Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

Somalis Today!

Salma   

^^ As I perceived it, it's a Jamaacah prayer (probably Friday), certainly you won't see women in that pic.

Kamaavi   

Habo Qoolo, salan sare ka dib, 3da saf ee ugu horeeya intoo caruur ah aad ku aragtaa? Si fiican bal u fiiri.Dumarku waa udub dhexaadka bulshada. Nuurka iyo dadnimda ka maquuta jameecadaas tukanaysa waxa iska leh hooyooyinka Somaaliyeed ee timaatimka suuqa ku gada. Iyaga ayaa ah laf dhabarka saxda aah ee Somalida maanta. Sawirka aad argto dhankiisa danbe oo aadka u danbaysa oo kamaradu ayna qaban bal saas u yaraha qooraanso waxaa kuu muuqanaysa in uuna dhamaad lahayn. Taas macnaheedu waa dumarku dhankastood ka fiiriso kama maqna Somalida maanta.

Jimco waanaaagsan.

Tuujiye   

Al Zeylici thanks for the comments you mentioned all the missing advocacies that we need to do for our people. We are busy chassing money and cheatting the system by getting the mothers to lie and say that their husband's left them so that they could get extra money while her husband sends her more money. Yes some of us were raised this way but do you guys think is wise to continue the chain? why should I be that way when I could go to University or get a great job? why should I rais my children that way when I could give them everything in a xalaal way...

BoB saaxiib wax yaalaha aad ka hadleesid everyday baan arkaa oo officeka iigu imaadaan. Waa wadna xanuun walaahi. La gartay waqtigii la cusbaa sababta waxaan loo sameeyey laakiin 19 years kabacdi iyo wili waxaan la wado looool la yaab soo ma aha lol naag weyn oo 30+ kor u dhaaftay oo aan aqaan duqeeda ayaa maalin hore igu dhahday ninkeeda somalia ayuu ku dhintay loool jimcihii hore aan banooni isla ciyaareyne looool wan qoslay oo waan u sheegay qofka uu yahay ee markaas wili igu tiri "saas ayaa ii qoran oo aqri" loool 30 year old waaye ka waran oo wili caafimaad ilaahey siiyey.. xaaraantii ayaa xalaal noo noqotay....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

I believe there is age gap when it comes to welfare issue. The new generation wouldnt be caught dead pursuing such thing, granted they might deal drugs. But there is definetly a lack of good role model in our community. I work at a school and 99.9% of kids I deal with dont have a father figure who is concerned about their education. If anything, they fuel the fire by acting all-knowing while the kids already lost respect for them. Just this morning I had a mother who took 3 buses to get to school to make sure that her kid came to school this morning. I had another one who takes 2 buses and a taxi to get here because the dad takes the car to Juma Prayers at the mall.

Qabqabti hore ma soconayso. And ilmahaan way arkaan in aabahood wax ma taro yahay, so why should they give respect? We have drug dealers, run aways,and little girls participating in things that you wouldnt suspect. But where are the adults?

Me personally, my host country is my home for the time being and I consider myself to be a citizen of my country AND my host country because without the opportunities I'm afforded here, I wouldnt be who I'm today.

please tell me what kind of life can you provide for yourself being "street smart"? Or for that matter, I am sure one day you hope to have children, how do you plan to raise your children in this country being "street smart"?

Walaalo, I am assuming that he's talking about 'emotional competencies' (self-awareness, self-mgmt, social-awareness, relationship mgmt, etc) rather than just being plain 'street smart'. Those abilities.

Success is not only attained from conventional schooling. There are other ways, you know (reminds me that Natwest ad, lol! UK-ers would know).

To me, education is the key to life...We have a great education system here in Canada, lakiin markaan arko twenty something year old working at the airport/factory/ware house/etc. with little or no ambition at all to make his/her life go further in life, ciil iyo caro iyo disappointment of the future of our people baa i qabato...

A job is a job, no matter what. And do not judge the person that does it. See it for what it is.

