Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Run-off Election between Addow and Abdulahi Yusuf

Liqaye   

An old adage comes to mind, "politics makes strange bedfellows."

None stranger than these.

Also does any one have a copy or a link to the transitional federal charter, cause what are the actual duties of the President and Prime-minster respectivley?

In Jama Ghalib's cost of Dictatorship, there is a passage when he talks about the diffrent styles of Aden Abdulle and Shermarke, He said one understood the meaning of a non-executive presidency whilst the other did not, and involved himself in the day to day running of goverment, leading to a very frustrated political tussle between the presidency and the Prime-ministership, this was also seen in the Arta Goverment.

Do you think Addow or Abdullahi would take a back seat?

Would their "camps" let them to?

Liqaye   

I think the President is ceremonial and the PM runs the country.

Howver if that is true why do they all want to be President

Lol, but thats no indication Bro, cause they all think that kursiga will make them as powerfull as Siad Barre in his heyday, whilst no political constitution will allow that, the political reality on the ground will swiflty end such Grandiose hopes, just ask Abdiqassim.

Now who is going to tell the 100+ candidates.

Liqaye   

I believe on the contrary to your assertion, and by that I mean you can be still the prime-minister even if you're not a member of parliament, provided of course the parliament itself as body votes for you once the chosen president through the federal parliament nominates you and your cabinet-officers for legislative approval and confirmation.

Also, you do know I hope that Mr A. Addow is not even MP in the current set up in Mbagathi, and still he is going for the top job,

Iwas not aware of that.

If it is true then Mr. Yusuf MUST be worried.

it will be like the negative and the positive joined at the hip...Praying to God that Jama Ali Jama does not relent and give up his support; yet, it seems reer Puntland are picking A.Yusuf, while they know Jama Ali Jama is the rightful choice

LOL Otali you in your own fantasy bro, now you know whats good for Puntland :D

If Adow wins he will through getting Abdullahi's support and giving the PM position to him, Jama is a good man but how much votes can he bring?

Another point what if Abdullahi won, which I believe is more than a possible outcome, who for PM then, ah lets see Abdiqasin, Mohamed Dhere, Sindikow or Adow??

What if in the first round, Adow got 90, Abdullahi got 90 and Abdiqasin came third and got 80.

The next round is a dead heat Abdullahi and Adow.. Who would get Abdiqasin's votes?

Xarago   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

I think the President is ceremonial and the PM runs the country.

Good Smith keep lowering your target and focus, I'm sure you will reach a stage where you would say even that the Minister of Livestock is important and runs the government. Not that am sure whether Colonel Yeey will even get that position..eh,..eh..eh.. :D:D

Damn am enjoying this, Puntlanders loosing hope :cool:

Tuujiye   

I have a question for the puntlanders in here..

how many puntland clans are voting for Cabdulahi Yusuf? I hope y'all know their is more than one clan in puntland other than cabdulahi yusuf's are WD's ...lol..

So do they all want him as a president?

Or only his clan and maybe only his "lAF" wants him as a president?

give me some answers guys....

wareer badanaa!!

Good Smith keep lowering your target and focus, I'm sure you will reach a stage where you would say even that the Minister of Livestock is important and runs the government. Not that am sure whether Colonel Yeey will even get that position

PM or President it dont matter to me dear, Federal Republic of Somalia is what Puntland wanted we invented the federal formula ;) . If our leader becomes either PM or Presidnet then hey thats better than being an unrecognised country that suffers from delusions of being the queens lost orphans. ;)

My darling Puntlands system of government and thinking has been adopted and vindicated while yours has been thrown out of the window. :D

I have a question for the puntlanders in here..

how many puntland clans are voting for Cabdulahi Yusuf? I hope y'all know their is more than one clan in puntland other than cabdulahi yusuf's are WD's ...lol..

Brother, most are, they are his supporters :D

Liqaye   

What if in the first round, Adow got 90, Abdullahi got 90 and Abdiqasin came third and got 80.

The next round is a dead heat Abdullahi and Adow.. Who would get Abdiqasin's votes?

Personally I am not as fascinated over Abdiqassms chances I think he was being used as a barganing chip andrallying point during the years of wrangling in eldoret and Mbagathi, between the samatabixin/arta group and the SRRC in the same way some might say Yusuf and Aideed where used by the SRRC to get into the parliament.

In the case of a run off to put it mildly there is no way Yusuf would get Abdiqassin's votes.

In the case of a run off to put it mildly there is no way Yusuf would get Abdiqassin's votes.

Oh how we delude ourselfs, I have the feeling now more than ever that Abdullahi will win and one of the two farts Adow and Qasim will meake it esier for him.

Life is ironic for 15 years Mogadishu's clans have done everything to prevent themselves from getting a government and now they pave the way for Ina Yusuf :D

Tuujiye   

Brother, most are, they are his supporters

LooL

Bro Cabdulahi Yusuf has only his Clan Voting for him..lol..Not all puntland clans...Some of them might go with adow because they will never trust Cabdulahi Yusuf...

Wareer badanaa!!

Rahima   

Patriot.

That is very disrespectful and not to mention down right rude.

Admin I’m sure will take care of it, till then continue to show to the world your weakness.

They say people resort to insults when they don’t having anything constructive to say.

I suppose this is the case here.