Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Is Barack Obama a deserving winner of the Nobel Peace Prize?

Peacenow   

These people need to grow up and stop hating on the President. Obama done nothing wrong. He was given this prize. He fits perfectly the tenements of a Nobel Prize Winner as given in their charter. Has anyone bothered to read that?

I put forward Ahmedinajad for the next Peace Award.

If the Norwegian and their friends in Oslo do not consider him for the next one, we will launch a new Islamic Peace Award in Jakarta. Be warned!

Zinki   

Originally posted by peacenow:

Obama must continue to support Israel.

The Zionist state that you so much wish to adore has unfortunately no credibility in the world,and so are the zionists and their supporters wherever they are.

Having said that,i see that you are ignorant of the said State's History both now and then,but as we all know,an ignorant man is nevertheless a herd among the Idiotic-herds of the world; no offence to the cows ofcourse.

P.s. There are thousands of Israelites who disowned that Zionist state,namely,Israel; and you of all,make no sting of a difference for neither do your opinions carry any value now nor did they ever made any sense,however little it is

Maybe the award wasn't so much a recognition of his achievements as much as an encouragement.

He can't exactly go invading other countries and destroying rainforests now that he has won a Nobel Peace Prize.

The Prize seems like a preemptive measure to make sure he won't be forced by the "invisible hands" behind the curtains into the aggressive politics of his predecessor(s).

NASSIR   

The Telegraph is extremely biased and irrelevant.

Obama has inspired the world but it's the racist policies of the west and its creation of entrenched structural divide that is pulling his effort as president down.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Anybody, seriously what did this man accomplish?

He hasn't done anything yet but neither did Gorbachev when he received it but you have to recall that Nobel's will stated that the prize was to go "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

Hopeful he will do enough to have earned it. Not many people get recognized for their goodwill by the Noble committee anyway icon_razz.gif so why not give it to Obama as incentive?

Abwaan   

lol...I guess it is too quick...waxqabadkiisa maba la arkin ee abaalgud la siin ogaa...But if it is for encouragement it is understandable.

Paragon   

^No, it's not for encouragement. It just felt cool to give it to him. For publicity purposes. Look how many are talking about the 'Noble Peace prize'. :D

SeeKer   

^^Should you be up this early? Lack of sleep is detrimental for your persona as evidenced by the drip drip of your comment :D

Paragon   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

^^Should you be up this early? Lack of sleep is detrimental for your persona as evidenced by the
drip drip
of your comment
:D

Early to bed early to rise, seeker. Plus I got to make me own breakfast and eat it that early. Hunger. :D

Seeker, what about you? What's chasing you out of sleep?

Wallahi it is kinda joke the fact that the president of a nation engaged in countless wars wins the peace prize. Talk about slippery slope and banana peel. Fishy!

chubacka   

its v. premature. They should give it to ppl who are working hard behind the scenes, going out of their way to do amazing things, I am sure there are far more worthier ppl than Mr Obama, who gets enough recognition for whatever he does.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Jamaal11:

My recent tormentor has been a three legged creature. Got a cure?

Paragon   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

quote:Originally posted by Jamaal11:

My recent tormentor has been a three legged creature. Got a cure?
Hahaha. I have just the cure. Say more. smile.gif