Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

In aid of Somali Orphans: Sisters Fundraising Event

Ibtisam   

I can't upload the poster :( , so here is the basic info.

Time and Place Date: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 3:00pm - 7:00pm

Collingwood Street, E1 5PY

City/Town: London, United Kingdom

Contact Info Phone: 07932044418

Email: daciyatu_rahman@hotmail.com

Description: Your £20 ticket price includes: Three course meal, talks, Nasheed competition fashion show and auction.

• ALL proceeds go to Somali orphanages via the Somali Development & relief fund and ICRA school. Support the cause and begin a change, while enjoying yourself in the process.

Upload to where-flickr,webshots or any other site?. I know SOL don't have that function. You could only upload your avatar but you can upload the image to those sites I mentioned and cut/paste the link.

N Good Luck with the event!

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
Che -Guevara

+Faheema..shiid waaxid.You could attend and pay the $20.00

LoL dude that's automatic, I am asking if she needs help on top of that ;)

Ibtisam   

Thanks guys

Owwe that is so cool Cawaale, thank you so much brother, that is great smile.gif MAshallah may allah reward you, for I can't think of how to, other than thank you thank you. smile.gif

Che lool, and it is £20, not $20 dude! thanks.

Red sea and Cabdiyo and Sayid, thank you guys. smile.gif

+Faheem, yep I never say no to extra help, even if they just turn up early to calm me and fix the possible mess ups. redface.gif so thanks in advance. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^Yes please, I do [i told you I never say no, somali people have a habit of saying yes, yes and then not showing up] Cool, I need a really mean person at the door who won't let people in unless they have a ticket, otherwise everyone will just walk. redface.gif

Nearest station Whitchapel or Bethnal Green. Buses 25, 253, 106, D3, 205

Also I need some ideas as to what kind of food to order. (Some hard working, smart, money saving people what to cook, but I'm not so sure about an event with somali wedding food) Any ideas?

Malika   

^Would they make fingure foods like Sambusa,bajia,cakes,sandwiches, etc or bariis iyo hiliib kind of food?

I would say instead of bariis iyo hiliib,just sell food like Sambusa,bajia, fruit frittles,cakes,sandwiches,fried chicken legs, which are easy to make and sell even to non Somalis.

Ms DD   

I can stand at the door. No one will dare to cross me. Besides I have this hot abaya that I was looking a wedding to wear to. But your event will do my dear.

^LoL. Ok I will be second in command for when u need the loo or to relax your over-worked mean face muscles.

Ibts, Malika is right; food like that is easier to manage. By beforehand I meant between now and the day. On the day, I will help, it's a given.

DD, are you going to sell your abayas there?