Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Somali Men

i always give my wife whatever money she wants. I go

ok sweetie...how much do u want? she says that much.

I go ok, sign this paper and u pay me back with 2% interest. done deal.

I dont care what she spends with. I am making money!

Kool_Kat   

^LOL!

Juxa, only in a perfect world would all the things I've mentioned happen on the regular...LAAKIIN? Soomaali yaanyoow baan anahay...

Cynical Lady, why the disappointment?

There is more important purpose we serve for Somali women other then money. You should have mention that as well. lacag ku teh, yaa u baahan lacag dumarkuba waa shaqaysan karaane :D

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

There is more important purpose we serve for Somali women other then money. You should have mention that as well. lacag ku teh, yaa u baahan lacag dumarkuba waa shaqaysan karaane
:D

More important things laguye.....

Waxbaan dhihi rabay ee hadana waanba ka xishooday ;)

Kool_Kat   

Ducaysane, what could be more important than lacag? icon_razz.gif I didn't just mention lacag, fyi...Of course guriga shaqadiisa oo aad nala caawisaan, adeega suuqa oo aad noo aadaan, caruurta oo aad daiperka inooga badashaan, iwm, baa more impartant ka'ah lacagta... icon_razz.gif:D

I am always surprised when men are patted on the back for providing for their family or looking after their kids.

What else were they supposed to do? That's expected of them as men, fathers and husbands - they're not doing any of us a favour.

Kool_Kat   

If everyone did what's expected of them or what they were supposed to be doing, then there wouldn't be "the good" "the bad" "the ugly" and everything in between! The Somali men of today have failed their familes, and continue to do so...Be it kii jaad cune ah, jaad wade ah, mashaqeyste ah, fadhi ku dirir ka nacnacleeya, darbi istaag ah, iwm...And since when is it so bad to let someone/people know 'they're doing a great job'?

The ones who do what they are suppose to do are truly appreacited for doing just that...

Malika   

^Apparently so, I am told, walagaa keeni karayaa ficnantaa.I doubt it.

ps.Do men continously require to be patted on the head?- why expect a woman one has married to carry on his mothers role?

:D

^Ma aragtey :D

Of course anyone doing a 'great' job should be acknowledged and appreciated. But doing a great job means going above and beyond the usual expectations.

But men routinely get rewarded for just doing the basic minimum. That's what I'm talking about.

However, that wasn't the point of the thread...go on.

KK- Somali women have solid reasons to complain about Somali men. But I agree on your first statement; why continue the cycle and marry such loser and worse let him father your children? Like you, I have asked the same question to several ill-fated women and they’re response has been; show me the good ones, before he married me he was a decent one and promised me the moon and the star. But as soon as i married him; he did a 360 on me, got me pregnant on the first night etc. and whenever they complain of lack of good men- I always follow up with is the problem lack of good men or Somali men? The later in so true, but there is an abundance of good men out there but Somali women (silly women they are at times) are not ready to venture out and explore those possibility. They rather settle for aight guy/a farax project or worse an utter loser just because his Somali/easy option with less drama. Now it’s around this point that I say tough luck. But the problem still stands.

Now am not saying all Somali men are bad. But the reality for the majority is different. And I for one think; holding the “Somali men” in a pedestal thing needs to stop and the mirrors need to be held firmly on their faces; and for them to face the harsh reality i.e. the majority of them are nothing but waste of sperms. Failed in most aspects of their responsibilities and are trailing way behind their counterparts. Now as for your= good Somali men with; he lets us have our ways even when you’re wrong, lets you sleep extra half an hour, help you take care of the children so you can have a night out and give you money, play with the children, respects and loves you etc….REALLY isn’t that given. Isn’t that what a man/husband/father ought to do anyway? Are we suppose to jump for joy because he recognizes his responsibilities. God help us all if that’s the case. We should only gush and reward when they do more than expected and not when their barely fulfilling their responsibilities.

Kool_Kat   

Obviously, you are taking the whole point of this topic all wrong...Where in my post did I say for men to be 'patted on back' or 'hold them in a pedestal' for doing their every day responsibilities? Iyaah, are we putting words in my mouth indhaheygoo shanta ah?

All I said was that I was tired of hearing bad things Somali men do...Tired of seeing good-for-nothing husbands/fathers...When women are the ones who are putting up with this!!! Tired of hearing all the cabaad and calaacal from these women...I see nothing wrong in appreciating the good ones and the things they do for their family...Very simple!

When you hear 'ninkaas waa nin fiican' ama 'aabe fiican', it doesn't mean cirka iyo dhulka buu isku keenaa ama kala hayaa...It simply means his daily responsibilities as a man, as a husband, as a father buu kasoo baxaa...Nothing more... ;)