Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Is having a Wedding Important?

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ We should start that business together. I can be the sleeping partner. What say you, neighbour?
smile.gif

What good is a sleeping partner in any scenario? icon_razz.gif No, thanks. I find the whole wedding thing hedonistic. Besides I could organise to the nth degree and then the Somali guests would show up(late) and kucf it up. No fun.

NGONGE   

^^ That's what I love about you; you never miss the slightest innuendo. :D

But there is money to be made there, trust me. The guests don't matter. Only the bride and her family do.

I seriously don't understand Somali weddings they compete on cost/aim for lavish weddings but most of the time/99.9% of the times there crap with hideous food, awful/unmanaged guest list, the people/most anyway are ungrateful and find pleasure in cursing your wedding anyway. The worse part of it all the couple then embark on married life with hefty debt-repayment awaiting for them, joining the race to get council house, so they stay in one of those battered-woman’s shelter homes pregnant and claiming that there husbands are not there husbands but there lovers who knocked them-up.

Someone once told me that one needs to make a choice ie you either choose wedding or marriage, sadly a lot of the woman who opt for the former end up having a complicated start, so dear Aaliah am not saying lavish weddings are bad god only knows every-woman has her dream wedding planed to the dot, but do remember fiscal deficit is not a good way to start a marriage (listening to malika + Ms DD who already have husbands will only get you into trouble) but if the man is wealthy enough to afford that and a home then girl milk him like the cash cow he is if not I suggest you seriously consider a house before you join the my wedding is more expensive than yours race which seems to be dominating the marriage circus lately.

p.s word of advise, visit the woman you know who had a lavish wedding…you will see what am talking about most of them are in shitty position now, in hindsight am sure they would have chosen wisely.

Ms DD   

Surely having massive wedding isnt related to having a shitty relationship/marriage. How has this been proven?

Actually I am all for milking him dry but not to have meaningless wedding. Put the 1000s in your pocket and then ask him to pay for a lovely honeymoon.

Malika   

Lol..What a picture you paint CL!

Its a matter of knowing your circumstances and subject,there is no point asking a poor chap to throw you a lavish wedding when you know his pockets cant streach that far.That would be cruel, lakiin hadhuu hayoo why not?

Anyways,my advice was to make sure you make the most of it[his money]before and after you had married him... smile.gif

Ibtisam   

Val I'm very good and I have experience, I can plan yours if you want. :D

Lool @ CL. I have to see how you and AAliyah end up!lol.

Aaliyyah   

CL masha allah sister you said it well. And, I do agree it depends on the situation. If the brother can't meet the finanical means that is needed for lavish wedding it wouldn't be reasonable to have such demands.

Laakin walaaley mid lacag heysan maxa i ag dhigay taas aan is waydiino smile.gif

NG you are not much of a wedding planner ...your pictures said it all. marka soco you are not qualified for that position icon_razz.gif

Ibti I dnt know abt u...do keep me updated on how any wedding you planned turned out...wouldnt wanna waste my money redface.gif

Feynuus kaftan ee aheed walaal...laakin ilaahay baan kugu dhaarshay kaas uu mesha kusoo sawiray cidla makasoo qadan laheed hehehehe

have a good day ppl

Blessed   

I don’t get the original question, weddings mark an important milestone in ones life, so are very important to the individual and their loved ones. Yeah, some people go over the top, get into debt and basically have their priorities twisted but that doesn’t have to be your story... I've been to great lavish weddings and lovely Islamic walimas.

LOL@ Malika and MsDD… now what happened to the raaliyos of SOL?

I can never get my head around this 'milk him dry' business. I got a lot of that just before I got married and quiet frankly, I was disgusted by the assertion. Yeah, I’m all for getting what’s rightfully yours (and then some) , if things don’t work out but if you’re not planning in ditching him anytime soon, surely you want a man that is financially healthy so that you have a peace of mind and might even get to live it up, without any ill intentions on your part.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

I can never get my head around this 'milk him dry' business. I got a lot of that just before I got married and quiet frankly, I was disgusted by the assertion. Yeah, I’m all for getting what’s rightfully yours (and then some), if things don’t work out but if you’re not planning in ditching him anytime soon, surely you want a man that is financially healthy so that you have a peace of mind and might even get to live it up, without any ill intentions on your part.

I could not agree more. Of course some people get married just to ditch him 1yr down the line icon_razz.gif Lol No seriously it is not a nice way or good for you as a person. In fact I would go as far as saying it is degrading to you as an individual.

P.s. Blessed is advocating for the trickle down theory, the money will filter down to you thorough out the years. :D

Pujah   

LOOL @ all this milk him dry business. I thought people got married when they're in love and wanna spend the next 100+ years with that person.

Halkeed uweel baneey sanaysaan! :confused:

Ibtisam   

^^^^Loool @ Weel baneeysi, Pujah, 100yrs sounds depressing, regardless of love. :(

P.s. AAliyah, get on FB I will show you evidence ;)

Faynuus   

Milk him dry! Alaaaah, no wonder many of our marriages these days never reach any jubilium like good old days.

How can a woman marry and spend time with a man they plan to ditch in a few months time? frankly, that is evil and yes as Ibtisam mentioned so self degrading. Illaahayoow dadka imaanka ku sug.

Ps. Aaliyah well noted sis. Hunt mr rich down and milk him but not dry.

oops wiilasha gabdahah meelahaan ka il-quudaya must be quit dissappointed. Kabteey ma aragtaa ka dhacaysa.

Chimera   

She take my money, well I'm in need

Yeah she's a triflin' friend indeed

Oh she's a gold digger way over time

That digs on me

(She steal me money)

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)

But she ain't messin' wit no broke Broke (She steal me money)

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)

But she ain't messin' wit no broke broke(I gotta leave)

Get down girl, go 'head get down (I gotta leave)

Get down girl, go 'head get down