Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

PRESIDENT YUSUF ARRIVES MOGADISHU

MOGADISHU, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf entered the capital Mogadishu on Monday for the first time since taking office in late 2004, a government source said.

"The president has arrived in Mogadishu. He is now resting at Nasa Hablod hotel. We are now preparing his house in Villa Somalia, where he will be staying," a government source who declined to be named, told Reuters.

NGONGE   

^^^ Lately, you’ve been bubbling with anger at anything and everything to do with the TFG and Ethiopia. As vile as they are, it’s really not worth getting into these depressing moods over them. Come back from the dark side, Luke.

Liibaan   

Finnally, Yusuf is in Mogadishu

Castro, xanuun iyo stress baa kudhacay mar ku maqlaba Yusuf

Castro Riyaale is in Addis Ababa,donot worry Melez will not forget your warlord

Castro   

^ Keep writing my name while you blend in with the background.

Ngonge, really? I've been doing a lot of (passionate) cutting and pasting lately. How you could mistake that for anger is beyond me ;) . Nevertheless, my short term mission on these boards is to expose this puppet regime and the occupation forces that brought it for what they really are: pawns in a larger scheme of domination.

A great step forward for this country. 26 months later 80% of the country is secured and the President and his PM are in Mogadishu simulatanously/

NGONGE   

Heh@Castro :D

In that case, carry on. If you achieve nothing other than get on Duke's nerve it'll be enough for me. :D

Castro   

^ Perhaps Duke himself (a self-proclaimed history buff) could learn a thing or two. Cheering for the occupation, as he has been doing, shows that although he's a history buff, he many not understand the significance of events in the past and how they relate to and influence current events.

But you go right ahead and get your popcorn. :D

Protected by his own soldiers and Ethiopian troops who helped the government drive out the Islamists, the 72-year-old veteran soldier made his first visit to Mogadishu since taking office in 2004 and ruled out talks with his foes.

"The President has arrived. He is now in Villa Somalia," government spokesman Abdirahman Dinari said. "He urged all Somalis to forget the past and prepare to build their country and support the interim government." Reuters

He made it after 40 years. Tears of joy, duke? LOL.

^^^ Castro, get over the shock of Yey breaking the unthinkable record and get back to the normality (at least retain your sanity). I truly agree with NGOGE's advise to you "..it’s really not worth getting yourself into these depressing moods ....." :D

Sophist   

More like smiles of hope!!!

Castro, my suspicious mind leads me to believe that your painful loathing isn’t directed primarily towards Ethiopians or Abdulahi Yusuf!! It is the blood running through the veins of AY that you wholly dislike or dare I say hate? This my dear boy is what a lot of us are suspicious about. Many who supported the ICU now are welcoming the return of the notorious warlords—others are positioning themselves and dressing Ghedi with silken presidential robes in the hope that the old man will either be challenged or hopefully nature will take it’s course:: remember few days ago congratulations were exchanged on the “news” that the old man’s time on earth came to a rapid halt.

What our brethrens in Mogadishu and rest of Somalia need is peace; without it we shall all suffer. I would rather have unjust occupation than the demise of thousands of Somali muslims.

We are full of hope that Somalis will unite against corruption, warloridism, clannism and all the other isms that has plighted our nation.

It is our duty to stand up for our country’s liberty and its resurrection from inflicted oblivion--- we should take our deserved seat in the global forums.

I would rather have a puppet government than warlords and anarchy.

Somaliya Hanoolaato!!!

What our brethrens in Mogadishu and rest of Somalia need is peace; without it we shall all suffer. I would rather have unjust occupation than the demise of thousands of Somali muslims

Sophist,The meat & the potatoes in this is that the people who were supportive of the IUC DO NOT want this regime[blended with] Warlords and worse of it all: ETHIOPIA. Its rather clear me thinks.

Castro, Sxb Its our turn to be brave cut & pasters. Its only fair to replace the coward cut/pasters of this forum. You are doing the honourble thing to your nation & conscience by speaking up against an unjust invading army in the disguise of "stabilizing the region". For me its actually therapy,venting and voicing my opinion. Its your patriotic duty to speak up and challenge these un principled men[Who you correctly reffered to as Doorknobs] who support this coward regime that let its enemy invade its own nation. They used the enemy's tanks,Migs & soldiers to assume power they couldnt do politically. To kill fellow countrymen by using the enemy. Salute,comrade ;)

I would rather have a puppet government than warlords and anarchy.

Edit: Come on Sophist, The Warlords were kicked out by the IUC,LOL & they are now safely in this puppet Govt. Anarchy was eliminated by the IUC & its now in the making. You have this backwards sxb. We had warlords & anarchism for 15+ yrs, & when we had kicked them out,what happened? Bal adba....

At Last! We have returned to Statehood. Nothing could make me more happy. Few more weeks people and we will have fully functioning administration in all parts of the country. As for the cheerleaders of anarchy and terrorism, its not too late ask for forgiveness and join your fellow citizens.