Sign in to follow this  
J.Lee

Compliments

J.Lee   

A compliment given in regard to looks never appeals to me and this is something I have noticed for quite awhile now. I literally cringe whenever some feels inclined to share their appreciation of my looks, to a point that I find myself either giving them a bland smile or ignoring them rather than saying thank you, and it's not that I'm uncomfortable with how I look but the fact that they appreciate it enough to share it which irks me.

You see, I hold this vision of myself as being like and looking like any other female on this planet and compliments threaten that view in the sense that it is given due to difference and in direct correlation with the varying degrees of beauty glimpsed [on your outer shell] by the naked eye: an eye which I wish was blind most of the time.

Mida kale, though there are several incidents which sparked this hatred if you will, most of it stems from being singled out: I'm not one of those people that wish to blend in to the silent crowd but neither do I wish to be noticed; I would sit loudly you see in such a crowd laakiinse I abhor attention garnered due to my genetic design (that is if it's not of the mental kind) especially my outer appearance.

Compliments are sort of like an invasion, a defiling of my women's body: since in order to give a compliment one must of have been looking and seeing (without permission)something they liked about me to a degree that they felt the strong need to share it with me....

I'm kind of emotional at the moment so I'll stop right here.

How do you (yes, you) feel about getting [or giving if that is your thing] compliments from [and to]strangers?

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Jimca Lee:

A compliment given in regard to looks never appeals to me...I literally cringe whenever some feels inclined to share their appreciation of my looks,

So, basically, you're so "hot" and you've been complimented on your "hotness" for so long that it bores you? All them Jenny Craig chickas are prolly planning an assasination on you even as I write.

p.s. You're officially in the "not hot" category for saying you're "hot" - that's "hot." <-- That's my impression of Paris Hilton, Prostitutes MVP.

Khayr   

Wordette,

You are asking for to BREAK THE SOL LONG TRUCE with this post.

Whyyyyyy? :rolleyes:

Tomorrow would have been Juma and it would make almost a week of TRUCE on sol.

Khayr   

Wordette,

You are asking for to BREAK THE SOL LONG TRUCE with this post.

Whyyyyyy? :rolleyes:

Tomorrow would have been Juma and it would make almost a week of TRUCE on sol.

J.Lee   

^warheedhe, since when did you partake in shuqul haweeyn, haruufka maxaa weeye?

Turkish fighter: You will get fried for that comment and I, for one, look forward to it.

and all of you, except-surprisingly-Mr.ayoubi are missing the point......

Foxy   

The brutal truth is as people, We get judged on our looks first, and THEN everything else......and this is human nature for You.....A lot of us think we value people because of their character, or generosity, or intelligence — that's what we thought mattered, but are we just putting blinders on?

More often than not it seems qualities other than skill, intelligence or character pay off......so if you r getting compliments

embrace it Jimca Lee........Lord knows Ugly ppl need it....

Fact: It is easier for beautiful people to live on this planet,although it may seem to be absolutely unfair to others. All is not gold that glitters - this is the saying for those, who disagrees........

Yeniceri....stop hating.........I am sure you check out paris hiton everytime you get a chance...

cheers

Nephissa   

I'm bad with compliments in general. I suppose I find them flattering, but at the same time I never know how to respond. I sometimes like to respond with "I know" even if I didn't. It helps keep unwanted people from talking to me.

Wordette: when you get a compliment smile, and say thank you. The day will come when you miss them! icon_razz.gif

Blessed   

On my trek up Mount Conceit, I've nourished my ego with compliments. ;)

I don’t like people who can’t take compliments, you should gracefuly embrace Allah’s blessings on you, waa ku sidee?

Johnny B   

^^ that is if you have the need to see yourself as a piece of meat with just enough intellect to appreciate how others get filled with imaginary excitements when they look at YOU. ;)

Blessed   

^Is that meant to exterminate my ego? Hehe, it didn't work icon_razz.gif

As a hijaabi with an attitude, I don't usually get the ‘your sexy lines’ (not from strangers anyway ;) ). I consider those lines a perversion not compliments ('your beautiful’ is).

“O Allah, You have perfected my khalq (outer appearance), so perfect my kholoq (inner qualities/character).â€

Du'a of the Prophet (saw)