Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

burshishiil

The Zack   

^^ lol.

Aliyah, somebody already accepted that man who can not cook even tea. Maybe people have different priorities. Thanks but not thanks I am not taking any cooking classes as I don't need to cook at all. Why would someone learn something he/she won't be doing.

Aaliyyah   

^for all you know you can end up with one like yourself .....laba is dhaamin ka waran hahaha

just be ready to take whatever life throws at you...no need to learn the hard way ...

Fabregas   

I find that spinning the pancake/malawac or bur in the air and doing a 180 degree turn, usually helps. Using oilive oil, preferably the greek one, also smoothens the taste. ;) . Just joking. Why would I want to smell of oil like a timijilic restraunt chef? :confused:

@Malika, you see they're all talk. It is something they heard on tv or from their poor female relatives. It's probably a case of them recaling their taste, smell and seeing senses of "burshiil", which can obly be gained from stuffing the thing down your mouth , as opposed to any phsyical contact with bur( making the damn thing) .

Although, I think Haji Nuune sounds like he can cook; ninku waba xarif, diyarad bu kaxye xita :D

I can cook pasta and maraq chicken, but that is strictly for survival mode :D . When I get married, i'll safely play the only can cook tea geezer ;) .

-Lily-   

Being unable to cook is nothing to be proud of, we get the regular stray dogs, ooops, I mean bachelor Faraxs who are unable to feed themselves during Ramadan and rely on the kindness of others. Being able to cook is a life skill, just like being able to swim, or drive or speak another language is, if not even more important than all those. If that doesn’t convince you, most women, regardless of Somali or no Somali find cooking men impressive, you’re missing out on teh extra sweetness dished out to the boys in aprons.

Back to the question, Cabdiyo, be lucky you are unable to cook this bur, the amount of oil, sugar and more oil is enough to make anyone shudder. I haven’t had this bur since I was 10 or 11.

nuune   

^^^ I can imagine, you haven't cooked any dish, or maybe don't know how to cook, or maybe oo maybe you are not into cooking.

I can see alot of sisters here who will starve their husbands to death, unless the exceptional hussbands who will eat outside and come home trying to be hungary

-Lily-   

I was referring to the above poster :D , I'll have you know I'm an excellnt cook. Calcalka joogi you missed the point, re-read what I wrote.

nuune   

^^^ lool, you can alwayz write down how to cook a particular dish, in Af Somali only, in that case, i would know you are a good cook, now tell me how to cook Chappati, or Jabbaati with maraq ama suugo muntulaanti ah, af Soomaali iigu soo sheeg to prove yourself :D

Nephissa   

I haven't done burshiilshiil in so long. The idea of frying the bur has always turned me off. The only time I eat it is when I go to other people's houses for Afur.