Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Somali Men

Kool_Kat   

Nowadays, almost every corner I turn I see/hear women with men problems...All I hear and see, day in and day out, all that's wrong with our men...Be it husbands/brothers/sons chewing, fadhi ku dirir, darbi istaag, wareeg, mashaqeyte yaal, and most commonly chilling with other women while having a wife and children at home! Mind you, most of these losers are the ones lucky enough manage to impregnate their wives nearly every year or every other year...Marka I started to wonder, had I been in these womens shoes, what would make me want to stay or even worse have children for such low-life-sob?

I am not one to pass judgement, laakiin c-o-m-e—o-n!!!

So today I’ve decided I’m tired of hearing all the bad/negative things our Somali men do...Instead, I want to focus and hear, some, however little, good from our men...If you’d thought this was a thread bashing Somali men, it ain’t...I just want to show appreciation to the hard working, both at home and outside, fathers/brothers/sons...I want to thank those who put up with our qeylo, gunuunac, santaag and huruuf...Those who let us have our ways, although at times knowing we’re wrong, laakiin aan ku indha adkeysano...Those who let us sleep in an extra half an hour while taking care of our children...Those who stay home with the children, to allow us to have time for ourselves...Those who give us the $500 (sometimes even more) to spend on ourselves when going to weddings si aan meesha uga nuurno...Those who rather stay home to play with their children rather than stand/sit at some donut shop to kill time...Those who love and respect us...Most of all, THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ALL THAT AND THEN MORE TO US! You’re truly appreciated...

Ciid wanaagsan…

Aaliyyah   

^True we hear too many negative things about somali men. And, there is nothing with pointing out hte negative aspect so they can improve. But, yeah it is time to appreciate those who are amazing. Alhamdulilah I have an amazing father who was always there for me. I can't imagine life without him. Along with many good men in my life whether they are my brothers, friends, classmates, relatives. Time to appreciate the good men in our lives. Thanks for the reminder koolkat.

Ciid wanaagsan to you too.

salaam

Ismalura   

It is true that there are many great men out there but honestly there are more a) losers B) self centred chauvinists ( the two man groups, I think)

How men relate to their families and women is one thing but I am more disappointed about the way our motherland has been for the last two decades...I cant help feeling that our men have failed us there.

Kudos to all the great men out there. The not so great also serve a purpose; I mean you can't appreciate a good man unless there are bad ones out there. Eid mubarak Somaliyeey.

Salaama allaikum all & Eid mubaarak.

The not so great also serve a purpose; I mean you can't appreciate a good man unless there are bad ones out there.

Isn't that wonderfully, the balance of Allah's creation. The good, the bad and the not so good. Wixii dhib qaba dhibka Allah'a ka qaado.

These problems are mainly down to people abandoning their good ways of life (deen) and the good old culture of Somalis, where men were men, men enough to bear their responsibilities and carry them out successfully.

Insha Allah kheyr. Don't despair, rahma of Allah is nearer.

Somalina   

lol@Those who give us the $500 (sometimes even more) to spend on ourselves when going to weddings si aan meesha uga nuurno.

Eid Mubarak KK

Chimera   

Backlash of a crippled civilisation, there is not a single period in our long history where Somalis were uprooted to such an extent and forced to live outside their own natural realm. Historic conflicts amongst Somali men were always small and very local, bit like the Shoguns, or the city-state Greeks, with most of the population unaffected, and it was easily resolved by one or several Shir conferences.

If conflict broke out, whether internally or against a foreign empire there was an entire civilizational matrix of cities across the Somali peninsula where non-warring Somali men could migrate their families, to start a new life, this prevented the scenario of having to adapt to a new environment, where Somali men are not the dominant males, and where Somali culture is not the dominant culture.

Most Somali men grow up with a "I am a Prince" complex, heavily sustained by their mothers. This was o.k when the country was stable, cosmopolitan and forward looking, and the only competition in education, the workforce, the military industry, or hitching a girl were other Somali men, but today this has changed, and there are some brothers who are confused, disillusioned and lack the confidence and internal stability that most Somali mothers and Somali society induce into their sons from a young age. Some feel isolated/marginalised in these new worlds, or have been poisoned with alien rhetoric, and have become alien themselves, where not even their mothers recognise them. Others lack the strong male role-models because their fathers, uncles, older brothers or cousins are either dead or back in Somalia, and therefore now follow the wrong footsteps.

