Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

burshishiil

Buuxo   

^Caqliga baan kugu jeclahey ,usheeg Malika , Marwooyinka SOL aa tihiin ...so help the brother out lee weey sheekada.

nuune   

^^ loooool ehehehe Cabdiyo aka Ayanah, shimee bursaliid dalbadey, xalayto I cooked saambuus & bursaliid or burshishiil(not only Malika knows it :D ), waan isku dhax cunaa intaan is dhax galiyo and I call it Saambursaliid, federation waaye, I told my sisters I will do the afur, and I only had 1 hour and 30 minute to afur, so baastana waan walaaqey iyo suugadeeda, and side suqaar for muufo.

I was told I had to cook last day of Ramadan as well, different menus, and am thinking of Chappati, and chineese noodles iyo koosto aroosto.

Kool_Kat   

^Najeynaa yaa rabi! Ma noolyihiin dadkii cunay waxaa karisay? icon_razz.gif Faanaa nagu dishee yaree hee, sambuus iyo bur aan kariyay ku yeh...Ana aragoosto saldaato eh aankasoo tuuray, and side abeeso maraqeed for canjeerada...I can hook you up with the recipes hadaa rabto...It is a killer... :D

Cabdiyo, Nuunka isagaaa birimo, sugunto, iyo teersaba kasoo tuuraayo...He doesn't need our help...

nuune   

^^ lool@saldaato, caadi ma tihid ehehehe, actually many people still think saambuus is difficult thing to cook!

Koolo, igu soo wareeji da recipes oo killerka ah, surprise aan uga dhigaa walaalaha :D

have you ever tried Waanbe & Moxog, or intaa isku dartey koosto iyo baamiye, then new menu makuu soo baxey oo bilaa magac ah lol

Some of the very familiar Somali foods:

BARIIS

PAASTO

FEDERATION

CANBUULO

SOOR

FALFALIIR

HILIB ARI

HILIB GEEL

HILIB LO'

BARI

KURUS

BEER

KELI

TIRIBO

CALOOLEEY

MALAAY

MOXOG = you gota love this

WAAANBE = and this

QUULE

GOCOSO

MESAGO

SALBUKO

CANBE

BABAAY

MOOS

LIMO

UGUNJI

LIIMO DHANAAN

BAMBEELMO

QARE

YAANYO

BAAMIYE

BASBAAS

TOON

BATAATI

BARBAROONI

QAJAAR

KOOSTO

ISBINAASH

BASAL

KABSARO CALEEN

FILFIL

XAWAAJI

SHAAH

BUN

QAXWE

QURFO

HEYL

DHAGO YARE

JOOS

SANJABIIL

SOKOR

CUSBO

CAANO

GAROOR

SUUSAC

CAANO MAC

CAANO BOORO

FARMAAJO

JELAATO

BARAF

NACNAC KULEYL

MIINTO

VIMTO

SHARBEED

MUSHAKAL

BUR

SANBUUS

BAJIYE

SHUSHUMOOW

KACKAC

BURYOOSH

KORNEETO

I CUN I CALAANJI

SISIN

Buuxo   

^Burshiil iyo sambuus aad karintaqaan haye, faanka jooji , amba diyaarad waan duulinkaraa if shown once :D

KK, Seetahey macaanto?

nuune   

^^ lol@diyaarad waa duulin karaa, I love to see Somali lady piloting an airline, am not sure if I remember well, there was an article about a young somali girl, she was 15 or 16 only, her name was Abshiro Dirie, three years ka hor ayey aheyd, she was learning how to fly, I don't know if she had recieved her PPL(Private Pilot License) which is the first licence to get before the commercial one.

Hope she had done well and got her license.

Cabdiyo, haye, tell me you cooked burshiishiil :D , then I will teach you how to fly a plane smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

I just saw Amina's blog.Thanks B_G for sharing it.

mashallah it's awesome, may allah swt bless her.

Will try out some of her recipes inshallah.

wa salaamu alaikum

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by nuune:

have you ever tried Waanbe & Moxog, or intaa isku dartey koosto iyo baamiye, then new menu makuu soo baxey oo bilaa magac ah lol

Waanbe = wanna be aanba u aqriyay - duh...Moxog aa???????????????? The only thing I associate with moxog is xanuun, as in 'moxogaa i xanuunaayo'!

As for koosto iyo baamiye, I call it diif ala dhareer...How's that for a name? :D

Teeda kale, intaa listga cuntada nanac kuleel ku dartay see nanac loos iyo sisin uga tagtay? redface.gif Maxasuusata jalaatadii raqayga laga sameyn jiray? Adi nawaal lee markii lagu arko, bringing back good ol' memories walaahi...

Gocosona cunto miyaa? I always thought dadka timahooda jileeca eheen in ladhoho!

*Falfaliir iyo fuud abeeso isku fuuqsee meel fariiso*

Cabdiyo, waankuu faayaa, alxamdulilaah...Adi ii waran? Xaa maha ku heysaa? Are you ready for ciid? Kurdadaada iyo kabahaaga kiyuusaha iyo taakooyinkaaga madaxa diyaar makuu yihiin? :D

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Malika:

quote:Originally posted by B_G:

who needs to cook, when you have women like this in the world?

^Tan anbaa waan gursanii lahaa..[astagfirullah]
:D

Now BG what are the chances of you landing a xalimo like her,I bet she is old school the new school will probably feed you fish and chips everynight
icon_razz.gif
:D:D Chances are slim, especially on Sol, u might get what Somalis "hambo" of a capuccino or some prawn sandwich that she couldn't finish @ work. What about giving the oday school dinners, Malika? :D

Aaliyah, no probs, sis, if you master her recipes, let me know:D

Cara.   

^LOL. I almost felt sorry for you and then remembered women had to make the food AND still only ate the hambo :mad:

Come complaining when you make the cappuccino and prawn sandwich, serve it to her, wait until she's done, and then eat the leftovers in the kitchen after she's gone off to bed. While making her a glass of milk icon_razz.gif

Buuxo   

^LOL...what sight to see!

Nuune, yeah i remember that girl,hope she achieved what she wanted.LOL, did you know i applied for aviation after i finished high-school..well it was one of my 6 preferences, maxaa kataqaan post 9/11 ,waxey ii dheheen 'try carpenting Miss Cabdiyo' :D .

KK,LOL@kabaha kiyuusaha iyo taakooyinkaaga :D , walaahi waayo aad isoo xasuusisey .Glad to hear that you doing well, alh da same is true here and i can't wait to wear my eid clothes :D .Laakiin this Eid i have to remember to make caruurta happy , no xaqal eid for me :(