving them a bland smile or ignoring them rather than saying thank you,

wow thats interesting, i always felt the same way. although i thought that my lack of appreciation had to do w/ my tomboy side.... but perhaps it the illusion of being violated by someone to the degree where they deem it important enough to share....or maybe

i have been recieving them for so long it's irritating. the worst are the model comps.. it's like men are given the same lesson in thier sleep.

just answer me this jimca leeeeeeeeeeeee does it matter if a girl is the one to compliment(because for me it doesnt, infact it feels like an insprirational ;) )