Kool_Kat   

^I get you and got what he said; unfortunately, you seem to be missing my point...Street smart, in the world we live in today, can only get you so far in life...Apply a job at McDonald's, I'll bet almost on everything, somewhere in the interview process, they'll ask your level of education...That's just flipping burgers mind you... ;)

A job is not a job walaalo...How can you raise a family on a factory worker's salary? Heck, a single person can hardly survive on such salary...Well of course, unless, the factory is one heck of a factory that pay damn well...I don't judge people cuz of what do...But I wonder waxa ku kalifay ineey shaqooyinkaasoo kale isku limit gareeyaan, while the sky is the limit for them? I am talking about dhalinyarada, wadamadaan ku korey, heystana fursado ey wax ku bartaan oo ey naftooda iyo future kooda meel fiican gaarsiiyaan, that's all...

Success can be attained in so many ways, but trust, without formal education, one is limiting him/herself...Teeda kale gormey wax barasho wax xun noqotay? Waa waxyaalaha ka mid aha inaan isku dhiira galino, intaan dhihi leheen wax barasho kaliya meel laguma gaaro! ;)

Tuujiye   

chocolate and honey aka Shukalaatiina lool good points abaayo.. Laakiin all that you hve mentioned is the culture clash problem we are having here and mind you, now a days is not only the fathers who are lacking in our community, but also the mothers are or some mothers have accepted this role of the father being aways from his house and out some place to make earnings. A family house is build by two people and not one and if the mother choosed her kids over the money, then she is at foult too..

Chocolate the other thing I was asking is that, how long are we going to ignore the fact that we are here to live and stay and for that matter we need to respect and understand this system and rais our kids the right way. Do you think all these problems that u mentioned will stop if we don't change our life style as a somali community? Do you think the second generation will be alot different from the first and what is our future as a somali community?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Muriidi   

it is very important that the somali culture continues,although we are being blinded by global events that we don't see how somali culture is evolving and even finding back to it's roots,where you will find in somalia's mythology and poetry is more compatible with islam than all the modern tiibo carabi tiibo talyaani and british style zionism.

Tuujiye   

Muriidi kaalay aniga xitaa maku fahmin.. hadalkii dhan tibbo this tiibo that aa noogaga baxday.. yarka warka jilci nooh

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Buuxo   

Originally posted by Tuujiyee:

^^^ good point.. Buuxo thats the mentality we need to change. You are a qaxooti for close to 20 years well most of us and have not seen or lived in our home country. Do you think is wise to sit and wait around? lool.. don't just make use of the opportunities giving to ya in your host country but also give back to your host country and live like a citizen of your new host country in that case one day iinsha allah when somalia becomes peace, you could be the somalian voice in your host country and gain the respect for your home country.

Tuujiye runtaa weeya ,20 sano ee ku sii socota laakiin wali wax iska badeley majirto dalki.Talo ma'aha in aan iska iloowno dalkii iyo dadkii kunool instability iyo poverty-iga aan ka soo cararney.We should not be waiting for when peaceful somalia occurs.We need to take an active role in taking back our country(somalia).We have left it in the hands of wax-matarayaal for too long.

Tan kale,let's not fool ourselves ,we might have passports but many of us are living in wealthy countries in relative poverty.marka let's not critise only single mothers oo systemka cheat-garenayo ama dhalinyarad factory ka shaqeeyo ama waalidhiinta nostalgia kaliya kusocdo.Challenge baa na hortaal generationkeen,let's make a real difference to dadkeena iyo dalkeen meelkaste ee jooganba.

NGONGE   

^^ One foot in each place is not a life at all.

Tuujiye sat and had a good thinking session then came up with this topic. I wonder what got him to think in the first place? I have a feeling it is one of the following:

1- He bought a house.

2- He was asked to build a house in Somalia

3- He is about to become a father

4- He got married

5- He got disappointed by Sh. Sharif's total hopelessness as a president and finally decided to call Canada home.

6- He got addicted to the coffee his local maqaxi makes and could not see himself ever going back home to live on inferrior coffee

7- All of the above.

-------

Welcome to the world of sane people, Senor T.