Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Faarax

Man Marries 58 Times in 50 Years.....

N.O.R.F   

The entire gallery seems to get shocked at old men marrying young girls as if this was new to us, Somali tradition.

I think judgments have been clouded somewhat to accord with general laws rather than thinking along those lines. I would go as far as saying 50% of first children (prior to the war) among Somalis were products of such marriages (mothers 16/17 years old).

Castro   

Northener, there are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics. :D

Ducaqabe: you should have just said so atheer. The next time we read about a Somali man doing the same, we'll lynch him just the same. And when we read about an American who chronically sleeps around, he or she will meet the same fate.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

Originally posted by Khayr:

Your 'COMMON SENSE' carries with it a BIASNESS

tht is reflective of your
place and time in HISTORY.

So if I'm of
this
time and place in history, is it safe then to assume that either you or the sexaholic senile are from
another
time and place in history?
I think that your JUDGEMENTS become EMOTIONALLY CLOUDED on such subjects because your a Father who has daughter. Point Blank~

That sense of being a Protective Father CLOUDS YOUR JUDGEMENT and you justify ALL YOUR REACTIONS

as 'COMMEN SENSE', when dealing with similiar topics/subjects.

The old man likes pubescent girls and his money will ensure that he gets plenty. Lucky him that his society panders to him in such a way. I can't imagine how many parents must be chasing him with their 10-year-old daughters as we speak.

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote: The entire gallery seems to get shocked at old men marrying young girls as if this was new to us, Somali tradition.

I think judgments have been clouded somewhat to accord with general laws rather than thinking along those lines. I would go as far as saying 50% of first children (prior to the war) among Somalis were products of such marriages (mothers 16/17 years old).
Doesn't make it OK nor is 16/17 13!

Castro   

Originally posted by Khayr:

That sense of being a Protective Father CLOUDS YOUR JUDGEMENT and you justify ALL YOUR REACTIONS

as 'COMMEN SENSE', when dealing with similiar topics/subjects.
[/i]

It may only add to my reaction and not reverse it. Wrong is wrong saaxib. Even if I had squirrels for kids.

I noticed Khayrow that you're into "moral relativisim" and other similar theories that many share that interest with you. Why don't you post something (a study or an essay) that explains what these terms are and how they affect people. That way, when you reference them in your posts, you won't have to repeat them as much since most people would be familiar, at least, with the concepts. Here's a good link on the issue. This should save you time and energy when you write these terms in BIG LETTERS in every post.

^^^ I am begining to think the argument isnt about this topic. There is an underground war going on.

I see these fellas and ladies on SOL beefing up about old arguments and bringing it to this new arguments. Does it matter if anyone makes sense..No because you always have someone refuting.

WHEN WILL ANYONE AGREE ON S.O.L????

that should be a topic of it's own

N.O.R.F   

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire gallery seems to get shocked at old men marrying young girls as if this was new to us, Somali tradition.

Doesn't make it OK nor is 16/17 13!

It was ok back then, what has changed? Would we be making such comments (Old man marrying young girl is not wise) if we as Somalis did not live here (qurbaha) for so long? Does it still happen? If so why?

The fact of the matter is Halal marriages do happen between older men and young girls and it is OK (when in accordance with the Sheriica) but it has become a taboo over the years to those who have left their homelands and settled mainly in the west. A wedding of this sort tomorrow will raise more eyebrows in the west than in the middle east, why? Have we become to accept UK Legistlation above that of Sheria in such issues?

From what I can see more mature mothers make better educators, not necessarily better carers of their children- deen and otherwise- and have better relationships with their children. And that's a good thing.

We do not live in societies where the village will help bring the child up with you. If u have a kid at 16 in the UK and u live with hubby alone, there isn't a network of people you can depend upon for support or the proper rearing of your child at your doorstep. U have to be everything to them from the get-go.

As far as it being OK back u-know-where, there are a lot of things OK in a lot of places but it doesn't mean the practice is good for the society.

There is also a great difference between a 13 year old and a 17 year old; every 17 year old will tell u that.

And I hear a lot of waa la i khasbay from women who were married off young. Are we then a nation of bast*rds?

Yes or No?