Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Run-off Election between Addow and Abdulahi Yusuf

LS,

Kulligood waa isma dhaanto. But what I need, at this important crossroad of our history, a very strongman who has the talent, the desire, the guts, and the DISCIPLINE, to sweep off the gangs, the rapists, the hired killers, the business parasites who can only survive in chaos and all other all criminal elements including these SNM terrorists and maniacs who are holding my city Hargeisa hostage for more than 14 years, from all Somali streets. I do see these traits in neither Yeey nor Caddow. There are gunshot casualties in Boosaaso and Gaalkacyo everyday where Yeey is supposedly the provincial leader. Caddow is politically brought up in the comforts of air-conditioned offices and cars and he might not be a decisive decision maker; I am afraid his administration may fellow the foot steps of the Salaad boy.

To repeat myself one more time, we need a tough fighter. We need a nationalist CRIMINAL. We need a man who can run a country in civil war. We need a man who will not listen to the outsiders’ bull shots and would not give an iota of credit to the claim that Somalis are families and family feud can not be solved by further bloodshed. Somalia was broken down by gun and it must be fixed by gun or we’ll ever be in that chaotic circle of hopelessness and in a “state-of-no-life-no-deathâ€.

I consider any leader is a tool. If you find a dirty old tool in your car garage and think it can do the job at hand and you have no other option, then you must clean it and use it. Ounce you’re in a better position to buy a better and cleaner tool, you have to disregard the old one.

LS, you gave me no other option but Yey and Caddow. If so, yes to Yey, even though he looks like an animal and I need an animal to fix Somalia. I hope one day, I will get rid off him in democratic and civilized manner. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Gabbal   

their are alot of somalilanders in ethiopia, however the vast majority of them live inside somaliland

Is this a freudian slip ;) or did you really mean to say it :D

To Patriot SOMALILAND=A CLAN.

I think that's what Og Girl was trying to prove :D

Baashi   

Otali,

Your last post kinda got my attention! I didn't know who to vote for first. Then I read your first post and it seemed Addow was the man. Then the sage, Mr. Samurai Warior, reminded us who we should vote. SW put their credentials on the table. I realized that one is wimpy and the other is battle hardened old warior.

I was torn apart between the soft-spoken, xamaraawi, and dovish Addow and the articulate, strong, contraversial, and opinionated leader of Puntland. I was considering of not voting at all.

Your last post persuaded me to change my decision. I realized that I have a compelling interest in this vote. The idea of getting our real estate back without bloodshed is very appealing to me. Likewise sitting with secessionists (relax fellas smile.gif ) to iron out the conditions that will brought them back to the union is equally important. Addow seems to have a shot in accomplishing both tasks for obvious reasons.

Hmmm! I think I made up my mind! I'm persuaded. I'm gonna vote for the man who can deliver the goods. Addow! that is it. I'm ready now to vote. What? I don't even have a vote to cast...dang! Well I changed my mind now. What to do? How about cheering in the cyber worl and looking out for the best guy! Dang! I'm too old to stoop that low :D

Liqaye   

Cabdullahi Caddow is the only sane choice.

The more I listen to the supporters of Abdullahi Yusuf, the more I believe that there is a parrarell universe out there.

i KNOW that Addow is corrupt, as well as stuck in Siyad butt kissing mode, and my opposition to ssuf having killed or what not.'The simple fact is that the future president of somalia must be diplomatic enough to understand that his position from the day he is elected is to be a conciliator with very little REAL support among any group with in society, that is what abdiqassim failed to realize with his bombastic statements directed towards somaliland and his misguided "military" intervention in various somali regions.

Perhaps addow is the man who could understand the true weakness of his position one that gives him all the responsibility with very little power.

Listening to supporters of Abdullahi Yusuf makes my head ring with all the epiteths being thrown about at anybody or group of people that might hold differing views to Yusuf.

Also I really do think that apart from the clan based inarticulate and corrupt MP's which any future somali president will have to deal with, Yusuf will be frustrated in a position that involves Diplomacy.

Somalia is not puntland, there is no common history of confronting bogeymen from mogadishu or more recently hargeisa, and neither is somalia made up of clans as closely related as those in puntland.

Consequently Abdullahi Yusuf would not work out as a president.

Abdullahi Adoow is of the same mould as Galeydh, a man who although as corrupt as all the others in the TNG would have been a very effective advocate for somalia, as proven during his short stint as primeminister.

Men perhaps of the old school but cosmopolitan enough to recognize the situation on the ground.

I dont see that in Abdullahi Yusuf or in his supporters.

As an aside, if the statements made for Abdullahi Yusufs candidacy are anything to go by, I wonder what somalis who did not support him will face if he should win the election.

I have no such foreboding if it is Adoow, Galaydh or Jama ali Jama.

Which is where adoow has already won.

Adow and Abdullahi...ohmm let me think...

Let me analyse.......... Damn its so hardto decide LOL

Its got to be Mr Yey not Adow, you cannot even compare. Chosing Adow will be even worse than the 3 years of the defunct TNG.

