Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Faarax

Man Marries 58 Times in 50 Years.....

Baluug   

To explain my position clearly, a man has every right to marry a 13 year old girl, but it is not right to dump your wives in the fashion this guy is doing. He is essentially planning a temporary marriage, although he may not think that way every time he marries someone new, he should know by now he'll do the same next time he sees another woman he likes. So in that case......

64 yr old marrying 13 yr old- OK

Marrying 58 times- not OK

Johnny B   

Wonder if the defenders of this old Arab man´s bahaviour have plans imitating him if and when opportunity presents itself. !!

Just the thought of Northerner heading home to his 13,14,15,16,17 years old wifey is soooooo disturbing. ;)

N.O.R.F   

Sheheheneeze, good points.

Johnny, what nothing else to say? not going to come out with an anti Islamic outburst? Cat got your tongue? Where is your mate Socod Badne? Cant contribute to the thread? You thought the old man divorcing his wives was OK in Islam? You and Ayan Hirsi would make a decent couple ;)

Pucca   

Originally posted by Mr. Jibis:

only if she's OKAY and AGREES to the marriage ...*really how many 13 yrs olds are really going to willingly marry an old prune?? :rolleyes: not happening*

Baluug   

Originally posted by Pucca:

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Jibis:

only if she's OKAY and AGREES to the marriage ...*really how many 13 yrs olds are really going to willingly marry an old prune?? :rolleyes: not happening*
Likely not too many, but let's be honest......Do you really think Aisha RA was the only young girl in history to accept a marriage to a much older man?

^Mate, u see any prophets walking around in yr neck of the woods? Cause I'd marry one or two or three in a flash, however old, wherever they may be. U know?

How about we compare like with like?

Hardly any 13 year olds will be pleased with the notion of marrying a 58 year old. Tell me whom it's OK for (as that's the word you use) and in what circumstances a parent should marry a girl of that age to an old geezer. A real life scenario, please if u don't mind. I'm interested in trying to understand that OK, OK?

Baluug   

I'd let my own daughter get married to a man that old if she accepted.......Just as long as he is well-educated in the diin, and a little $$$$ wouldn't hurt either :D But let's be honest, you think just because Muhammad SCW was a prophet, he's the only one who's worthy of having a young wife? Come on, people, you make it look like only prophets are allowed to do these kinds of things, while us common folk are not worthy. Remember, he was just a human being like you and me, the only difference is the Message he was given from Allah SWT.

^Oi. Shut it. Prunes give me the runs. :D

Jibis, why would I leave a 13 year old with a 60 year old man? What exactly does he have to offer her that a younger man doesn't? U haven't said why it's OK to you yet. Are u on auto-pilot with this one? The Prophet(saw) was a mortal like the rest of us but he was special too- when can we pick his ordinariness to emulate and when can we stay away from his extraordinariness?

Yes, I do think few men who want to marry a 13 year old are worthy of her. ANY MAN THAT AGE WHO CONSIDERS A 13 YEAR OLD WORTHY OF HIM OR OF WIFEHOOD HAS A PROBLEM. Has the world run out of women that u have to adolescence-snatch? Tell me, what's in it for him? Her? The parents? Society? These are not rhetorical questions, bro. Help me out here.

Now, biliis, when and how and for whom is it OK?

Baluug   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Now, biliis, when and how and for whom is it OK?

The scenario in which it would work best to me, would be 2 men who were the best of friends such as Muhammad SCW and Abu Bakar were, and someone whom the father of the girl could trust not to harm, or have evil intentions.....Someone who is genuinely interested in looking after his wife, regardless of her situation. You see, when I said I would give my daughter to an old man like that, it doesn't mean any man who comes by and has cilm. He would have to be someone I know and trust, because you are absolutely right, a younger man would be better suited to look after her if he wasn't interested in marrying her for the sake of Allah SWT. Oh, and she would have to be his only wife.

So to sum up your "biliis when, how and for whom",

When-anytime, I guess.....I really don't understand that part of the question.

How-Marriage for the sake of Allah SWT, not just out of attraction for her, he must be very religious and sincere in that he will take care of her through the good times and bad, and teach her the diin. That is the best marriage, no matter what age you are.

For whom-Someone that the father has known for a long time and can trust him with his daughter.

Is that a good enough answer for you?

PS Zephyrine, nice sarcastic remark.