Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

Somalis Today!

Hassan_B   

^Lol,

I hope to be taken care of when I'm old and frail if I reach such an age, and looking after relatives is the easiest way to do that.

OK So we've discussed the issues...

Any Solutions?

Tuujiye   

Lol Hassan good point loool Is funny, because as Somali’s we do have the tendency to always complain and point out the negatives. However we always fail to discuss both ways of the situation. We point out problems and never bring forward the solution. Waa jug jug meeshaada joog loool…

Personally I have been involved in my organizations whether it was Student Associations or Some youth works and now as a service provider. However the best solution I could come up for us Somalis out here at our adopted countries is to live right. Meaning we have to think big and not only for tomorrow but from 10-20 years from now. Look outside the box by first acknowledging the internal problems we are facing and the cultural clashes. We have to accept the fact that we are not back home. Some of you made some points about how you will always be a Somali and how you can’t see your self as anything else and I respect that but if you really love being Somali the first thing you should be doing is cleaning the Somali image and gain respect for your people “Somali u diida ceeb” lool from Maryan Mursals song was a great example. By you living right and being a good citizen in your adopted countries, you are helping your people in many great ways. They show images of Pirates today with macawiis duluf ah iyo qori daba laab. Those pictures carry so many hidden images to disrespect our people and make us look like ignorant and lost people. But when they see a Somali doing much better than they are and is a better citizen then them in their own country, they will loose and by just living right you have defended your image and country.

I’ll add more to this after I hear from you guys but I’ll add one more thing. They are so many great examples in Islam how some people left their homes and found new homes. Our Prophet (SCW) left Macca to Madiina and finished his life in his new home. As muslim, our homes are were we get peace and the right to live as human beings, a place we could gain more in life than loose and most of all a place were I could see a future and hope.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

I consider myself an individual, maxaa iga shaqo jiro waxey somalida sameeyaan or not. Ama ha is dilaan am ha is magaan, ama yee wax baranin, what somali people do is not a reflection of of me as an individual.

We should all be more individualistic and worry about number 1

kaalay adiga Caveman ma ahaan jirinoo? hadana qali adeeg aa lasoo baxday dhib badnidaa bisadi haku qaniintee!

Wareer Badanaa!!!