Qudhac   

in my opinion you guys are missing the point, the president of somalia can only come from one region at the moment if somalia is to have any chance of government taking root, all of the IGAD countries know that and the international community knows that that region has got to be muqdisho.

unless the chosen warlord can boast a massive local support from the people, bussiness men, millitia, warlords in the muqdisho regions then this government will be a failure its simple as that so abdulahi yusuf is simply not from the powerbase and has zero support in the important regions of somalia withough these regions there cannot be central government in somalia.

with all due respect to ina yey supporters who talk about his history of "toughness" but we all know its one thing being tough to your own clan and subclan but beilieve me its totaly different story when it comes to other clans like our friends in muqdisho thats why he has no hope in hell of having any effect whatsoever to the maruading millitias and warlords in these regions in which he has absaloutly no fanbase at all, so its difficult to see whats the point of giving ina yey presidency when we are being realistic.

lets not kid ourselves withough somaliland in the picture the geographical political landsscape of somalia looks very different because that puts abdulahi yusufs region in perespherals of power and out in the cold almost, as everything is then concentrated on muqdisho so the likes of addow will most certainly get it by defualt.

with all due respect to ina yey supporters who talk about his history of "toughness" but we all know its one thing being tough to your own clan and subclan but beilieve me its totaly different story when it comes to other clans like

Brother he has been tough to the USC in Galkacyu, to the Alitixad led by Colonel Dahir Aweys in Bossaso and before that to the Ethiopian army in 1964 and 1978. He has a history of being tough and Mogadishu and south Somalia needs to be introduced to that sort of toughness and organisation. It aint about clan or sub clan its about creating the right security apparatus to deal with hoodlums, criminals and gangsters hiding behind the clan.

The other point about the President coming from one particular region i.e. Mogadishu is ludicrious and has failed in the past. The example of Ali Mahdi, Aydeed Sr and Abdiqasin have proven that aman belonging to a certain clan that has a number of technicals means nothing. Chosing Adow will only result in wasting the Somali peoples time, the man has no background in security and has not even got the respect of his own sub-sub clan.

Somalia needs ina Yey and his toughness. :D

Tuujiye   

loool...I like this...

I think after the late president siyad bare, we have knoticed what he was holding together..do you guys know all of thease guys in ee joogeen when siyad bare was in power..he made sure they didn't do nothing and kept their mouth closed. He ruled with strong fist because that was the only way to deal with animals like these guys in Kenya now. I think the only way Somlian will ever listen and stop the animal acts they are doing is when they get another leader like siyad bare...And I think the closes to him is C/dulahi Yusuf..lol..4real...Cabdulahi yusuf is strong and wants things for him self..yes he is a killer, yes he gets money from others. But he is strong and he will never back off till he gets what he wants.And them guys will never have chance against him if he becomes president because if they don't put down them wopens he will kill them all..What happen when Qaasim was elected, things got worse because he was weak...no one believed in him. But to be powerful you need, money,property,people backing you up,ecomnomic power,and political power and the closes person to have al of this is Cabdulahi yusuf...

Y'all say he is a killer, he is a munafiq he doesn't care about somalia...bala bala bala...What about the rest..do they care?????

some guy said adow is a DR..lol..dr of what???

C/qaasim..he talks so much about itoobiya being involved when he him self is with itoobiya and giving them poor wadaado to them and calling them terorists..lol..

Ina ceydiid..lol..is inocent?

Cismaan Caato? bigest drug dealer in Somalia's history.

Bare Hiiraale..lol..still fighting at the bushes

Same with Moorgan...

who is better than Cabdulahi yusuf..they are al dirty like him...but at least he has some leader quality..

I would love to have CUMAR FAARUUQ as somali president..but thats a dream..because their is no way a shiiq will be a president..I would love somalia to be ruled with sharica law..

but thats also a dream..

but for now we just want peace and government again..And non of it will work and I personly believe that this new government will not last because is not built by the way of god..wax uu san ilaaheeyna ka raali aheen, wiligood majiraan..hadee jiraana waa wax dadkaas lagu cadaabayo..subxana laah..

ps..OG-Girl..I found your Flag...lol..

et-so.gif ..lol..injoy..

wareer badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

This is the new and improved flag..Iinsha allah it will be their countries flag..till they join with the rest of Somalia...lol..

Do you know what the Blue and White stands for?

wareer badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

Blue and white stands for hope..They are still holding on to their Somaliness and not telling lies to them self..unlike Some Other states..

wareer badanaa!!

Qudhac   

feebaro

you and anybody who supports ina yey puts up a one line defence about his percieved toughness, well being the dictator and oppressor of your sub-sub clan degaan is one thing but no one else has seen this so called toughness.

The only time he did do anything on somali scale was when he was head of the SSDF and we know what dissaster that was as the only legacy he left was to become the first somali warlord to bring ethopian army inside somalia to kill and and loot somali villages.

you may see a leader in c/y but the rest of the somalis dont see anything other than 80 year old deranged man obsessed with madaxtooyo who goes on foreign countries and beggs them to invade somalia, can any one else describe to the world what abdullahi yusuf has done that qualifiers as strong leader other than kill few of his clans men in his hometown. :(

OG_Girl   

Feebaro, see what you did to my adero Qurac? Man this guy doesn't search or read.

The flag you posted is One of ethiopian zone's flag, nothing to do with Somaliness cause is pure ethiopian thing!!..Ethiopian have 9 or so provences, regions or zones... so this one aint ONLF's flag is ethiopian's zone 5's flag nothing to do with somali people who live there at all.

NOTE: they aint State nor a Country just freedom fighters organazation.

here ONLF's flag:

stand_3.gif

If image wont work isn't my fault cause is blocked from this site.

PS: hope will show up now.

** Sorry Qurac, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, I wanted to explain to you since you just believe what you been told**

Salam