Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Somali Men

Kool_Kat   

Val, waxaan ka yaabay Somali women seem more bitter (not sure if bitter is the correct word) these days...Only holding on to the negative in almost every situation...War even saying something positive can get you in hot waters bisinkee... :D

No I am not. That’s what you implied by this faraax appreciation thread and especially you equating good somali men with men who are simply fulfillng the given part of their responsabilities.

Since your tired of hearing all of that; why don’t you offer practical solution to what seems like a chronic problem that’s has besieged the community? Anyhow- do tell me how is this thread- that aims to appreciate few-men who fullfill what should be give/basic-to-be-expected out of a son, brother, husband and father going to change anything?

More importantly Somali women come out of their responsabilities and more; but do we get a thread that appreciate their contribution to this dead-horse for a community? No, at best you get a tokinistic thread that talks about how beautiful they are and yes lets not forget complaining about somali men thread etc or depecting them as this weakling creatures who spend most of their time complaining about their partners as if their complains have no basis. Just because your tired of hearing it, doesn’t mean its not valid/with legitimacy. After all they’re expriencing it day in day out as they striggle in their day-to-day burden/responsabilities.

kk- Yes bitter is not the correct word in this instance. I would say level headed. Now am not saying there is something wrong with a bit of positivism; ohh no. All am saying is we shouldnt gush and aww on the exception; this should be the norm. By opening a thread that appreciates the few who by your accounts are really not doing anything exceptional…is rewarding bad behaviour and grossly misplaced.

Mpendwa- my knickers are well untangled thanag you ferry ferry much. :D

Val :D Indeed.

Kool_Kat   

Whoa, whoa, whoaaaa! Where's all this coming from CL? Could you show me where I "gushed" and "awwed"? Did you even read my post? Talk about taking things to a whole new level/direction...Walaalo, I felt to open this thread to show appreciation, YES appreciation for Somali men who do their normal every day duties...If that's a crime, sue me! If not, oh well... :D If you want to do the same for the women, by all means, go right ahead, I'll be the first to cheer for us...

What you're talking about is above and beyond what this topic was all about...But hey, who am I to stop you from venting...Like I've said, this topic is nothing more than showing brothers some appreciation for taking care of their every day responsibilities, which many men fail to do so...Nothing more, nothing less...If you feel it isn't worthy of mention, heeeey...

NGONGE   

^^ It's ok. I distracted her with a thread that should keep her fuming for days. Sheekadaada iska wado..you were saying we are great and what?....

Malika   

^ :D:D You guys are great-You fear us. I have come to the conclusion Somali men are afraid of Somali women..Lol

CL,come on! You want to tell me there are other men that do go beyond their resposibilities in other communities??

Kuwaan anigu arkoo,they dont walk far behind the Somali man honestly..

underdog   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

...Like I've said, this topic is nothing more than showing brothers some appreciation for taking care of their every day responsibilities, which many men fail to do so...

Where do you girls get these random statistics on male usefulness?

Did you consider that maybe (just maybe) that some of these women are getting what they deserve?

With that said, a pat on the back for the man is long overdue. and to those that seem to have an issue with even the mention of a postive deed by a Somali man, Gonzalo Higuain iyo guri Madrid kuyaalo Allah hakuu sahlo...Aamin Dheh!

Chimera   

^I agree, we Somali men don't walk around with our women attached to our hips, they can go wherever their hearts wishes to be, there is no such thing as 'honor killings' in our culture, so one wonders what is exactly stopping them?

Fact is; a man will treat his wife the way he treats his mother and sister. It's not hard to figure out why my father and mother carefully observed their future son-in-laws interaction with their mothers and female relatives before they gave their blessings. I know for damn sure had they been bast@rds towards their own, my mother would have dropped a brick on those bigazz weddingcakes, because no doubt these men would treat my sisters in a similar way.

Anyone deserves whom they get. If you hang with bad people all your life, there is a FAT chance you will marry one. The excuse that he was all Mr Prince charming & Mr Perfect is just plain BOOHOOSHIT!! Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining. It is in their delirious love-dovey mind that these particular men they married were 'Perfect', everybody around them were probably holding warning signs.

There was an interesting story last year about a group of ladies gathering at a community centre in Minnesota to complain about their lives and the men they are/ were with. One of them established a special room where her deadbeat boyfriend could chew Jaad, i mean LMFAO!!!, how istubid is that? and then she has the nerve to badmouth all Somali men the vast majority who are honorable and do things the right way, which is why millions of Somali women who can make up their own minds will continue to marry them.

But according to Cynical Lady the solution to all of our problems(which is common in all communities) is 'marrying out', because only the 12 million Somali males of this planet have lowlives in their midst, the other 3 billion males will go straight to Jannah because each day they iron their wives clothing, make breakfast, and massage their feet when they come home from a hard day of working, well La di DA, what are you waiting for CL?, you are on the wrong site my dear.

I usually keep my mouth shut when i see our sisters claim they are ahead of us in terms of education & career because i believe it is a good thing for women to have a strong sense of self-confidence, but this has mutated into a deluded sense of superiority over their malefolk.

Please pick any country with a sizeable Somali community in the diaspora, and provide us with statistics on the so-called 'difference'. I have seen these statistics, you actually might not like what you find or discover through me, so let the challenge begin!

Naaya, I dare you!

Ibtisam   

I was with you till you got to the Naaya part. :D

Ciid kasta good and bad wee leyihin, Somali and otherwise. It is unhealthy and sad if we as Somalis think Somali men as a rule waxba ka siyiah and only few are average with no perfect ones.

I sort of agree with KK, but only difference is I hear the "there are losers, no good Somali men, no jobs, yad yad ya" from the none married crew. I think everyone needs a tripe to specsavers. I never come across these losers la sheego, xaagad tagtan ee these losers ku aragtan baal. So my theory is few horror stories aya la buun buun ii ya and now wa the biggest myth. :D

Likewise I hear brothers complaining female kii wuu kibirey and jumanican bey la carinin. lol again a myth based on few cases.

All that aside, qofkast gets what they deserve and what they are willing to put up with, no one is forced into a marriage, so there really is no excuse. Pick wisely (what ever race he is, tawakal calallah) and if he/she turns out to be a loser, then replace them with a winner. What is the big deal. :cool:

Cara.   

I could have sworn I read this exact topic a year ago, including all the responses :confused:

KK, talk about damning with faint praise icon_razz.gif Wasn't there a Chris Rock stand up routine about this?

Underdog- Ameeeeen!!! But what positive dead. Providing food for your family and co-parenting with your own wife? Oh my that's so impressive. :rolleyes:

Mpenzi-acha nawe. Nawachokonoa hawa walendo. Twende na flow basi nawe.

Kk- nahedee were going in circles. Let’s just say I don’t see the logic behind your “Somali men appreciation thread” for men who are according to you are “doing their normal every day duties” what’s so special about that? Appreciating someone for doing what he ought to be doing is silly, to me your simply rewarding mediocre, and that lacks ambition.

P.S if this is it; in terms of what Somali women could/should aspire to in terms of what to expect from their men; then god help us all.

Psycho- that’s soo cute a whole paragraph dedicated to mwah!! :rolleyes: