Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

For Fitness's sake

Thanks. I meant Yoga DVDs. This woman seems to do a Yoga DVD too but am not convinced. Do you have a specific non-Yoga one of hers to recommend? She seems to have done loads!

Yoga class had only 3 of us today. Got to learn how to do this properly:

downdog.jpg

She wrapped a strap around my thighs and pulled back for more impact. What a stretch.

Blessed, you always post really interesting videos from youtube. Do you just randomly surf it? I only go to either watch certain shows or follow a link... maybe I'm missing a whole world of entertainment and information, ya think?

yo ladies, plz less bariis and more time exercising..! whats all that xtra package?? lol

and why is every xalimoo doing joga!!...u ladies smoking something?? how about running or playing soccer or tennis...u know doing the real sports.

Haneefah   

^Maxaa meeshan ku dhexkeenay marka hore?

Blessed, honey, Allah ha iska kaa daayo. redface.gif Few sisters and I were studying in a classroom that just so happened to have a projector when I came across your link, and let's just say May Allah forgive us for what ensued :D . Few minutes into watching the link, something like

(DO NOT click if you're a bro!!) was happening in that classroom redface.gif . We all honestly needed the stretches and the energy boost, lakeen I learnt never to start raqs session for a lebanese and an Egyptian together :D .

P.S. I was in search for an easy and fun exercise routine these days; I am so going to start their fat burning series!!! Thanks a bunch ;) . I better see some results by April, lol.

I went to the gym for two months and gained 10 pounds! I only noticed because my mother and aunt both told me I was getting fatter the longer I went to the gym. Why can't Somalis sugarcoat stuff and not be so bloody honest? ARGH!

Faheema.   

You would think if one hadn't gone to gym for a while she would stay away from chocolates, deserts and all that ruining your figure fatty stuff. But, No...apparently that's all I seem to be doing and the weird thing is, I rarely used to eat any of those things :( Time to get back on the wagon I think.

Rudy, you always give me the feeling you know a lot of women!

Isis, you probably gained muscle. Did your appetite increase? Even Yoga brings out a ferocious hunger in me and I eat everything in sight after any exercise. Yesterday I had nothing really suitable so ended up eating a big bag of cheese puffs and 3 fingers. Oops.

II, buy less of the fatty stuff and wean yourself off gradually. I've started taking sweetener in my tea. Took some getting used to but I don't notice it anymore. It's the simplest thing I could do. Probably not as effective as removing cake from the diet LoL but I don't do deprivation well. :D

Faheema.   

^LoL, I try, I try...but I am addicted to this particular cake and it happens to have more fat (icing)than any other cake :D

It took me a while to get used to Tea & Coffee without sugar...but it's been almost 3yrs now and counting smile.gif Instead of sweetner I reduced the amount of teaspoon/sachet gradually.

Honey works beautifully with tea. I haven't had sugared tea in years. It is a bit of an acquired taste though (takes some time to get used to the honey siifad).

I had a meeting on the 5th floor of a lift-less building this morning and I was a wreck by the time I got to the top. I could barely breath and this is the girl who'll be trekking great distances in a few weeks. Yikes.

I walk quite a bit but I need to increase the length and intensity, I think. Currently contemplating walking to the west end (a couple of miles) daily after work and commuting from there, I'A.

find somewhere hilly. There's a world of difference between walking on fairly flat land and trekking in hills. I've had guides point at what I thought were vertical walls and say we're going that way and nearly cry with the pain. It's fun though LoL. Walking along rickety planks(over rushing water) to get to the other side, shuffling walking along paths only wide enough for one small person- with a bottomeless pit conveniently to the other side, snakes, dozens of dogs at your heels, angry buffaloes, lots of falling were the other novelties.

Take off all jewellery. I wore a ring once and as I was walking down from a horrendous hike up, I held on to a tree and took a step down. The ring got caught in tree paraphernalia and I was left hanging LoL. One side was longer than the other for a long time after. Take some medication on the treks. It will hurt. Haha. Have fun though! Don't give the kiddies sweets. I took loads of bananas once but they were so heavy I ate them along the way. smile.gif