Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

In aid of Somali Orphans: Sisters Fundraising Event

What is heero? do explain to non-northenrners

It may influence on my choice of the next MrDD

As far as I was informed it involves meat & material wrapping.

I.e. the bride’s family wrap up the meat etc in a material really tightly and the grooms family attempt to open the blooming then. Its suppose to symbolise the woman virtue so I was told ( the quicker they open it the easier the girl/ vice versa) horrid practice if you ask me….but then again I could be wrong/someone lied to me.

p.s old man you wound me.

Faheema.   

I used to like Xeedho/Gaaf, all the riddles and the guy getting abused lol...Then my cousin explained (in rather more detail than the article) and that was it :mad: wixii la qariyaba qudhun baa ku jira

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOOL

MS DD, when my barawaani friend got married, they had this thing where they made her all dress up liek a doll, like a house party with all these people (it followed the wedding, a small selection of people went to the house with them, the pride got changed from her wedding dress to dirac) They danced and sang and at the end, they lifted the pride on to the bed with her and the farah sat next to her. Then we all left the room and out the front door, leaving them squirming and slightly red faced. Unfortunately I did not understand what they were saying, so I don't know if they were embarrassed more by the lady running around, arranging the girls dirac, taking the pins out of the girls hair while she is on the bed. redface.gif

Ibtisam   

In case anyone wondered what I did with the money. The Somali development trust has already received their £1,000 just time for Eid. The money for the charity has also left my hands/ bank into their charity account.

Thank you for all those who sent their donations, particularly the Australians, Canadians and UK brothers who sent contributions despite not getting anything in return from me [you will get reward by ALLah SWT]. May Allah reward you all Inshallah.

Ibtisam   

^^That was a private transaction which had nothing to do with me. I told you Allah will reward you and you are still asking about purple lipstick, Acuubilbillah.