Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

burshishiil

Buuxo   

Hey All.

Anyone know how to make bur-shishiil, you know the one that is as runny as canjeero that you drop into boiling saliid. I know how to make mandaasi or kackac but I can't seem to get this one right,it absorbs too much oil and turns out demented.What's the recipe or anyone know the trick?

Much appreciated.

Malika   

^Hey there.

The trick is not to make it too runny,and the oil to be in the right temperature,not too hot nor too cold.

The mixture shouldn't be like canjeero or laxoox, but slightly heavier and also it has to have been well risen[xamirtee].Make sure the oil is at the right temperature,leave the pan on a medium gas mark for a few minutes it will be hot but not too hot as if you would have had the gas at a maximum mark.

ps..To add extra flavor, a drop of vanilla essence usually gives the bur a lovely smell..yummy! or you could have the bur in sugary syrup[couple of cups of water,add brown sugar and let it boil until syrupy, when the bur and syrup is cooled down you pour the syrup on the bur to give it extra taste..

Hope I have helped.. smile.gif

The Zack   

For some reasons, My eyes were reading Bull$h!t all the time looool. Waan yaabanaa. Ileen you guys are talking about Burshiil aka Bursaliiid. Haddaan gartay.

nuune   

^^ Aniguba Bursaliid ayaan u aqaanaa, marka ma aqaano shiil-shiilkaan meesha ay ka keeneen, maybe the sound of it oo shiilmanaayo waaye or shugu-guc ka yeereeso ay ugu magac dareen.

Burshuguguc waa jiraa asna, that is if we are playing with the sound of cookin :D

PS: It is very easy to cook this dish, bursaliid or burshiilshiil, as it was explained earlier

Malika   

It's refreshing to see the expertise of bursaliid is coming from the guys..ah! the signs of time! icon_razz.gif ,we finally got you guys well secured in the kitchens I see..bless! :D

Aaliyyah   

Libaax we call it burshiil....

Malika thanks for the instructions. I will give it a shot. I usually make samosa and thats all. That takes most of my time anyways lol...

wa salaaam...

Originally posted by Malika:

It's refreshing to see the expertise of bursaliid is coming from the guys..ah! the signs of time!
icon_razz.gif
,we finally got you guys well secured in the kitchens I see..bless!
:D

Now u scared them away :( we didn’t even get to read about how they clean and unsii-yowing the house