Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

PRESIDENT YUSUF ARRIVES MOGADISHU

Originally posted by Brown:

That President Yussuf is the only sitting SOMALI president to be brought in to his own CAPITAL CITY by Ethiopian MILITARY TANKS,MIGS,Helicopters & SOLDIERS. Jot that down as well. What a shame! [/QB]

These statements are all a mere means to an end.Should the President be successful,and that he will be,let alone u,ur great grand children will be grateful to him.Isn't it a shame that our former enemy is trying to assist our Govenrment when u urself,the so called somalian man want anarchy and chaos.Now,thats what shame is.

Originally posted by Brown:

Its principles,patritotism and standing up for what you beleive in. Void of Qabil & greed.

Are these the same Principles that led u to support a clan based movement with the sole idea of Blocking the Government?

And yes what u call me doesn't matter but if u have anything to argue about u would present ur arguments and argue well,u wouldn't have resorted to the demeaning norms that u and the so called cheerleaders tend to come up with so as to shun from the real Argument. :D

Paragon   

When the Current President ,the Colonel was elected,he asked for international peace keepers and so did Abdiqasim.The only reason why this Government is being blamed is due to its Efficiency otherwise we wouldn't hear any one's objections.

And precisely who elected this government Xalane? This seems to be a recurring question which is yet to recieve an adequate answer. If your line of argument was indeed 'this government was selected', I would agree with you. When you say an entity is elected to govern, there must be a procedure that makes it legal. legality and legitimacy rests with the people, each individual with the right to vote, has this taken place? No. Even if you were to say the walords who gathered in Embagathi were representatives (directly or indirectly) of the people, I would have given in to your line of argument. However, since the very warlords that make up of the TFP came into it through their means of coercion, isn't such an entity simply a forceful one? Not only is the TFG a forceful one, but even the TNG falls into this category. So the argument that one should accept the TFG because he/she happens to have supported the TNG is a non-starter. I for one did not support the TNG, neither will I the TFG due to their illegal existence.

As for the matter of the invasion u are talking about,the sooner the peacekeepers get deployed,the Ethiopians will withdraw to their borders.Until then,ur argument and its similar,are premature.

The TFG's initial route to power dictates its ensuing conducts, Xalane. Whether peacekeepers are deployed or not, or whether the ethiopians leave on their own accords comes to nothing. What the Ethiopians created is a government in their own image. As Somalis say 'Hal xaaran ah, nirig xalaal ah ma dhasho'. The TFG admin would always remain illigimate.

Am saying that a voting system couldn't have been carried out in somalia due to its condition.The Legality of this Government is not in question,its process is.And as for the Process,u too well know that these men were representing their own folk and the whole somalian politics,be it the past or the present or even that of the future,power will be shared by all the clans and thats exactly what happened.

Som@li   

Originally posted by Sophist:

What our brethrens in Mogadishu and rest of Somalia need is peace; without it we shall all suffer. I would rather have unjust occupation than the demise of thousands of Somali muslims.

We are full of hope that Somalis will unite against corruption, warloridism, clannism and all the other isms that has plighted our nation.

It is our duty to stand up for our country’s liberty and its resurrection from inflicted oblivion--- we should take our deserved seat in the global forums.

I would rather have a puppet government than warlords and anarchy.

Somaliya Hanoolaato!!!

Well said Sophist, Somalia needs a government regardless of its form, shape.

Those who oppose the TFG mostly are selfish, and do so for clanish reasons, or are ignorant from the current status of most somalis. Somalis are suffering everywhere. some of the members here are posting from their cosy homes abroad while thousands of somalis die cuz they lack basic needs, and thousands more are hopeless,and die in Libyan desert or Red sea. I FEEL sick and ashamed when i see young girls working here as maids for the Arabs, cuz they have to support their families back home.

I support anyone who brings Somalia out of Misery.

Soomaaliya Ha noolaato!

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Castro, my suspicious mind leads me to believe that your painful loathing isn’t directed primarily towards Ethiopians or Abdulahi Yusuf!! It is the blood running through the veins of AY that you wholly dislike or dare I say hate?

Xalane, walle waad xaarantahay. The end justification for this invasion does not change the history made by this govt. His Excellency President Yussuf is the only SOMALI president to let an enemy country invade his own nation and was unable to come to his own CAPITAL CITY until he came riding literally on the back of an Xabashi tank. THAT is the HISTORIC moment Captain.

Wether he succeeds,that is for future historians to determine if it was right or wrong to bring in enemy tanks, soldiers into somali soils. I hope he suceeds, but YOU & I know very well that WILL not happen until we have XABASHIS in Xamar. Lets get real there captain.

As for your absurd claim that Ethiopia is a friend, That just shows your lack of commonsense. Sxb your eyes are glazed with some partisan mucus. Xabashis are not friends of SOMALIA & will never be friends of SOMALIA. If they were they had 16yrs to help SOMALIA,when somalia was ruled by Warlords,when warlords Terrorized somalis & most importanly they will never have supportted a govt that is made of warlords by warlords. Did they suddenly realise their good neighborly duties just when somalis have kicked out the warlords? Why were they silent and non committed when these warlords were killing SOMALIS? Be objective Captain.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Captain Xalane:

Am saying that a voting system couldn't have been carried out in somalia due to its condition.The Legality of this Government is not in question,its process is.

Xalane, OK. It is good that you first give recognition the illegality of the TFG's process. Now, let us move to the legality of the government. If one is acting legal with regards to the legal formation of an 'organisation', may it be of governance or of civil function, shouldn't he followed the legal process? Or if a legal procedure isn't in place, shouldn'e he/she find the next best thing? Granted that due to Somalia's condition, such legal processes were not in place, what about pastral democracy of the clan? Are you telling me that members of the clans have been consulted about their representation? The case was, my friend, the process used in Embagathi, was one that merited the strongest and most armed of clans, which forgot that weakest mass. It is the clan's tradition to elect or select representatives, but in the case of forming the TFG most traditional leaders were muted, and if they tried to speak, threatend. The truth is the TFG's composition is based on who could yell the strongest threat. Isn't that the truth?

And as for the Process,u too well know that these men were representing their own folk and the whole somalian politics,be it the past or the present or even that of the future,power will be shared by all the clans and thats exactly what happened.

No, I don't believe so Xalane. I know quite a number of people who actually happen to hail from Mr Yussuf's clan, who have the right knowledge and qualifications, who had the support of many unarmed folks, that got sidelined. Why should I therefore hold warlords as representatives and hope they'll share power with the civil society? Remember, if your memory stetches back to early 1990s, the struggle between the militarists (Yey, Caydiid, Qanyare, Jess-Gabyow and co.) and the civil society movement (symbolised by 'The Manifest Group' or as some call them 'sulux') that the case for representation died with the manifest group and with the victory of the militarists came rule by the gun. So, if you must know something, what you see now is simply the continuation of profiteering through militarism and latter day warlordism. Nothing is legal about that.