Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

PRESIDENT YUSUF ARRIVES MOGADISHU

NGONGE   

^^^ But the Courts did shoot themselves in the foot.

I agree with you on the total unsuitability of this government. But I’m not sure that fighting them is the best thing to do (even though I’m more than certain that is what will eventually take place). In any case, the Courts didn’t come out of thin air. The people of Somalia brought out the Courts to deal with Somalia’s deteriorating situation and I’m sure they too are what will bring out a new opposition to this incompetent, objectionable and hopeless government.

Sophist   

Mutiny within Mogadishu is not an option—trust me a lot of people want this for various reasons. It will only be detrimental to the people of this city.

Educating people about corruption, good governance and accountability is all good, but I object to taking up arms against this powerful “enemy”.

Somalia Hanoolaato

Castro   

Fighting ultimately costs innocent lives. Few will endorse it knowing this. But the alternative also costs innocent lives, albeit in a slower fashion. Pick your poison atheer.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ But the Courts did shoot themselves in the foot.

As time goes on, I'm inclined not to think so. The Courts were under siege much like all of Southern Somalia is now. Just how much could the Courts have done to get themselves destroyed like this? Not much I say. The Ethiopians were coming because the Americans told them to. And they were going to bring this puppet regime. What the ICU did or did not is quite borderline, in hindsight.

NGONGE   

True. But the fact that they went on the offensive is, in my opinion, their biggest blunder. Now that they’ve been easily defeated and have (mostly) vanished into thin air many are wondering if the Courts were really any good to start with or just the simple concoction of dreamy amateurs. This is the shot in the foot I’m talking about.

Still, that’s old news. We have to observe the TFG as they shoot themselves in the foot time and again yet still carry on walking with the use of those powerful Ethiopian crutches. I wouldn’t openly pray for war and destruction but I do seriously, sincerely and with all my heart hope that all these TFG charlatans fall and fail in their designs.

Allah yestor.

Castro   

^ Amin.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

True. But the fact that they went on the offensive is, in my opinion, their biggest blunder. Now that they’ve been easily defeated and have (mostly) vanished into thin air many are wondering if the Courts were really any good to start with or just the simple concoction of dreamy amateurs. This is the shot in the foot I’m talking about.

Classic pre-invasion propaganda saaxib. First, trump up your non-existent enemy into a formidable foe. Second, convince your own public they're under imminent danger of being attacked (hence the ICU going on the "offensive"). Third, destroy that built-up enemy swiftly and declare victory as soon as possible.

Back in November, and after a couple of failed trips to Khartoum, the ICU leadership (or at least some elements in it) realized, and rightly so, that peace was not coming and that these "talks" were meant to buy the Ethiopians time to descend into the country. Once they realized that, and had gone all the way to Baidoa to see for themselves (old fashioned reconnaissance mistaken for offense) they knew they were doomed. That's when they started talking rubbish about foreign Jihadists being welcome and all. The ICU realized the TFG was being pushed from the back by Ethiopia and that the latter too was being pushed by the US.

And the rest is history.

P.S. I'm not all for conspiracy theories of the ICU being infiltrated and all that but the above is the most logical explanation I could come up with for the past 60 days.

Sophist   

Courts could have played the game well-- young men and older boys without knowledge in practical politics!!!. Their rhetoric against America and Ethopia didn’t do much for them. The incredible silly call (though Indhocade was singularly responsible for this) for foreign mujaahideen to the country was terrible calamity--- Even Hisbullah and Mullah Omar didn’t make such a foolish call.

The trouble with the ICU was their politically disunity—at least the voice wasn’t united. Though Shariifka and Hassan dahir would have not taken this self-destructing path (you might say Hassan Dahir was not as toothless as Shariifka; trust me he didn’t command the majority of the hard core dervishes within the camp; their ears were only open to other young men; namely Fuaad, Abu Hassan and Ceyroow – Abu Dijaana); both were mature enough to understand the threat--- laakiin dadka qawf ayaad ku abuureysaan was the mantra within the shabaab circles.

Castro old chap I would rather choose dishonour than the mass annihilation of my people.

Castro   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Castro old chap I would rather choose dishonour than the mass annihilation of my people.

I would not have taken you for a man that uses false dilemmas, and carelessly so.

Sophist   

What are you on about old chap? what makes the above statement a "false dilema"?

Are you denying the detrimental consequence that mutinious uprise within Mogadishu may cause---- thousands of Somali being killed!!!?

Castro   

The "choice" (assuming you have any) is hardly one between dishonor and mass annihilation. But since you insist it is, I'll let you expand on it.

P.S. Forgive me, I shall be off line for sometime now.

I agree with you on the total unsuitability of this government. But I’m not sure that fighting them is the best thing to do (even though I’m more than certain that is what will eventually take place)..

..and that's why the TFG are pleading so dearly for foreign peacekeepers.

I think we've reached a cross-roads. Those of us who've been all the while supporting the ICU, need to come to terms with their virtual destruction. Now, do we give our support to this rabble of criminals and the unqualified? Personally, i would, if it meant they'd produce some of the stability enjoyed under the ICU. If they can spread the peace through out what is now supposed to be 'Somalia'. We need them to take the first step, later the public will pressurise those totally unworthy to resign.

So at this point, perhaps total opposition of the TFG might be counter-productive if we want to taste even a hope of an end to this anarchy.

sophist

I've just read a telegraph article which ended with

America can afford this indiscriminate approach because southern Somalia is so dangerous that journalists or aid workers are unlikely to be able to reach the target area and count the bodies.

Now if the foremost bastion of the british right wing press is writing that, and declaring our protectors from an "indiscriminate approach" to be Journalists and Aid workers, what the h ell does it matter. Or, what hope can any one place in the Theives Feudalists and Gangsters

Sophist   

Telegraph uttered the truth; they can afford indeed! laakiin what is up with Al-Jazeera?

Disgusting indeed.

Aloow noo gargaar.