When the country is doing well, every Somali man is your role model, whether it's the politician in Mogadishu, the farmer in Afgoye, the cattle trader in Berbera, the fighter pilot in Baidoa, the nomad in Luuq, the fisherman in Merka, the radioman in Hargeisa, the navy sailor in Kismayu, the doctor in Bosaso, the scholar in Barawa, or the numerous historic figures taught in schools or honored in statues, they are all your role models, and because they are so apparant in the environment you live and grow up in, you strive to be like them.

The vast majority of Somali men in the diaspora adhere to the principles of their forefathers, and treat their womenfolk with kindness and respect, and take care of their children. However there is also a section that is completely lost out of their damn minds, and i think it is up to us Somali men to do something about it.

My father told me that when he grew up as a kid, he and every Somali boy in the country had a million fathers, simply for the fact that if he or his friends did something wrong, any random Somali male was allowed to correct them and give a disciplinary beating if necessary. Similarly males who treated their wives like dirt were stigmatised, or lazy ones were looked down upon.

We have lost alot these last two decades in the conflict, not just priceless human lives or centuries old/modern architecture, but many great aspects of our old culture aswell, such a shame!

Malika   

Masha'allah KK, Illahi haa kuu dayoo.. ;)

KK - dont listen to them,deg haa uu digin, most of them made their own bed's and they should damn well lay in them ama haka kacaan. Qadr of Allah/nasiib waa wax kale, marriage is by choice! One make's a choice to be or not to be married. Yuusakan badaan halaa iska joojiyo!..Lol

Illahi amuurahaa Somalida uu sahal! - Ameen. In my small town there has been an influx of our community,with that came all sorts of troubles - the worse,which saddens me is children ending up in foster homes - just because the adults cant get their acts together..

One feels like walking around with a whip!, iis yeel yeel badanaa dadkeeni!

Pheew!

Somali Psycho - I hear you.

ps.As for praising,I dont know anything else apart from being a daughter,wife,sister,cousin,niece of Somali men - and they have done me proud.

Kool_Kat   

^Aamiin, allaha inoo wada daayo...I'm just sick and tired of hearing their never ending problems, and THEY NEVER LEAVE THEM! WTH! Ani mey i waalaayaan?

Nina, maxaa la qoslee? $500 is now the minimum...lol

To the great ones, may they continue to prosper in every aspect of life...To the not so good ones, may allah show them the right path insha'allah...

Juxa   

KK all the things that you mentioned should have happened naturally and on daily basis

lakin waa runtaa, there are many many many good MEN out there! allaha noo dhaafo aamiin.

we need good somali men to keep the national forehead going and indeed they EXIST

Eid mubarak

Way to many many @Juxa to make me doubt your figures.

As for the thread. KK you disappoint me.

Somali psycho- blaming the mothers are we?

Mpenzi- mbona kimya siku hizi ata mandazi sijapata.

NGONGE   

Phone Universal TV. If you donate your gold for the building of some mosque, you can ask the wadaado to pray for Somali men. It's the new fashion.

Juxa   

only kuwa la jecelyahay loo duceeyaa!!! adiga malaguu duceeyay wali yaa ngonge

CL in the spirit of Eid i was being positive! maxaa kaa reebay dadka adiga?

Cawaale   

Some folks were sitting at the coffee shop ,watching universal TV. there was this particular man who was articulating about how women folks naively believe in cagmadhige's prayers, when a women called.

The caller: Walaal waa gabar Soomaaliyeed waxaan doonaya in la ii duceeyo?

Cagmadhige: Masha-Allah Masha-Allah, maxaa laguugu duceeyaa?

The caller: In ninkayga ilaahay soo hanuuniyo, oo uu waqti nala qaato, fadhi ku dirirka iyo fagaara joogana alle ka madoobeeyo.

the man stood up went to the TV and manually increased the volume of the TV before he suddenly dashed outside of the coffee shop yellin. Qaran Igisbarees.

Its said that the caller was xaaskiisa.

FG.Sheekadan sal iyo raad midna malahan