Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Is Barack Obama a deserving winner of the Nobel Peace Prize?

I dont know how I feel about this. Maybe the fact that he isnt threatning an all out war with Iran like that effed up redneck before him and he is careful with his words is what the world sees.

But the Nobel Peace Prize? Dunno if he deserves it.

Cara.   

I didn't even know he was nominated. But I think he deserves it. It's not like the Peace Prize is a real Nobel anyway icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^He deserves it how?

This is silly.

The people that have given him must've a felt he deserved it. Not that I care about him, or this award. That's usually how such thing works.

Wallahi that is precisely my fear for this Obama. The more media attention he gets, the less serious I take him. Dont get me wrong, I like the man and never worked as hard as I worked for his campaign, but everytime I see him on TV, I can't help but think Overexposure!!

^He's president and there is an exposure, but that's not problem anyway. I think he needs to stop p*ssyfooting, get his party in shape, and treat republicans like Bush treated dems.Grow a pair, and stop seeking bipartisan support.

I do appreciate the fact he faces a huge from interest groups, and their clients in congress. He has small window of opportunity. Come to 2010 congressional elections, he mightn't enjoy the overwhelming support he has in the house and senate.

The first price ever given to "hope".

He more than deserves than many who won in the past. Let us not fall for the right wing kooks' talking points here.

This is a good come back for the skinny African after that Olympic fiasco.

He's president and there is an exposure, but that's not problem anyway. I think he needs to stop p*ssyfooting, get his party in shape, and treat republicans like Bush treated dems.Grow a pair, and stop seeking bipartisan support.

Oh I disagree. I mean there is exposure then there is "Oh God him again" exposure. It is unwise of him to appear on Daily talk shows, Late night comedy shows, all kinds of shows commenting on shitty stuff like when Kanye snapped at Tylor :confused: I find it particulary irking that they treat him like an entertainer than a president.

N.O.R.F   

Probably due to his popularity. He has done more in 9 months than most leader do in their whole terms.

He put the leash back on Israel

Made up with Russia

Promised to close Guantanamo

Dealing with a recession

Wants free health care for Americans

Speaches of peace and hope etc

Is that enough? Hmmm maybe this will get to work harder to achieve what he has stated.

Good to see the neocons getting their knickers in a twist already.

This will only distract him of doing important things that he should be focusing on. And it would also give the Redneckpicans a firepower to attack him now.

As for Che's point, I think the problem doesn't lie with him alone, it's the whole Dems party that needs to grow some balls. They have the majority in the congress + the pres and they are been bullied around like school kids.

Paragon   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Nay Nay Nay@old man.

Jamal11 something against the telegraph?

They got a bad vibe. smile.gif

The answer to the question is 'a resounding NO'. This was suppose to be given someone who has achieved or worked for peace in a conflict or area of hightened tension. What did he do so far? I think, this would be known one of the biggest faux pas that this committee has come up with.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ If the Yehoodi guy got it for agreeing to sit down with the poeople he occupies and give them false promises, then Obama also deserves it for making false promises.

totally agree - also add that prize is worthless - my awards are better :D