Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

For Fitness's sake

So the importance of respecting and valuing the work you are doing at the gym? Don't underestimate the effort you're putting out. Exercise WORKS. It works especially well when you don't make it compete with a crappy diet..

loooooool. So true. Reminds me of my younger days. My best friend and I used to work out 6 days a week. We werent trying to lost weight, we wanted to get six-pack abs(lool teenagers are clinically insane I tell you). So we kept busting our asses and at the end of the two month timeline..wait.. NOTHING! :mad: ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES, except we built endurance. We couldnt figure out why but now I know. It is because we made no changes to the way we ate. And to make matters worse, there is a Mcdonald right next to the gym and we used to order cheeseburgers as a treat for our hardwork at the gym :D;)

So whats your take on the High-protien vs. Low-fat theories? I absolutely hate dieting but would like to modify my meal plans.

MZanzi   

C&H Salaam sis

My approach to long term weight control is to lose weight slowly and patiently and follow a nutrition plan that is well balanced between lean protein, healthy fats and natural carbs and doesn't demonize any entire food group. To lose fat, you simply create a caloric deficit by burning more and eating less (keeping the nutrient density of those calories as high as possible, of course).

In my experience, a high protein, reduced carb approach in conjunction with weights and cardio can help maximize fat loss – both in terms of increasing speed of fat loss and particularly for getting rid of the last of the stubborn fat. It helps with appetite control too. But always bear in mind that the faster fat loss occurs primarily as a result of the larger calorie deficit (which is easily achieved with sugars and starches minimized), not some type of “low carb magic.” If your diet were high in natural carbs but you were able to diligently maintain the same large calorie deficit, the results would be similar

I finally worked 3days out of the 5 I intended to work-out. So ppl, how was your week? Have you met, skipped or changed your goals?

SS, I read somewhere this morning that you sticking to your plans. Come, have some lemonade and join the movement!

Pucca   

how exactly are you able to swollow anything?! i swear i lose my appetite if i get a simple cold or even a migrane.

speedy recovery inshallah

^dunno; the worse the flu, the hungrier I get. Perhaps cause I ALWAYS get a raging temperature. I get Ramadan-hungry; deep, intense, hunger pangs. Thank you. Managed to sit up last night, lived in bed for days.

Faheema.   

Get well soon dear.

I tend to eat less when I have the flu. Mainly becuase I can't be bothered to cook and won't eat anything cold. but I hear the more you eat the quicker you recover smile.gif

Insha Allah, I going back to the gym next week and I am dragging certain someone with me :D

N.O.R.F   

^get well soon.

Best remedy is a run/walk with a few jumpers on. You will cough your lungs out but you will feel alot better.

run!? I tried to dance with a fever and my heart escaped on to the dancefloor. Honest, ask DD. She stepped on it when Usher came on. LoL.

No more fever so it's back to work for me, thanks. I recommend overeating when on the flu. smile.gif

MZanzi   

I just got OVER having the flu - I hope you didn't catch it from me, through the blogging ... *A BIG HUG FROM ME*...get well Soon icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif