Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Faarax

Man Marries 58 Times in 50 Years.....

N.O.R.F   

^^Does it matter who he was referring to if what he was saying is wrong??

Misinformed views should be addressed and not ignored.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Northerner:

JB, please read below

quote:

Al-Saieri said, “I first got married to my cousin when I was 14 years old because of my father

He was 14 and she 13, your argument of old fat arab taking advantage of young girl is flawed. This is common to this day in Arabia (youngsters marrying) and there is nothing wrong with that as our deen does not forbid it.

Please know what you are talking about before commenting on these issues (anything relating to Islam). Western media not is the most reliable source
;)
A little 'comprehension' would'nt hurt aswell.
I may not know what is the religious stand on this , but i´m dead correct on the 13 years old girl beeing cultured.

This is what the Man said according to the first post.

“I married university graduates and illiterate women. The oldest wife I am married to is 40
and the youngest is 13, who I married just one month ago.
She lives in southern Saudi Arabia,†he boasted.

So you´re right about one of us needing to re-read. ;)

And yes Castro is right, this issue needs to be adressed fairly, a line has to be drawn between what is morally/religiously acceptable and what is pure disadvantage to the children .

You may support this man´s action as much as you like , but you can´t deny that he is having a 13 years old child right about now, enjoying pedophilia in the open unchallenged.

Maybe the question we need to ask ourselves first is....

Where is the line of adulthood.

A. Do you consider a child anyone under the age of 15?

B. Do you consider a child anyone under the age of puberty? (Be mindful, that some people reach their puberty before or at 13)

c. Do you consider a child anyone immature even over the age of 16...(like you would find these days )

D. None of the above..I wish to not criticly think! :D

Cara.   

Psychologically, few people really reach maturity until well past puberty, which occurs at different ages. On the side of caution, I would protect children by making the onset of adulthood as late as possible.

But to me there's a whole lot of difference between a couple of 16 year old teens involved in a bit of hanky panky, and a 13 year old "married" to some old geezer. The first is dangerous but natural, the second is exploitation and pedophilia. Does anyone really think this 13 year old girl accepted a proposal from this man of her own freewill? Or was there a business exchange between two old men, with one getting camels and the other getting a child bride?

Originally posted by Castro:

^ May be JB was referring to the muted calls of the Khayrs and Alle-ubaahnes of this site who didn't condemn this as unIslamic. I'm sure they've been vocal in other, similar, places.

Saxib, I don't condemn here anybody, but I disagree with the people who say the very same rethorics of the west against Muslims. Pedophile wasn't the right term here, because that term wrongly dismisses the sanctity of the blessed marriage of Islam. We have here large number of misguided nomads who utter the linguistics of our enemy, and that indeed bothers the believe core of many folks.

What the likes of Caano Geel misunderstood is the fact that women may gain adolescence at any given time in their life, only if granted the right nutrition. There is a huge debate about that topic now in the States, which has alarmed the rate of teenage pregnancy in many communities across the board. Therefore, societal perception towards the suitability of marriage at particulur ages or beyond a certain age is irrelevant. And that is indeed where CG has not only rationally failed, but became guilable to believe every thing from the West.

Baluug   

But to me there's a whole lot of difference between a couple of 16 year old teens involved in a bit of hanky panky, and a 13 year old "married" to some old geezer. The first is dangerous but natural, the second is exploitation and pedophilia.

So what you're saying is that 2 teenagers who aren't married and just f**k for fun is OK, while a marriage that is completely halal and registered before God himself is not OK? What is this world coming to?

I suggest you do some reading.

Does anyone really think this 13 year old girl accepted a proposal from this man of her own freewill? Or was there a business exchange between two old men, with one getting camels and the other getting a child bride? [/qb]

Most people don't fully accept to get married, whether they're 13 or 63. It's something you do "head-first". And if the girl did not accept and was forced into this marriage by her father, both men will be judged before Allah SWT for it. It's none of our concern.

Ok, more queston to help you further with ur understanding.

Old man with 13 year old who has passed puberty

A. Can he legally marry her if she agrees?

or are you saying that she would

be too immature to even agree?

B. Are you saying you agree it is legal

(based on islamic laws)if she reached

puberty, but not preffered by your norms?

(old man eww! with a young gurl)

if not are you still questioning adultood

hood based on puberty?

C. You dont care, and you dont want to picture

your self in such a marriage :D

Castro   

^ Age of consent is what should matter. If someone is allowed to drive, smoke, work or sign a legal contract (as in marriage) then it's all good. Just how many 13 year olds do you know of can do any of the things above?

Cara.   

Originally posted by Mr. Jibis:

quote:

But to me there's a whole lot of difference between a couple of 16 year old teens involved in a bit of hanky panky, and a 13 year old "married" to some old geezer. The first is dangerous but natural, the second is exploitation and pedophilia.

So what you're saying is that 2 teenagers who aren't married and just f**k for fun is OK, while a marriage that is completely halal and registered before God himself is not OK? What is this world coming to?

I suggest you do some reading.
I didn't say it's "OK", I said it's "dangerous". I suggest you read what you quote.

There's nothing sacred about a man having sex with 50+ women under the pretext of marriage. A marriage is only valid when two people enter into it willingly, and treat it like a marriage and not a carousel, jumping off this ride, hopping on that one. If you don't have any problem with this man's actions, then that's a reflection on your morality.

quote:

Does anyone really think this 13 year old girl accepted a proposal from this man of her own freewill? Or was there a business exchange between two old men, with one getting camels and the other getting a child bride?

Most people don't fully accept to get married, whether they're 13 or 63. It's something you do "head-first". And if the girl did not accept and was forced into this marriage by her father, both men will be judged before Allah SWT for it. It's none of our concern.
So if a 13 year old girl is forced into a travesty of a marriage, you feel it's none of your concern? It's all going to be sorted out in an afterlife? Again, a reflection on your morality.

what the hell are u people arguing about:

A) PERVS AGE = 64

B) GIRLS AGE = 13

C) PERVS AGE - GIRLS AGE = 51.

D) RATIO ~ 5:1

simple bar chart:

| ____

| ____

| ____

| ____ perspective - 1:1

| ____ ____

+----------------

perv | girl

| ____

| ____

| ____

| ____

| ____

| ____

| ____ perspective - 2:1

| ____

| ____ ____

| ____ ____

+----------------

perv | girl

[edit lol, cally thanks (looks at the ground sheepish) ] -

Baluug   

I didn't say it's "OK", I said it's "dangerous". I suggest you read what you quote.

There's nothing sacred about a man having sex with 50+ women under the pretext of marriage. A marriage is only valid when two people enter into it willingly, and treat it like a marriage and not a carousel, jumping off this ride, hopping on that one. If you don't have any problem with this man's actions, then that's a reflection on your morality.

You may have said it's dangerous, but you also said it's "natural", which implies it's OK.

I have said in this thread already that I disagree with him marrying this many women, as a temporary marriage is haram. That's not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that if the guy is 50 years older than his wife, it doesn't matter because she is old enough to make her own decision in marrying him.

So if a 13 year old girl is forced into a travesty of a marriage, you feel it's none of your concern? It's all going to be sorted out in an afterlife? Again, a reflection on your morality.

Just a question.....Do you know this girl personally, or this old guy, for that matter? All we know is that he's married 58 times, and is currently married to a 13 year old girl. If this girl was forced into marriage, do you think he would be bragging about it over the internet?

By the way, I like how you question my "morality" because I don't agree with you.

Originally posted by Katrina:

You, my dear man might surpass me in politics or other matters but when it comes to the culture, language and people of that region and the above country in particular you’re talking to the real McCoy.

Looool@The Real McCoy

Buyaa!... and that is the way the cookie crumbles!

N.O.R.F   

:rolleyes: @Katrina, all that effort and for what? sister i was not referring to you but JB, please re-read my post

You, my dear man might surpass me in politics or other matters but when it comes to the culture, language and people of that region and the above country in particular you’re talking to the real McCoy

We have something in common, i shall be boarding a flight bound for Jeddah on the 16th IA :cool:

JB, i apologise for 'missing' the other part of his marriage to a 13 year old and thus apologise for questioning your comprehension skills on that point. However, the lack of comprehension on the manipulation of the Sheria on the divorcing of wives and not recognising that this is wrong, even after our dear Katrina highlighted it, still stands.

Why is it that Mr Jibis (new to Islam) seems to be the only one being sensible here? Calling an old man a pedophile when the marriage is Halal but then do not mention anything about the divorcing of his other wives seems illogical.

How many old Somali men do you know who have had similar marriages, how many of us/or our parents are products of pedophilic of old men???

Have a nice day

Castro   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Calling an old man a pedophile when the marriage is Halal but then do not mention anything about the divorcing of his other wives seems illogical.

Because he probably is a pedophile or a sex addict or both. And the marriage to 13 year old is not halal. Matrimony for pleasure alone, specially when another wife is divorced for no other reason than to reduce the count allowed by Islam, is far from sanctioned.